Las Vegas Police Officers

Closed Thread
Old 10-09-2017, 07:58 AM
Gold member
Default Las Vegas Police Officers

Last night on Sixty Minutes they featured four of the five police officers who were first on the scene on the 32nd floor outside the Las Vegas mass murderer's hotel room. This is riveting stuff and I recommend everyone see this, if you have "on-demand" on your TV. These five guys were responding to the shooting separately, and got together on their own, without supervision, to confront the situation. One was a SWAT officer, two were K-9 officers, one was a detective, and I don't know the role of the fifth officer, who did not appear on-screen. Remarkably, they were in the hallway outside the hotel room twelve minutes after the first shot. After listening to their stories, I was never prouder to be an American. These guys are true heroes, risking their lives in service to others. Sixty Minutes interviewed the sheriff, who said his officers are trained to perform in this type of high risk situation, without waiting for a supervisor to direct them. Very impressive.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
Last night on Sixty Minutes they featured four of the five police officers who were first on the scene on the 32nd floor outside the Las Vegas mass murderer's hotel room. This is riveting stuff and I recommend everyone see this, if you have "on-demand" on your TV. These five guys were responding to the shooting separately, and got together on their own, without supervision, to confront the situation. One was a SWAT officer, two were K-9 officers, one was a detective, and I don't know the role of the fifth officer, who did not appear on-screen. Remarkably, they were in the hallway outside the hotel room twelve minutes after the first shot. After listening to their stories, I was never prouder to be an American. These guys are true heroes, risking their lives in service to others. Sixty Minutes interviewed the sheriff, who said his officers are trained to perform in this type of high risk situation, without waiting for a supervisor to direct them. Very impressive.
You should be able to see it on your computer as well. Just Google 60 Minutes and Las Vegas shooting.

Officers describe body of Las Vegas shooter - Videos - CBS News
Old 10-09-2017, 08:37 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Old 10-09-2017, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Admirable men. Most LEO's are. They were stellar.

Tags
officers, minutes, room, hotel, situation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.