Larry

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2019, 06:05 PM
Bosoxfan
Default Larry

I'm really worried Larry (the alligator) won't be around much longer. The publicity he's received over the past couple of days could be the beginning of the end. I tend to drive a golf cart around that area a lot with little if any spectators looking for Larry parked on the edge of the path.Today however there were many people walking the fence looking.Little children were walking right up against the fence. This is not good people.Please go about your business and let Larry go about his.

Last edited by Bosoxfan; 03-06-2019 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Words of Wisdom Bosoxman. Larry was here first and he wasn't bothering anyone.

I'm pretty sure I saw Troy Landry at LSL last night. Leave Larry alone.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,042 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
I'm really worried Larry (the alligator) won't be around much longer. The publicity he's received over the past couple of days could be the beginning of the end. I tend to drive a golf cart around that area a lot with little if any spectators looking for Larry parked on the edge of the path.Today however there were many people walking the fence looking.Little children were walking right up against the fence. This is not good people.Please go about your business and let Larry go about his.
You bring up an excellent point. I've seen first hand an ignorant individual stopping his car and getting his picture taken while he was bending over a gator who happened to stray from the golf course pond to near the road.
Two days later, trappers hooked him and used a bang stick. No, they do NOT relocate gators. If this attention doesn't die down considerably, I don't like Larrys chances of just being left alone.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
You bring up an excellent point. I've seen first hand an ignorant individual stopping his car and getting his picture taken while he was bending over a gator who happened to stray from the golf course pond to near the road.
Two days later, trappers hooked him and used a bang stick. No, they do NOT relocate gators. If this attention doesn't die down considerably, I don't like Larrys chances of just being left alone.

Thank you! That's exactly what I was going to post. I've talked to a number of people and read posts by individuals who mistakenly think that when a "nuisance alligator" (which usually just means that someone has spotted it) is reported to FWC that the animal is moved to another area. No!
Can't we all just leave the wildlife alone? Keep your pets and grandchildren safely away from ponds, etc.
SAVE LARRY!
Old 03-06-2019, 08:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

The people that complain about the gators remind me of the trolls that go around and complain about items in people's yards. Leave the gators alone, people, and keep the publicity (mainly your comments) to yourself.

Some of us can enjoy Florida's native wildlife discreetly without bringing unwanted attention (and ultimate demise) to these amazing creatures that were here long before us.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:38 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Remeber what happened to the buffalo just a few years back. Now the few remaining are hidden the other side of Amberwood GC.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:43 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

FYI: Larry was removed two years ago.

This is Lucie.
Closed Thread

Tags
larry, fence, walking, people, path

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.