Landscaping compliance

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2019, 01:42 PM

In this case the owner must file a landscape request with the ARC(architectural review committee) The form is online and there is no cost to file. If the present landscape conforms to the deed restrictions for that village it will be approved and nothing need be done. If it is not in compliance the owner will have to submit a new plan with corrections and they will be responsible for the costs to bring it into compliance and they will have 6 months to get it done.
There may be recourse against the previous owner or broker but that is a legal matter
Old 07-15-2019, 05:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobever View Post
Has anyone said anything about the court yard villas in Creekside at Lake Sumter-all stone landscaping and owned by The Villages??!! Hummm.
Courtyard villas are allowed to have all stone on the property. It's a non-issue for them.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

I owe some people an apology. While I did receive a copy of the Declariations of Restrictions on the lot I reserved in District 12. I could not find the landscaping detail in that document as discussed here.

Declarations of Restrictions:
Village Community Development Districts

Searching the Districgov web site, I found quite a complex web of documents not recieved that contain the detail:

Deed Compliance:
VCDD Deed Compliance - Lake County

External Deed Restrictions Stamdards:
https://www.districtgov.org/departme...ct10_Rules.pdf

Deed restrictions up to Districts up to 10 are on the web site. Subsiquent districts are missing. May be in the public record.

Architectural Review manuals, this appears to be a key working guideline:
VCDD Community Standards

How do I know what the guidelines are for modifications to the home and/or lot?
The individual District Board of Supervisors approved an Architectural Review Manual utilized as a guideline, in concert with the District’s adopted Rule, to assist the ARC in making a determination on modification requests. To view, click on the ‘Architectural Review Manual’ Quick Link and choose the District in which you reside.

Last edited by Altavia; 07-15-2019 at 10:04 PM.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Personally I would have loved to put down astro-turf, instead of grass--no mowing, no irrigation, dogs hate it, no brown spots, no mushrooms, no pesticides & fertilization-it would be a win/win dollar wise in a short period of time
Artificial grass would be my dream as well. Along with shrubs and palm trees.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:34 AM

The house next door was sold with many violations however nothing was ever fixed. Instead of additions being 5' away from our fence, it's about 3', at most. Other problems with dead trees, etc, nothing has been done after advising and requesting for the dead plants to be removed due to fire hazard.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaligirl View Post
The house next door was sold with many violations however nothing was ever fixed. Instead of additions being 5' away from our fence, it's about 3', at most. Other problems with dead trees, etc, nothing has been done after advising and requesting for the dead plants to be removed due to fire hazard.
To whom?
Old 07-16-2019, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
I got all mine when I bought 4 1/2 years ago... everyone does.
We got ALL of ours 15 years ago!!!!
Old 07-16-2019, 11:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
We got ALL of ours 15 years ago!!!!
I'm building later this this year so have a bad case of I don't know what I don't know.

Is there a list of ALL the documents that apply?

District 12 is not yet available but seems unlikely they will be substantially different from the others.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:08 AM
Cool Interesting

I would be interested in whether the Title insurance covers landscaping on a HOA agreement. Since it is a local rule, not a legal regulation it probably won’t be covered. My understanding is that title insurance covers the legal title to the property, like liens, contractors liens
(for work done and not paid) and such filed against the property in the courthouse in the city, county or stats.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaManson View Post
I would be interested in whether the Title insurance covers landscaping on a HOA agreement. Since it is a local rule, not a legal regulation it probably won’t be covered. My understanding is that title insurance covers the legal title to the property, like liens, contractors liens
(for work done and not paid) and such filed against the property in the courthouse in the city, county or stats.
If you sign a document giving an entity the right to impose fines on you as a homeowner for something involving your property, and then to impose a lien on the property if you don't pay the fine, then that SEEMS like it would fall into that Title Insurance coverage.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:21 AM

good advice!
Old 07-18-2019, 11:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Found this informative:

Title Services - Compass Land and Title LLC
Old 07-18-2019, 02:41 PM
Sage

Title insurance offers protection to you and/or your lender from previous claims or prior rights that another party may have to the property, including any unsettled debt of previous property owners. Moreover, title insurance is centered around a public records search, which is estimated to establish the status of the title at the time the property was purchased. On the occasion that your title is challenged by another party, your title insurance underwriter will defend your title and pay any and all related costs and losses in property value that occurs, up to your title insurance policy limit.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I would think that they may have some recourse against The Villages realty sine they should have known that it was not in compliance. They are, after all, an agency of The Villages who writes the regulations.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Did the sales agreement indicate that all things were in compliance? I think some say “as is” for certain things. At least it was so in mine.

My landscape does need help as the owners have been gone, and incapable, but none of my neighbors have complained and I’m working on keeping everyone happy. When my neighbors are happy then I am happy too.
Closed Thread

Tags
landscaping, villages, compliance, home, liable

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.