Laminate Flooring Best Brands?

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2014, 08:19 AM
Veteran member

We used East Coast Flooring and the product is called QuickStep (laminate) -- it was around $5 or $6 a square foot. The color we used is 'Saffron Hickory" and it is a scraped surface, making it look like real hardwood. We have 2 dogs so did not want hardwood. We are very pleased. In fact, two friends of ours saw our floor and chose same exact floor for their home. There is no echo when we walk (as with some installations) because they use a barrier made of same stuff as scuba diving suits.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:32 AM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salpal View Post
We used East Coast Flooring and the product is called QuickStep (laminate) -- it was around $5 or $6 a square foot. The color we used is 'Saffron Hickory" and it is a scraped surface, making it look like real hardwood. We have 2 dogs so did not want hardwood. We are very pleased. In fact, two friends of ours saw our floor and chose same exact floor for their home. There is no echo when we walk (as with some installations) because they use a barrier made of same stuff as scuba diving suits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
We have a barn board pattern laminate flooring made by Armstrong. It is very high quality (and high price). You get what you pay for with 99 cent laminate.
Thank you both so very much. It seems the more research I do on different brands the more confused I get Can you tell me what thickness your laminate is 8mm 10mm 12mm? Do you know the AC rating (hardness, durability) AC3 or 4? Thanks so much again!
Old 10-18-2014, 12:04 PM
Sage

We used Qulck Step as well but I think it was a bit more in price than $6. That said, we have been very happy with it and have a big dog that runs about. It has held up very well. Most people think it is hardwood when they see it and are surprised when I tell them it is laminate.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhdleo View Post
Thank you both so very much. It seems the more research I do on different brands the more confused I get Can you tell me what thickness your laminate is 8mm 10mm 12mm? Do you know the AC rating (hardness, durability) AC3 or 4? Thanks so much again!
We are having East Coast Flooring do our laminate floors Thursday. We decided, to use Bella Cera which is AC3, 12.3mm, and HDF, high density fiberboard core. East Coast will answer all of your questions and explain the entire process. We chose to use them because of the great reviews on this forum.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippyclubb View Post
We are having East Coast Flooring do our laminate floors Thursday. We decided, to use Bella Cera which is AC3, 12.3mm, and HDF, high density fiberboard core. East Coast will answer all of your questions and explain the entire process. We chose to use them because of the great reviews on this forum.
Thank you so very much!
Old 10-19-2014, 10:34 PM

Very good info
Old 10-20-2014, 12:22 PM

hello my name is joshua i am a floor installer for best flooring company i have done work in your area you may want to contact steve at the fuitland park branch he can help you get the best of the best please tell him josh with bos custom flooring sent you thanks and i hope you find what your looking for if you need a installer call 3525122072 i would love to help with your project i am lic. and ins.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:20 PM
Veteran member

I had Armstrong Cherry Bronze installed about 4 years ago, I bought it on line from hurst Flooring, and saved quite a bit, it is 12mm , 1100 sq ft thru the whole house except the guest bedroom, wears like iron, it does not show any wear, even in the kitchen or entry. I think the warrenty 13 30 years. It floats, i would suggest changing to 5" baseboards at the same time. We bought them at Pat Sales on 441 just after the split. Our installer was Mike Wilson 352-638 7979
Old 10-20-2014, 02:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llaran View Post
I had Armstrong Cherry Bronze installed about 4 years ago, I bought it on line from hurst Flooring, and saved quite a bit, it is 12mm , 1100 sq ft thru the whole house except the guest bedroom, wears like iron, it does not show any wear, even in the kitchen or entry. I think the warrenty 13 30 years. It floats, i would suggest changing to 5" baseboards at the same time. We bought them at Pat Sales on 441 just after the split. Our installer was Mike Wilson 352-638 7979
Thank you so very much!
Old 10-21-2014, 08:05 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhdleo View Post
Our Armstrong/Bruce laminate, Woodland Reclaim/Textured Timbers, is 12mm. No idea what the hardness is, but it's been in now for a year and looks and performs great.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
Our Armstrong/Bruce laminate, Woodland Reclaim/Textured Timbers, is 12mm. No idea what the hardness is, but it's been in now for a year and looks and performs great.
Thank you so much for your input!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.