Latest On IRS Bond Issue

Closed Thread
Old 12-09-2012, 05:22 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Latest On IRS Bond Issue

I know how some of you feel toward Lauren Ritchie. However she just posted Part One of a Two Part Article on the latest findings by the IRS. All I will say is it is not very flattering concerning the Developer's tactics and goals and that it is not very promising. I had read her account at 5:00AM this morning and wished I stayed in bed. Ritchie does reinforce my understanding of this entire situation
Old 12-09-2012, 05:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I know how some of you feel toward Lauren Ritchie. However she just posted Part One of a Two Part Article on the latest findings by the IRS. All I will say is it is not very flattering concerning the Developer's tactics and goals and that it is not very promising. I had read her account at 5:00AM this morning and wished I stayed in bed. Ritchie does reinforce my understanding of this entire situation
Could you post a link to this article please.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 12-09-2012, 06:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Here it is. Please check out the coulds, mights and mays

IRS Villages: IRS preliminary ruling — Villages government not legitimate under tax codes - OrlandoSentinel.com
Old 12-09-2012, 07:04 AM

So who represents the Residents interest in this issue?
Old 12-09-2012, 08:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Well, according to the article the Villages center district has spent $644,672 (of the resident's money) fighting the IRS. They are representing the district's interest, which differs from the resident's interests. The POA keeps us on our toes communication wise, but I don't think they have the financial ability to represent us legally. So it appears no one is representing the resident's interest, legally at least. I presume if the ruling went against the district, and monies would have to be paid out out of district funds (money that came from the residents), that the resident's would have to file another class action lawsuit like they did back in 2008 to regain the money that would be rightfully theirs.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:14 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2travel View Post
So who represents the Residents interest in this issue?
In my view no one and I issued an admonishion along those lines approximately five years ago

I opine others can decide.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
Well, according to the article the Villages center district has spent $644,672 (of the resident's money) fighting the IRS. They are representing the district's interest, which differs from the resident's interests. The POA keeps us on our toes communication wise, but I don't think they have the financial ability to represent us legally. So it appears no one is representing the resident's interest, legally at least. I presume if the ruling went against the district, and monies would have to be paid out out of district funds (money that came from the residents), that the resident's would have to file another class action lawsuit like they did back in 2008 to regain the money that would be rightfully theirs.
Money that would be rightfully theirs? I will link again to that lawsuit that you keep bringing up. Read this again please.

Villages developer to pay $40 million for recreation upgrades to settle a lawsuit - Orlando Sentinel

ANYONE CAN SUE ANYONE. As a result of this LAWSUIT some individuals who live here apparently got a LOT of money.

Elaine Driedame is the president of the POA.

The developers maintain the areas and create beautiful new ones that I see south of 466 without anyone sueing them. I often wonder about that lawsuit.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Sage

Those who think impending doom is approaching via this IRS ruling should sell now and get out.

There are many of us who have gambled the big hunk of change for our homes here who have evaluated the issue and think that we are safe from any unexpected bills.

If we stay it will be handled by someone other than us, we don't vote here. If we go we can move to another place and find issues there to worry about.

AND I am NOT stupid, uninformed or do I drink alcohol or take drugs. I have had LOTS of awful things happen to me just like anyone else. I am not unrealistic or in anyway being remimbursed for the things that I write on here.

WHY can't I be allowed to be optimistic?

I am a Republican and a Catholic. I have never been in trouble with the law except for two speeding tickets in my life. Nor has my family. I have paid taxes every year for as long as I have worked and that is about fifty years taking time off to raise our girls. We have a good credit rating and we bathe regularly.

SHEESH.

bump
Old 12-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Sage

Center district funds come from the MERCHANTS not the residents.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Money that would be rightfully theirs? I will link again to that lawsuit that you keep bringing up. Read this again please.

Villages developer to pay $40 million for recreation upgrades to settle a lawsuit - Orlando Sentinel

ANYONE CAN SUE ANYONE. As a result of this LAWSUIT some individuals who live here apparently got a LOT of money.

Elaine Driedame is the president of the POA.

They maintain the areas and create beautiful new ones that I see south of 466 without anyone sueing them. I often wonder about that lawsuit.
I fail to see why you are so threatened by the lawsuit from 2008. You seem to take all of this so personally. But to recap, money was supposed to be set aside to maintain facilities in The Villages, money was not set aside, the residents sued (out of necessity since the developer wouldn't budge), and the courts sided with the residents. The legal team who happened to be Villages residents was the only team the residents could find who would "go up against the system" in a state where the Developer has traded money for political influence in local governments all the way up to statewide and federal levels. How fortunate the Villages residents were to have this legal team willing to fight for them. And how fortunate the courts recognized that the developer was operating illegally. As a result, we residents are now enjoying the fruits of that lawsuit such as the newly paved recreational trails on the north side of 466, and other improvements, improvements that are paid for by our money that we had to sue to get.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
I fail to see why you are so threatened by the lawsuit from 2008. You seem to take all of this so personally. But to recap, money was supposed to be set aside to maintain facilities in The Villages, money was not set aside, the residents sued (out of necessity since the developer wouldn't budge), and the courts sided with the residents. The legal team who happened to be Villages residents was the only team the residents could find who would "go up against the system" in a state where the Developer has traded money for political influence in local governments all the way up to statewide and federal levels. How fortunate the Villages residents were to have this legal team willing to fight for them. And how fortunate the courts recognized that the developer was operating illegally. As a result, we residents are now enjoying the fruits of that lawsuit such as the newly paved recreational trails on the north side of 466, and other improvements, improvements that are paid for by our money that we had to sue to get.
I am not the one bringing up the lawsuit. YOU are.

I do not see that at all when I read what happened.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Sage

[QUOTE=graciegirl;591680]Those who think impending doom is approaching via this IRS ruling should sell now and get out.

There are many of us who have gambled the big hunk of change for our homes here who have evaluated the issue and think that we are safe from any unexpected bills.

If we stay it will be handled by someone other than us, we don't vote here. If we go we can move to another place and find issues there to worry about.

AND I am NOT stupid, uninformed or do I drink alcohol or take drugs. I have had LOTS of awful things happen to me just like anyone else. I am not unrealistic or in anyway being remimbursed for the things that I write on here.

WHY can't I be allowed to be optimistic?

I am a Republican and a Catholic. I have never been in trouble with the law except for two speeding tickets in my life. Nor has my family. I have paid taxes every year for as long as I have worked and that is about fifty years taking time off to raise our girls. We have a good credit rating and we bathe regularly.

SHEESH.

bump
Old 12-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Gold member

The residents of TV have absolutely no interest in this dispute in spite of what Ms. Ritchie would like you to believe.

You have a simple and straightforward contract with the special district (VCCDD north of 466 or SLCDD south of 466). You are obligated to pay a monthly amenity fee that can never be increased annually by more than the consumer price index and that special district is obligated to maintain the amenities in a usual and customary manor.

If for any reason either of the special districts were to fail to maintain the amenities properly, then another class action suit would be brought against them just as it was a few years ago which resulted in a settlement in favor of the residents.

But before any of you take too much stock in Ms. Ritchie’s ramblings, here is a post made by her in TOTV regarding her feelings about Community Development Districts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Ritchie View Post
ed,

i realize you meant this to be a witty stab, but as you may or may not know, arlington ridge's CDD has raided its reserve fund to avoid default on its bonds. just another fine example of why i think CDDs are a ripoff to the buyer. don't worry, my friend. you won't catch me buying a home in a community with a CDD.

lauren
Remember too that until I corrected her in another post, she couldn’t even spell amenities.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdV View Post
The residents of TV have absolutely no interest in this dispute in spite of what Ms. Ritchie would like you to believe.

You have a simple and straightforward contract with the special district (VCCDD north of 466 or SLCDD south of 466). You are obligated to pay a monthly amenity fee that can never be increased annually by more than the consumer price index and that special district is obligated to maintain the amenities in a usual and customary manor.

If for any reason either of the special districts were to fail to maintain the amenities properly, then another class action suit would be brought against them just as it was a few years ago which resulted in a settlement in favor of the residents.

But before any of you take too much stock in Ms. Ritchie’s ramblings, here is a post made by her in TOTV regarding her feelings about Community Development Districts:

Remember too that until I corrected her in another post, she couldn’t even spell amenities.
Thanks Ed.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Talking Apalled

GG, ahhhh, the truth finally comes out...........2 speeding tickets.....shame on you.....hang your head in shame.......say 10 Hail Marys and go to bed without your supper..

Just havin fun with you...you're still #1

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.