Last home in Fenney

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2019, 08:26 PM
Veteran member
Default Last home in Fenney

Just noticed they are down to the last new home for sale in Fenney. There were 3 a week ago. Discounted about 6%. Ugly counters and cabinets are the issue if you ask me..... Desoto has some courtyard villas that are discounted also.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 07-17-2019, 09:02 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,008 Times in 1,736 Posts

Well, I looked at the house on the internet and it’s a little different. It looks pale forest green with marble type counters, not the quartz or granite pattern of most TV homes. Also stainless steel appliances. This is what I have in my north kitchen but against white cabinets where the marble is striking. It doesn't go so well with the green. This is the modern style commonly found up north but the colors are off a bit. Also pale green and the grey of stainless steel... But the layout looks solid, and all that fencing great for a slightly color blind dog owner....
Old 07-18-2019, 05:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Well, I looked at the house on the internet and it’s a little different. It looks pale forest green with marble type counters, not the quartz or granite pattern of most TV homes. Also stainless steel appliances. This is what I have in my north kitchen but against white cabinets where the marble is striking. It doesn't go so well with the green. This is the modern style commonly found up north but the colors are off a bit. Also pale green and the grey of stainless steel... But the layout looks solid, and all that fencing great for a slightly color blind dog owner....

Old 07-18-2019, 06:22 AM
Gold member

And I do not understand why they built the sink into the kitchen counter facing into dining/living area. I do not want to have a bunch of dirty dishes front and center when entertaining!
Old 07-18-2019, 06:54 AM

Watching the home sales here in TV has become a hobby of mine. I have noticed the number of resale inventory north of Brownwood is very low. On the other hand Fenney has quite a few resale homes available. Maybe the pioneers love the area and are moving into the newer villages.
Just my observation. Your thoughts?
Old 07-18-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCsun View Post
Watching the home sales here in TV has become a hobby of mine. I have noticed the number of resale inventory north of Brownwood is very low. On the other hand Fenney has quite a few resale homes available. Maybe the pioneers love the area and are moving into the newer villages.

You could also consider that those pioneers have houses that have appreciated in value to let them build/purchase a larger home in an adjoining village.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2019, 07:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCsun View Post
Just a thought, once people have purchased in Fenney and they’ve discovered a lack of restaurants, distance to town squares, quarry blasting, PA system from the prison, they realize they’ve made a mistake? Something to think about.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:37 AM
Platinum member

Or maybe the pioneers are moving north—hence the low inventory north of Brownwood.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:42 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,518 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-flat View Post
Just a thought, once people have purchased in Fenney and they’ve discovered a lack of restaurants, distance to town squares, quarry blasting, PA system from the prison, they realize they’ve made a mistake? Something to think about.
This is pretty much the normal cycle for every area. After the first year of ownership the resale clause in the purchase agreement expires and a percentage sell their homes for any number of reasons - too big, too small, impulse buy, miss the family, not for them, found a better lot, death of spouse (happens more than you think), etc. I don't believe it is a reflection on the items you list, it's just a part of the cycle.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 07-18-2019, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Old 07-18-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeg180 View Post
You could also consider that those pioneers have houses that have appreciated in value to let them build/purchase a larger home in an adjoining village.

Do you live south of 44?
I do
We have yet to feel a blast or hear a PA from the Prison. As for the restaurants none issue for us. And before we hear about not having a championship golf course, could care less.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
This is pretty much the normal cycle for every area. After the first year of ownership the resale clause in the purchase agreement expires and a percentage sell their homes for any number of reasons - too big, too small, impulse buy, miss the family, not for them, found a better lot, death of spouse (happens more than you think), etc. I don't believe it is a reflection on the items you list, it's just a part of the cycle.
Thanks for your input I have to think based on the videos you’ve produced and the knowledge you have about TV it makes sense.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:45 AM
Sage
Default “Ugly” home view

Where do we view this home that hasn’t been designed so well?
Old 07-18-2019, 08:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
I thought the Fenney bashing had stopped, guess I was wrong.

Tags
discounted, fenney, home, ago, desoto

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.