Originally Posted by Happydaz View Post
I want the last word.

You must be a married person...
Old 02-09-2019, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
If they see lawn ornaments they might be seeing them in areas of the Villages that ALLOW them. Some areas do allow them afterall. Also as I've said, there's been lawn ornaments in spots throughout the Villages, in areas that don't allow them. And - those are actually homes for sale, on the official Villages Homefinder page. So even The Villages, corporation, has no problem with these decorative touches and uses them to sell homes on their website.

This is why it's a problem. The restrictions aren't the same from one section to the next, and even the restrictions in one spot, aren't enforced universally within that section. It's only enforced if someone complains. If no one is complaining, AND if no one is enforcing the rule even without a complaint, then the rule is no longer valid and should be replaced or reworded.

It seems pretty clear to me, based on this one thread alone, that the current deed restrictions would benefit from revisiting by the boards of whatever is in charge of making them.
Not sure you would be happy here.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Don't understand nonsense comment. Person buys property knowing existing restrictions. If they don't it is ,by definition, their fault, as they are of public record. Someone alerts enforcement authority of a possible violation. Authority investigates and if appropriate begins action to eliminate violation. What is the nonsense?
My nonsense comment was about trolls coming to other neighborhoods to make multiple complaints against other villagers for revenge for them being disciplined.
My only point is maybe that neighborhood is in agreement with the way there yards have lawn ornaments and like it.
But a troll feels a right to come to other neighborhoods to get everyone to follow the rules so there is NO SELECTIVE enforcement.
Is that enough NONSENSE for you!
Old 02-09-2019, 08:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
You must be a married person...
I always get the last two words in my HOUSE!
"I'm Sorry"
God i crack myself up. lol
Old 02-09-2019, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
I always get the last two words in my HOUSE!
"I'm Sorry"
God i crack myself up. lol
You have a good heart, fellow!
Old 02-09-2019, 09:32 AM
Veteran member

Last word
Old 02-09-2019, 11:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You have a good heart, fellow!
LOL

Maybe but as the old saying goes fight the fights you can will.
"Yes Dear" LMAO
Old 02-09-2019, 12:27 PM
Veteran member

Last
Old 02-09-2019, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Not sure you would be happy here.
Consider your signature line quotes. Apply them to yourself.

Transparency and truth. That's really what this thread is about; the designation (or lack thereof) of transparency and truth.

Truth: There are rules.
Also truth: they are not evenly enforced.
Also truth: rules are often broken, not always intentionally.
Also truth: some peoples' rule-breaks are overlooked for years. Others are addressed immediately, and still others are only addressed if someone complains.

Summary: All of the above, combined, makes for confusion, frustration, and exasperation from the people breaking the rules, the people not breaking them, the people complaining about the breaking, the people complaining about the complainers.

Result: the rules would probably be of more benefit to all, if they were re-visited, made less vague, and better-defined. And then - more evenly enforced.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:33 PM
Sage

Quote:

Transparency and truth. That's really what this thread is about; the designation (or lack thereof) of transparency and truth.

Also truth: some peoples' rule-breaks are overlooked for years. Others are addressed immediately, and still others are only addressed if someone complains.

Summary: All of the above, combined, makes for confusion, frustration, and exasperation from the people breaking the rules, the people not breaking them, the people complaining about the breaking, the people complaining about the complainers.

Result: the rules would probably be of more benefit to all, if they were re-visited, made less vague, and better-defined. And then - more evenly enforced.
I repeat, not sure you would be happy here.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:41 PM
Veteran member

“You can’t handle the truth!”
Old 02-09-2019, 01:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

If someone is bothered about a deed restriction infringement, than they can report it and it will be dealt with. It may not be an infringement and the person may have sought and have been given permission for their lovely dark bronze sand hill crane in the front yard or their beautiful fountain.

AND there is not a way to change the rules in a CDD. It is a privately owned business and when you buy here, you also accept the rules. The choice to live here also comes with some baggage. You will see more older people than you have ever seen in your life. You will see one of the best run businesses you have ever seen. You will be exposed to mini-cultures from all over the country. Some will be too outspoken for you and some very polite and as some describe as "passive aggressive". If you are used to speaking your mind, your thoughts may not be enjoyed by others and if you are used to quietly hoping that the Morse Family will remove the Dalmation statue peeing on the fire hydrant next door....without making a call about it, it won't happen. But flowers are planted at each new season and the bushes and grass and trees along the cart paths are kept lovely without anyone asking. The beautiful accessories in the rec centers are a joy to see and the card table chairs are comfy in the card rooms and there are dozens of volunteers willing to teach you to craft and to paint and to draw and to dance and to clog and to sew quilts.

And you will learn as I have that Bogie Shooter is almost always right.

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-09-2019 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I repeat, not sure you would be happy here.
Who says? Someone here works for The Villages. I wonder who?
Old 02-09-2019, 01:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydaz View Post
Who says? Someone here works for The Villages. I wonder who?
Your implication is way off base or maybe just a WAG.
Nope don't work for TV, actually don't work for anybody.

Tags
restrictions, eves, deed, district, trolls

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.