Landscape curbing question

Closed Thread
Old 11-27-2020, 11:45 AM
Default Landscape curbing question

Not sure if this is appropriate to post in this group but was hoping somebody had some wisdom on this topic. I had my landscape curbing done last summer and it developed several significant cracks a couple of weeks after it was done. The owner of the company sent someone out to repair that and they recommended replacing the section, (to be sure it matched the original color) which also was done at no charge to me. They supposedly pulled up the work order and were supposed to use the original color. Right after it was done, I expressed concern about it looking much different than the original and I was assured that it would eventually blend in. Obviously this has not happened. Short of replacing all of my curbing, which will be pretty expensive, have any of you had any experience in having your curbing painted or stained? Any other suggestions as to a good solution to this (short of replacing the entire curbing). I am sure several of you will ask which company it is and I am not in the habit of bashing companies in public but will be happy to give you the name of the company in private so other people will not have the same bad experience.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	31EFEC08-A0E3-4337-A868-1DE46A17816C.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	87105  
Old 11-27-2020, 12:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,126 Times in 2,240 Posts

Not sure why you would need to have all the curbing replaced, unless the original faded so much the original color can no longer be matched. If (big IF here) the curbing has not been sealed, you may be able to have all of it repainted so everything matches. I would go to Sherwin Williams, or Florida Paints and ask what could be used. Then If you are handy, pressure wash the curbing, allow to dry fully, and apply paint. On a side note we have a Xylene based paint on out driveway for over 6 years, and still looks excellent.

Tags
curbing, replacing, original, company, color

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.