Large Police Response

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2017, 06:24 PM
Default Large Police Response

We were leaving Square 1 Burger at 6:55 this evening and heard many sirens. We then observed nine police cars heading East on 466a at a high rate of speed, There were probably more before we started observing. Anyone know what was going on?
Old 08-22-2017, 07:38 PM
Sage

Don't know if you saw on t.v or "the other news source"....and accident that killed a woman and involved a semi (not sure what) but one person was caught/arrested and another ran and is (hopefully has been caught now) armed. Apparently some folks got a robo-call from law enforcement to warn them. African/American guy with red shorts so be aware!!! Hope this helps!!
Old 08-22-2017, 08:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Don't know if you saw on t.v or "the other news source"....and accident that killed a woman and involved a semi (not sure what) but one person was caught/arrested and another ran and is (hopefully has been caught now) armed. Apparently some folks got a robo-call from law enforcement to warn them. African/American guy with red shorts so be aware!!! Hope this helps!!
We got that robo call around 3 PM, from Wildwood and Sumter County police. They advised staying inside with doors and windows locked as person considered to be armed and dangerous. I hope they caught him.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:57 PM

We, too, observed many police cars headed East on 466a as we were headed to Peachwave in Colony around 7 PM. This was much, much later than the pursuit and accident down on CR44 this afternoon. Must have been another big-time problem

Just learned on the 10 PM news that the driver of that car is still on the loose. That may have been the cause of that large police response earlier this evening.

Last edited by pklein9747; 08-22-2017 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pklein9747 View Post
We, too, observed many police cars headed East on 466a as we were headed to Peachwave in Colony around 7 PM. This was much, much later than the pursuit and accident down on CR44 this afternoon. Must have been another big-time problem
In the last month or so, I have been noticing a lot of crime in Mt. Dora reported on Television news. Several bank robberies and armed robberies of businesses. I wondered if some bunch of bad people had moved in or targeted that area.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:20 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
In the last month or so, I have been noticing a lot of crime in Mt. Dora reported on Television news. Several bank robberies and armed robberies of businesses. I wondered if some bunch of bad people had moved in or targeted that area.
Mt Dora appeared seedy 11 years ago when we visited.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Usually when a crime wave like that happens it is one person who is desperately feeding a drug habit.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 08-23-2017, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by theorem painter View Post
Usually when a crime wave like that happens it is one person who is desperately feeding a drug habit.
So SAD. So troubling that you are probably right.

Tags
police, speed, high, 466a, rate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.