Larry the Gator is gone.

Larry the Gator is gone.

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 03-14-2019, 04:11 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
You whining crybabies finally got what you wished for; Larry the Gator was removed and taken to Gatorland in Orlando. Just couldn’t keep mouths shut, could you? I only wish it was just as easy to complain about y’all and get you relocated.

How about your learning to shut up and leave our native species alone for the rest of us to enjoy? 😡😡😡

Old 03-14-2019, 04:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Larry the Gator was removed and taken to Gatorland in Orlando. Larry the Gator is gone.Larry the Gator is gone.Larry the Gator is gone.

BUT WAS HE??????? That's what my mother said about my goldfish when I was 4. He went to the aquarium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2019, 05:26 PM

I will miss Larry and wish him well. When we had visitors who simply "MUST see an alligator while in Florida", Larry never let me down. I did not feed him, and am sorry he won't be here for perhaps selfish, personal reasons. Now if we could introduce him to the trouble makers who think they are divinely-appointed inspectors, -------------------------------- Oh, never mind, I have to go print more phony certificates for my phony comfort critter.
Larry
Old 03-14-2019, 05:37 PM

Default Larry

His removal was featured on Orlando TV news. With apologies to Joni Mitchell: "They took Larry Gator and put in a gator museum and charge all the people $50 just to see him."
Old 03-14-2019, 05:41 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post
I will miss Larry and wish him well. When we had visitors who simply "MUST see an alligator while in Florida", Larry never let me down. I did not feed him, and am sorry he won't be here for perhaps selfish, personal reasons. Now if we could introduce him to the trouble makers who think they are divinely-appointed inspectors, -------------------------------- Oh, never mind, I have to go print more phony certificates for my phony comfort critter.
If only you had thought to make a phony comfort animal vest for Larry to wear, you might still have him around.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:12 PM
Sage

I don't miss him. His persona didn't reach out to me. I don't miss the buffalo either.

To each their own.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:38 PM

Larry the Alligator Relocated to Gatorland! - YouTube

Steve
Old 03-14-2019, 07:51 PM
Veteran member

Lucky Larry... Moved to a bigger lake. Better food. Lady gators galore.
If it wasn't for his notoriety he would have been eventually removed and killed, like the rest his size.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblwyr View Post
Moving a wild animal to a sanctuary safe for both animal and humans is a good thing. While many have affections for Larry the alligator, it is important to remember that alligators are exquisite predators and deserve not to commingle with humans and small animals. Do some research in Sanible Island if you want to know how to bring people to their senses and respect these animals.
Fear will get you every time......the only instances of issues here is when people walk their small pets along the ponds. Where humans become an issue with any wildlife is when they feed them...bird feeders, bread for the ducks and meat for the gators or when they put them in a defensive position trying to get that one picture. Then we blame the wild animals because none of this could be our fault. We can coexist with nature, but our behavior makes it difficult.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-14-2019, 08:46 PM
Sage

With the speed that The Villages is expanding, Larry will be back in TV soon!

Tags
larry, shut, gator, easy, relocated