Lake Sumter Web cam is back (and then down again).

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Sage
Default Re: Lake Sumter Web cam is back

Russ, thanks so much for alerting us to the fact that there are cameras .. I didn't know. Sure wish it had sound, guess that's getting greedy. Can always play 60s music when I watch it. Now we will all lurk at home in the dark and cold, watching people at TV having fun. And then, before long, it will be our turn!!! Can hardly wait!! ;D
Old 09-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
Russ, thanks so much for alerting us to the fact that there are cameras .. I didn't know. Sure wish it had sound, guess that's getting greedy. Can always play 60s music when I watch it. Now we will all lurk at home in the dark and cold, watching people at TV having fun. And then, before long, it will be our turn!!! Can hardly wait!! ;D
You can see how long the line is at the Rialto movie theater from the Spanish Springs web-cam. The Rialto is the building with the marquee which is just left of the Church on the Square. That is during the day though. Could not make much out at night. You get the sunset too from the Spanish Springs web-cam.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ
I can't help it but the prankster on my shoulder is whispering in my ear......nope scratch that.....SHOUTING in my ear. Who's got the nerve to make a sign with TOTV in BIG LETTERS.....and display that in front of the webcam at Sumter. Hummmm? Maybe do a little dance.....ohhhhh the possibilities.....
We could make big Ts and a V with people? The O would be a bit difficult? Do need a gymnast or at least someone rather in shape for the V. I suppose two very flexible people could make an "O".
Old 09-03-2007, 02:39 PM
Sage

Taltarzac: I'll volunteer for the T if you can wait until October 26!! Altho I'm short, if you want a tall T I'll volunteer my husband. You might be hard pressed to find anyone flexible enough for the O .... Perhaps you can use one of the tires that Bam is painting white for use as a lawn ornament.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
Taltarzac: I'll volunteer for the T if you can wait until October 26!! Altho I'm short, if you want a tall T I'll volunteer my husband. You might be hard pressed to find anyone flexible enough for the O .... Perhaps you can use one of the tires that Bam is painting white for use as a lawn ornament.
We would probably have to do this more than once because you never know when anyone is looking at that web-cam.

Reminds me of that Survivor where they had to get the attention of a plane by spelling out S.O.S. There are a lot of possibilities here as JohnZ pointed out in a previous post.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Taltarzac

The Spanish Springs web-cam looks like it is coming from a camera just above the Sevilla lettering on one of the corner buildings? Walked around that Square today with a yellow bandage on my left arm after donating blood at Florida's Blood Centers. Got a free Firehouse Sub for doing this. That's quite a meatball sub.

I will have to check and see if I can spot the Sumter Landing camera.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:02 PM

If you put the camera in Sumter at your back, and look up you will see it almost at the top of the building.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:22 AM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydube
If you put the camera in Sumter at your back, and look up you will see it almost at the top of the building.
I will have to try that. Thanks, LarryDube.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:27 PM
Veteran member

My wife says I am addicted to the villages. I have the TOTV short cut and the web cam shortcuts and am on here every day after work. a wishing and a dreaming that I was there with you all. Those web cams get dark and lonely fairly early.
Larry & Bev
Wanabee future TVer
Old 09-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskman

My wife says I am addicted to the villages. I have the TOTV short cut and the web cam shortcuts and am on here every day after work. a wishing and a dreaming that I was there with you all. Those web cams get dark and lonely fairly early.
Larry & Bev
The angle of both Lake Sumter and Spanish Springs' web-cams changed. Now, it seems to be going straight out rather than tilted to the right as it had the last day I looked at it-- September 5, 2007.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Veteran member

They changed it from this morning when I last looked. I like this view, hope they keep it this way.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickY
They changed it from this morning when I last looked. I like this view, hope they keep it this way.
You can see more of what is going on at the squares now! :bigthumbsup:
Old 09-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Veteran member

Looks like the Lake Sumpter Web Cam is down again >
Old 09-21-2007, 09:57 AM
Gold member

It must have gotten wet in all the recent rain :'( :'(

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.