Lamp for Outside lamp post

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2019, 06:39 AM
Default Lamp for Outside lamp post

New to The Villages. Need to replace the lamp fixture that sits on top of the lamp post. Would like to find an identical one since it matches the lamps on the outside of the house. We have the Lilac model. Any advice on where to go? Thanks.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntrunner View Post
New to The Villages. Need to replace the lamp fixture that sits on top of the lamp post. Would like to find an identical one since it matches the lamps on the outside of the house. We have the Lilac model. Any advice on where to go? Thanks.
You can find a limited selection at Lowe's and Home Depot. I would recommend avoiding plastic lamp post lights, as the sun will eventually take its toll on them. I suggest calling, or better yet visiting, Electric Supply Inc, (off of 301 in Wildwood) (352) 240-7442. They supply the majority of posts and post lamps that The Villages uses and installs. They have a great selection, and will see to homeowners (not just contractors or wholesale). I've purchased several products from them to use for customers in The Villages.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:10 AM

Call the Warranty Department they have a record for your home and all the individual items as built.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:20 AM

I agree...call the Warranty Department...they have everything...I have used them many times in both houses that I have owned here. I needed the color of m front door and they had the exact color.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:15 AM

If you purchased new check your closing doc's there is an inventory of everything that went on/in the house.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Daily Run View Post
I agree...call the Warranty Department...they have everything...I have used them many times in both houses that I have owned here. I needed the color of m front door and they had the exact color.
Home Warranty will be able to tell the brand, and in most cases, the exact model. Depending on the age of the home, your mileage may vary. Once you get the info on the specifics (for lamp post lights, outdoor sconces, etc) try the place I mentioned in an earlier post. They can get everything you need, and in most cases, have them in stock. From my experience, they are much cheaper than the lighting supply stores in the area.
Closed Thread

Tags
lamp, post, house, lamps, matches

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.