Lantana vs. Gardenia vs. Bridgeport

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Lantana vs. Gardenia vs. Bridgeport

If I thought I was confused last week while there, I have to admit, my head is dizzy now!

I love the entrance to the Gardenia and in terms of entrance, the Lantana is a close second. I guess you can call that curb appeal. It's that appeal that makes you get out of the car to look

I don't like the entrance to the Bridgeport at all. It's too square - now if they arched it, I think the look would be pretty because it's deep enough to add a bench or pretty urn.

My husband likes the layout of the Lantana - it's open and what we're use too but we now live in over 4,000 sq feet so for me, downsizing takes on a whole new meaning. Because I have a huge kitchen now, the kitchen in the Lantana seems tiny. The Gardenia is a bit better and the Bridgeport is the best in terms of the kitchen.

I don't know how others do it; switching from living in a big home with all the am amentities (I have over 35 cabinets in my kitchen) to a home half the size. I feel like there's something the matter with me. I love TV; the lifestyle and the people. There is no doubt that this is where we want to be as soon as our home is sold. I even came to terms (almost) about leaving my three little grandkids and my son and daughter and their spouses. Of course, I'll probaby cry for six months!

Can someone explain what stretched means - I know it's extra footage but if you can't customize a home, how can you get extra footage where you want it? For instance, if the Bridgeport, I would want the extra in the guest bedrooms the Gardenia, both the kitchen and guest rooms; the Lantana, definitely the kitchen. And I also want the biggest lanai we can have.

Okay, am I dreaming and being totally unrealistic?

When I was in the square one night, we were standing behind a women waiting for our turn (Happy Hour); we got to talking and I mentioned the size of the homes. She looked a me like I had two heads and said "who cares". From that point on, I didn't talk about it because I felt like an odd ball caring abut the home. But we all have to live in it right so shouldn't this be just as important as playhing golf and having fun!

Old 12-01-2007, 07:10 PM

nanci,

Re: downsizing...we just suck it up get rid of as much STUFF as possible. At TV it's not about STUFF, it's about enjoying yourself. That said, we still brought too much but are whittling away at it. Don't want to get rid of all the reminders of good times past you know!
Old 12-02-2007, 12:18 AM
Sage

Nanci - My house isn't quite 4000 SqF but it is above 3000 and with the kids gone I have at least 3 rooms that really don't do much for me. We can't wait to get under 2000 SqF. I agree that kitchen layout is second only to lanai/outside room (east facing of course).

We might even get rid of ALL furniture and start fresh just for the heck of it!
Old 12-02-2007, 03:11 AM
Veteran member

Nanci:

For years, TV had a Design Center and the buyer could stretch the footprint of their home for an additional charge. They have since closed the Design Center and this is no longer an option. So now pre-owned stretched homes that are for sale use this as a selling feature.
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Old 12-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Veteran member

So if you want a particular model stretched, they can find one for you?
Old 12-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Gold member

Nanci,
You might want to talk to your Village agent about stretched models. Seems to me I remember being shown a Jasmine in Duval, new, that was 2 feet wider than the regular model. It would be worth asking.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Sage

We just moved in about a month ago to a Lantana and I adore this house. Yes, the kitchen is a little smaller, but I love the other two rooms and bath being separate from the rest of the house. When my daughter came to visit she felt the privacy. That pocket door is a great idea also. What I found more important was the land behind us. I didn't want to be staring into other people's lani's or yards, so we went for the privacy. We had been twice before looking and almost bought, but I'm glad we waited because of the location we have. I can do with a smaller kitchen anyway, I've cooked enough! Happy hunting.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.