Late Evening Loud Music

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2008, 01:07 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Late Evening Loud Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704
I know that the FL Legislature enacted a Law involving loud music ( if you care to call it that) that blasts out of autombiles. I am wondering if these same anti-noise rules apply to music now being played past 9 PM from Sumter Landing? Use to be that with the right conditions (wind direction, etc) I could hear music from Spanish Springs and Sumter landing up until 9PM. I live more than 1 mile away from Sumter Landing and on some nights can hear the music and drums way past 9PM. What has happened that allows this kind of loud music? Is this exempt from the anti-noise pollution laws? I thought this was a retirement community and not Disney's Pleasure Island.
Back to the topic of this thread...
Hancle, I understood that the music in the squares was supposed to close down at 9PM. Is this true? It may be worthwhile to contact the Recreation powers that be, confirm the entertainment "quiet time" and report the entertainers that don't abide by the rules. I'll bet some consistent monitoring and reporting will achieve compliance. But that is difficut because the wind isn't always from the same direction blowin' the sounds toward you.
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Old 06-05-2008, 10:00 PM

Keep the music coming. My biggest disappointment here is that everybody is in bed by 9:00pm and everything is closed. I thought I was moving into an active retirement community and not a cemetery. Last New Year's Eve they rolled up the sidewalks at 9:00pm. Hope you got a good nights sleep. Katie Belle's had a private party so we couldn't even go there. Let's party.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host
The train is about 400 yards behind our house. We can read the wording on the side of the cars when it passes. None of our neighbors were told about the train either. Several have moved, several cannot sell their house. One lady has had to seek professional help from a psychologist to deal with the way the train affects her. She cannot sell her house because of the noise. Some people down the street had their house up for sale for almost a year with no success, then took it off the market. Last night about 3:30 the train passed and sounded his horn 32 times. The train actually creates little ripples in our pool when it passes.

It is nice for people who don't have this problem to minimize it. I don't find it soothing or pleasant. It is pretty clear to me that the Villages will so, say, or not say anything in order to sell property here.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:18 AM
Veteran member

The record about the trains is broken no it is smashed it won't play anymore.Buyer be wear no matter what you buy or do,it is to bad it happened I've been there cut your loss and move on, but don't ruin your own website with this old story. Sorry if I offend you but this is the truth.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:00 AM

I really believe that the music stops at Spanish Springs and Lake Sumter Landing at 9. There was a D J that was very loud in Walmarts Parking lot a couple of nights ago.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxana
Keep the music coming. My biggest disappointment here is that everybody is in bed by 9:00pm and everything is closed. I thought I was moving into an active retirement community and not a cemetery. Last New Year's Eve they rolled up the sidewalks at 9:00pm. Hope you got a good nights sleep. Katie Belle's had a private party so we couldn't even go there. Let's party.

I am laughing, but I agree.

Our daughter is here to help us settle into our new house. Her long time good friend and college roommate is also here in her mothers house. Last night they went out on the town, I didn't say a word.

My daughter arrived home at 9:30, incredulous. She said that even ten would have been better. Also that we are retired, not dead. ;D
Old 06-09-2008, 02:15 PM

Man, I hope noone gets mad at me when I finally get there, and have our Harley partys a couple of times amonth, usually about 20 Harleys or so. You know Bikes, Kegs of beer and Rock Music, usually goes all night and may go on for days.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUC
Man, I hope noone gets mad at me when I finally get there, and have our Harley partys a couple of times amonth, usually about 20 Harleys or so. You know Bikes, Kegs of beer and Rock Music, usually goes all night and may go on for days.
Just make sure you publish your address and invite all the members of TOTV. :yikes:
Old 06-09-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUC
Hey I played in a band for a 3-day long biker party about 25 years ago and saw things that still wake me in a cold sweat. Therapy has helped a lot and I only need to see the doc once a week now. By the way, LOL!

"Pros play until they can't get it wrong."
"Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of a bagpipe."-- Lee Trevino
Old 06-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Jan
It sounds like you "live" the I LOVE LUCY Episode when they were travelling to california and stopped along the road for a restful night....and then the trains come by. Everytime I see that it cracks me up but I sure would not want to live it every day and night.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:46 AM

I'm just kidding around, my wife would never let me buy a harley, and besides I wouldn't know how to start one, but I do look forward partying with ya'all when we get there. Vodka & 7 up w/ a slice of lime. If you please.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Sage

Oh-Oh! I've been known to play my smooth jazz pretty loud - better turn it off at 9PM sharp. I get up at 5 to work or play golf anyway.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.