Laundry tub, how important is it to YOU?

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We have had one in our laundry room for the past 10 years. At first I thought a terrible waste but now I couldn't live without it. It is a bath for our dog, a wash for golf clubs and shoes, large kitchen pans and many more things. My secret to loving it? I made a cute gathered skirt to match the curtain in my utility room. It makes me smile everytime I see it...reminds me of my Grandmothers bathroom sink, back in days long ago.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:37 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
We have had one in our laundry room for the past 10 years. At first I thought a terrible waste but now I couldn't live without it. It is a bath for our dog, a wash for golf clubs and shoes, large kitchen pans and many more things. My secret to loving it? I made a cute gathered skirt to match the curtain in my utility room. It makes me smile everytime I see it...reminds me of my Grandmothers bathroom sink, back in days long ago.
Oh how nice to remember your grandmother with a beauiful skirt. That's the way to do it!!
Old 07-15-2012, 09:01 PM

Missypie, if a Refrigerator is more important to you I would go that route.

Personally, I just finished a laundry room remodel for our home here that we are hopeing to sell, so we can move to TV. We went from a small utility sink to a double one, as we have 2 large dogs that shed on everything, and I run the new super capacity lg washer into it, and it strains out all the dog hair, which keeps me from having back ups, and plumber calls.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
ok asked my husband he uses our for cleaning his clubs golf shoes and washing up before he comes in the house...WHO KNEW
That is exactly our plan ... we move in 2 weeks from now.

Why not put the small fridge in the garage and save the "moving" cost? We have had a garage fridge for, uhm, I dunno, maybe 15 yrs and love the extra space for beverages and "stock up" items.
Don & Kaz
Old 07-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom

I scrub mine out well and use it to defrost a big turkey by immersing it in cold water.

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!
Old 07-15-2012, 11:22 PM
Platinum member

Mine is inside and i use it to bathe the dog, mopping and various other things. I did buy the largest shelf I could find to fit over the sink when not in use. I can use that to fold laundry, etc. I put bumpers on the underside of each corner to keep the shelf from falling into the sink.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Use mine almost every day

We use ours almost every day. Clean golf clubs, clean off golf shoes, clean sneakers. I'm a gardener so use it for cleaning tools and hands etc. I also use it to clean large pans after I have cooked. It is big enough to hold a huge electric frying pan which I use outside, and also a slow cooker which I also use outside; and we used to bathe the dog in it.

To me they are invaluable! Just my opinion of course.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-16-2012, 07:32 AM
Veteran member
Default In garage

Wish ours was in the garage. A small freezer would fit in the space. I think I will try to move it to the garage, but the plumbing will be quite a challange. If I was building again, I would put it in the garage if they allow it.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:51 AM
Gold member

Ok got great ideas here. So I guess in our iris we will have an additional cabinet built in and also add the second fridge in there. Then put the laundry tub in the garage. I will have to ask the design team for the best spot to put it in.

Thanks for the ideas and photos.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:01 AM
Sage

Ours is in the garage already (patio villa) but we kinda wish it was in a different location. It's currently along one wall of the garage, right next to where the hot water heater and air handler sit. If it was back in the corner by the garage door (would be more "out of the way" then), it would give us a little bit more room on that wall for the golf cart or whatever.

So if you're going to relocate your sink to the garage - or are planning it for the garage in a new build - you'll probably want to give some consideration to what would be most beneficial location for you.

Bill
Old 07-16-2012, 08:26 AM
Sage

I was thinking to put it in the garage near the door into the house,

then double stack the W/D that should leave about 6' in the laundry room to build storage for brooms/vacuum & mops and an iron board shelves or added pantry space.

The Villages Florida
Old 07-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC1947 View Post
It's a perfect size for cooling off my wert when I brew beer.
Wert's a wert?

Anyway, maybe we should start a thread about all the uses for a laundry sink.

I scrub mine out real good, fill it with cold water, and immerse my Thanksgiving turkey to defrost it.

Joanie's mom
So happy to be here!
Old 07-16-2012, 10:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Laundry Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
I was thinking to put it in the garage near the door into the house,

then double stack the W/D that should leave about 6' in the laundry room to build storage for brooms/vacuum & mops and an iron board shelves or added pantry space.

The Villages Florida
OMG - a laundry room to die for ............................

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-16-2012, 11:17 AM

That is probably the prettiest laundry room I have ever seen!

However, the folding table would be too small for me to fold fitted sheets, etc. I would die for an ironing board. Where do you hang garments that come out of the dryer and don't need ironed or those you just ironed? I don't see any of the various bottles of laundry potions I seem to accumulate and never fit in my shleves becaule they ar too tall! How do you reach those shelves at the top? I'll bet you put something up there and it stays for 15 years. I know because I just cleaned my kitchen preparatory to moving. Are those towels or sheets in the cupboards? Is the laundry a good place to store them? I don't see anything in the picture that indicates storage for brooms or vacuums or brooms/mops. One last thought, what if your washing machine breaks? I'll leave it there. I hope this photo was just an idea to kick around for maybe color or arrangement or style of cabinet.

I am just trying to play devil's advocate here. I hope you don't think I'm just playing devil. Personally when I'm making decisions like this, I'd sure like to find these things out before I make the decision than after. I hope you feel the same. Best wishes on your decision, whatever you choose.

Joanie's mom
So happy to be here!
Old 07-16-2012, 11:24 AM

We are thinking tub in garage and wine ref in laundry room! Come on by!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.