Lawn ornament trolls

Closed Thread
Old 02-02-2019, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
I just received my paperwork today, did not have to sign the restriction paperwork, not sure if you have to sign it at the closing. It clearly says lawn ornaments and not yard ornaments which means nothing on the grass. As far as where the bushes and mulch are is not lawn as there is no grass.
Good luck with your misguided logic!
Old 02-02-2019, 11:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagjr1 View Post
?? It is just what I read.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:14 AM

Many people turn the focus on the persons who report violations. The violator (not the reporter) creates a potential problem when he violates the rules.

Narcissists blame others, as well as feel a highly increased sense of entitlement, i.e. "I am entitled to put up a lawn ornament, and if I get caught, you are to blame for turning me in".

Violators might want to consider that they are to blame. They agree to follow the rules when they buy. Then they decide to ignore them. So who is really to blame when one "gets caught"? Could it be the one who feels "entitled" to do as he pleases?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
So it wasn't even the people IN the neighborhood doing the complaining? Wow. That's pretty pathetic. If their lives are so miserable that they have to create problems where none exist, then they need to just find a nice cave to move into, where nothing can bother them ever again.

I get that rules are rules. I also get that this seems to be a 'if it ain't broke, don't whine about it' situation, where minor infractions are overlooked as long as the neighborhood is okay with it and no one complains. If it gets to be more than a minor infraction, or becomes more prevalent in the neighborhood, someone will complain, and it'll be dealt with then. But there's no reason to go to other parts of The Villages just so you can point out what's wrong with THOSE houses THERE - unless you just really get a sick twisted kind of kick out of minding everyone else's business.

Last edited by roob1; 02-03-2019 at 06:34 AM.
Old 02-03-2019, 07:18 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
?? It is just what I read.
We see many beautiful yard decorations everywhere we go. I am not saying that you are right or wrong about this but I think it would be worth a call to Community standards to clarify.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,599 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagjr1 View Post
It doesn't sound misguided to me. The Pine Ridge document says lawn ornaments are prohibited, but it doesn't say anything about yard ornaments.
Old 02-03-2019, 09:23 AM
Sage

If you can see it and it's not a typical holiday decoration, you've violated the spirit of the rule. The second grade responses on here amaze me.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:39 AM
Sage

I think that people just have different opinions. And, the deed restriction document is extremely vague and inadequate regarding "ornaments". It is even more inadequate in addressing noise violations, which are more important to me.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:28 AM
Veteran member

Someone turned me in for leaving a plain orange plastic pumpkin over my lamppost light for months. I thought it was cute and helped identify my house at night.

The Community Standards person came by twice and left a notice of violation, which I ignored. The third time I was home and showed him my deed restriction, which did not specifically prohibit it. He claimed there was a Villages-wide "matrix" that applied to everyone. Sir, you are incorrect.

I had to call Community Standards twice, but victory was ultimately mine. I left the thing up for another year or so until I moved.*

* Out of the historic district.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I think that people just have different opinions. And, the deed restriction document is extremely vague and inadequate regarding "ornaments". It is even more inadequate in addressing noise violations, which are more important to me.
Isn't noise a county thing?
Old 02-03-2019, 11:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
Someone turned me in for leaving a plain orange plastic pumpkin over my lamppost light for months. I thought it was cute and helped identify my house at night.

The Community Standards person came by twice and left a notice of violation, which I ignored. The third time I was home and showed him my deed restriction, which did not specifically prohibit it. He claimed there was a Villages-wide "matrix" that applied to everyone. Sir, you are incorrect.

I had to call Community Standards twice, but victory was ultimately mine. I left the thing up for another year or so until I moved.*

* Out of the historic district.
Was it plain or have a face? A face would be considered a seasonal Halloween decoration. A truly plain one would be a tough call.The Villages Florida

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2019, 01:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Isn't noise a county thing?
My deed restriction document says that sounds must be kept at a "moderate" level from 10 pm until 1 hour before daylight. I'm sure that everyone else must know what a moderate level is. But, I don't.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
My deed restriction document says that sounds must be kept at a "moderate" level from 10 pm until 1 hour before daylight. I'm sure that everyone else must know what a moderate level is. But, I don't.
Since normal conversation is 60db and shouting in ones ear is 110db I would assume moderate would be closer to normal conversation.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-03-2019, 01:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
It doesn't sound misguided to me. The Pine Ridge document says lawn ornaments are prohibited, but it doesn't say anything about yard ornaments.
Depending on your neighbors you might be afforded the opportunity to test the restrictions.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-03-2019, 01:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
Many people turn the focus on the persons who report violations. The violator (not the reporter) creates a potential problem when he violates the rules.

Narcissists blame others, as well as feel a highly increased sense of entitlement, i.e. "I am entitled to put up a lawn ornament, and if I get caught, you are to blame for turning me in".

Violators might want to consider that they are to blame. They agree to follow the rules when they buy. Then they decide to ignore them. So who is really to blame when one "gets caught"? Could it be the one who feels "entitled" to do as he pleases?
One is not "getting caught" doing something sneaky, if the thing they're doing is in plain sight and they're not trying to hide it. If the concensus of the neighborhood is "this is cute, we're okay with it, we have no problem with it, and it's acceptable" then who are you, who lives in a whole other neighborhood, to come to their neighborhood just so that you have an excuse to "turn them in?" You don't live there, it's none of your business.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Depending on your neighbors you might be afforded the opportunity to test the restrictions.
This, exactly.

If the neighbors don't have a problem with it, then it's not a problem.
Closed Thread

Tags
restrictions, eves, deed, district, trolls

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.