Late Evening Loud Music

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2007, 05:40 PM
Founder
Default Re: Late Evening Loud Music

The train runs the entire length of the west side of the Villages. The farther east you are, the less you hear it. When you are outside, you can hear it everywhere but it is not as bothersome as when it is in your back yard.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:52 PM

Thanks, we'll check it out. My husband says he has heard it when we were staying in a villa on our last trip but didn't pay too much attention to it. I don't know where TV is putting us when we come at the end of the month but I'll be listening for that whistle. I'm sorry to hear you have that problem. I know I wouldn't be happy about that and also wouldn't be able to turn around and sell and rebuy.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:42 PM

not being told about a pre-existing active train track is major but being misled about where golf cart entry trails, pools, restaurants etc will be built in one's neighborhood seems to be fairly common.
future building plans in tv are always kept secret til well inderway. i note many tv'ers relocate within tv after their first few years.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:26 PM

I feel your pain. A train that close would drive me to well something. While searching for a home we found several in the village of Sunset Pointe. An outside agent told us that we did not want to be there because of odors that come from a sewage plant or something that was close by. Don't know the validity of the agents statement, however BUYER BEWARE. Maybe this will help someone.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Veteran member

I love the Villages but I also know that the developer could care less about how we feel once we have signed on the dotted line. Full disclosure....not gonna happen in the Villages. I could write a book about the things that were not mentioned to us before closing. Sometimes I could shout and scream in frustration because of how we were NOT told everything. No one lied to us, they simply didn't tell us everything.

I never knew that after one year I would be responsible for repair of the Villa walls that surround our property line. I never have understood the bond. I don't get how they could tell us our amenities were frozen at the rate when we moved in and then 11 months later we got an increase. We have gotten an increase every year we have lived here.

Home owners have NO SAY in anything that happens here. If you try to get an issue addressed at a VHA meeting, they stop taking questions and close the meeting.

This is NOT a gated community. We cannot deny access to ANYONE who wants to come into the Villages. The roads are state roads and you cannot deny access to the public thus, NO GATED community!

All that being said, I love this lifestyle so much that I wouldn't ever leave. Just want to say caveat emptor...let the buyer beward. 'nuf said.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Are we done raggin on the guy that doesn't like music?
Old 08-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Veteran member

Hey Golfnut, I like your cart.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

I just detailed my cart...Bought the colored tape..It looks cool

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 08-09-2007, 07:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Need to see a picture Donna.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704
I know that the FL Legislature enacted a Law involving loud music ( if you care to call it that) that blasts out of autombiles. I am wondering if these same anti-noise rules apply to music now being played past 9 PM from Sumter Landing? Use to be that with the right conditions (wind direction, etc) I could hear music from Spanish Springs and Sumter landing up until 9PM. I live more than 1 mile away from Sumter Landing and on some nights can hear the music and drums way past 9PM. What has happened that allows this kind of loud music? Is this exempt from the anti-noise pollution laws? I thought this was a retirement community and not Disney's Pleasure Island.
Seems to me you are fortunate to hear the music and be more than a mile away. Some people have to pay to get up close...
Old 06-04-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
I have actually had people tell me they like the trains. Reminds them of home or there childhood.

I find that 3 to 4 Vodkas eliminates the annoyance.

LOL!!
Old 06-04-2008, 10:37 PM

Hancle,

I love the Chieftains. I hope that when I visit in July, you have it blasting.
New Jersey
Old 06-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Gold member

Many people often have no clue how far sound travels, maybe because we often relate it to conversation where we have to be reasonably close to the person talking to hear and understand. In NY the back of our house faces the Shawangunk Ridge, through which there's a pass on which the state highway was built. As the crow flies (we don't, however, fly like a crow...) we could be as far as two miles from the opening of the pass on our side of the ridge. However, on a quiet summer's night, when we sit out on our deck facing in that direction, we can hear the sound of tractor trailers coming through that pass! It's not loud or obtrusive, at least from this distance, but we can definitely hear it.

Being close to LSL or SS kind of invites hearing the sounds from there, whether canned music or entertainment or whatever, and as mentioned earlier, wind can carry the sound even further. And if that's true for supposedly pleasant sounds like the music, it's true for sure for the trains. We're in Belvedere, with only one street behind us and then the preserve that marks the end of TV, so we're relatively close to the train. To us it is a pleasant sound, but again this is 'in the ear of the beholder.' What makes it harder is that the tracks are outside TV and the number of trains is increasing (and likely to increase more with the increasing cost of truck transport...). Geez, I have no idea for a solution!
Old 06-04-2008, 11:14 PM
Sage

Hahaha Hey Golfnut! Does it seem like this thread's been hijacked? LOL :joke:
Old 06-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

I hate when peeps hijack threads....The Villages Florida,,,,The Villages Florida

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.