Old 03-15-2019, 12:41 PM

The way of the buffalo....The Villages Florida
Old 03-15-2019, 01:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by seoulbrooks View Post
"I can't believe some people are upset that a 11', 700 lb alligator was removed because he was becoming too comfortable around people. I would love to hear these same people's comments if he snatched one of their toy dogs or their grandchildren and walked away with them in his mouth."

Be smart enough to keep your dogs and grandchildren away from the gators. Always easier to blame the wildlife than hold so called parents/grown-ups responsible. The age of "always someone else's fault". Do whatever is easiest for "me".
Seoul, Sir. Thank you for your service sir.

However, I am not sad that big creature has been taken far away. If Larry were a big ole' mama bear, I would feel the same, and any snake. I love most animals and give them human traits. I HOPE they reciprocate and tell their friends.

Howsomever, Larry wasn't Bambi.

And the Buffalo still live in a field near one of the nine hole courses north of 466 off Buena Vista. Where people do NOT climb over a double fenced area in order to hold their grandchildren up to pet them.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

For some positive news, went by the pond this afternoon and the white pelicans and a large duck flotilla were hanging out.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-15-2019, 02:19 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
For some positive news, went by the pond this afternoon and the white pelicans and a large duck flotilla were hanging out.

A Feathered Party!!!!

Old 03-15-2019, 04:01 PM

Check with Sumter County sheriff's department about the woman at Continental that use to feed the gators there a few years back. Note: Use to feed. Against the law to feed the wild life. Same problem as the buffalo, people feeding them and getting their hand bitten. I saw someone try and put his grand daughter on the back of a buffalo to get a picture. I do not know where these idiots come from. Then they want to sue The Villages for their stupidity

Last edited by 427dave; 03-16-2019 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Seoul, Sir. Thank you for your service sir.

However, I am not sad that big creature has been taken far away. If Larry were a big ole' mama bear, I would feel the same, and any snake. I love most animals and give them human traits. I HOPE they reciprocate and tell their friends.

Howsomever, Larry wasn't Bambi.

And the Buffalo still live in a field near one of the nine hole courses north of 466 off Buena Vista. Where people do NOT climb over a double fenced area in order to hold their grandchildren up to pet them.
Grace and I agree on something. Therefore, we are right.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
I can't believe some people are upset that a 11', 700 lb alligator was removed because he was becoming too comfortable around people. I would love to hear these same people's comments if he snatched one of their toy dogs or their grandchildren and walked away with them in his mouth.
Don't feed wild animals. The one time they come to you and you don't feed them, you might become the meal.
Well, bilcon, the majority of us that enjoy the native species are smart enough not to walk our "toy dogs" (whatever in the hell you determine that is) or our grandchildren around where we know a gator is going to be. We are the ones that usually don't feed the wild animals (that is more than likely done by the whining/crying type that got Larry removed) and we are usually the ones that quietly observe our native species without posting on social media every freaking move they make.

So yes, I got ****ed off when the losers in life whining crybabies couldn't keep their mouths shut and got something removed that I used to quietly enjoy watching when I had to go to Brownwood.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Well, bilcon, the majority of us that enjoy the native species are smart enough not to walk our "toy dogs" (whatever in the hell you determine that is) or our grandchildren around where we know a gator is going to be. We are the ones that usually don't feed the wild animals (that is more than likely done by the whining/crying type that got Larry removed) and we are usually the ones that quietly observe our native species without posting on social media every freaking move they make.

So yes, I got ****ed off when the losers in life whining crybabies couldn't keep their mouths shut and got something removed that I used to quietly enjoy watching when I had to go to Brownwood.
It'd only be quietly enjoyable until that gator ran out of vittles in his VERY limited pond, which is now surrounded by people - who walk around with small animals and grandchildren, or drive in open golf carts and sometimes stop on the road. A creature that enormous can't subsist on the very limited amount of -natural- food, in a heavily built-up area. These are not tamed animals, and they are not contained safely away from people.

This lizard is in a better place now, being looked after, given food and any medical attention it might need as it ages in life, a HUGE territory with lots of other alligators it can hang out with, AND in a place where anyone can enjoy the opportunity of watching it - and its companions, in a more natural setting than a man-made senior housing development with a few trees and retention ponds and pristine manicured lawns.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Did you ever notice a certain swagger, a comfortability that a Native Floridian has compared to a Transplanted Floridian when it comes to fishing or being around a body of water? It's almost like they have a built-in sensor for impending danger. I walk past a puddle in a parking lot and I cautiously thinking all the time about the dangers that are around us. It is not an unhealthy fear it is respect. Its because it's not built into my DNA like it is for others.

I believe that a person who is a former Law Enforcement Officer or did something like that for a living in some other part of our country who enjoys wildlife is more apt to use common sense and not walk his dog or take his grandchild or walk with his or her partner near any danger. A person who was a florist (just an example) may not possess the same or all the sensors that a person in a dangerous job their entire life possesses.

There is no way that Larry Baby would have hurt anyone. There will be another Larry in that pond shortly. Leave the beast alone and don't feed 'em. There are thousands of them around us at all times.

I doesn't matter what you think or what I think or type on this Forum Zippity Do Da is going to change. Marlin Perkins would be in tears over Poor Larry.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:11 PM
Sage

I just don't think he's "Poor Larry." I think he's in a much healthier environment - for Larry. I think it was Poor Larry when he was boxed in by development. I celebrate his move, for his own sake.
Closed Thread

Tags
larry, shut, gator, easy, relocated

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.