Lawn ornament trolls

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2019, 03:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,465 Times in 545 Posts

///

Last edited by Bjeanj; 02-11-2019 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Didn’t want to be part of this thread.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:16 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

aaaaaaaaaaaaugh!!!!!

Hey everybody, I just saw a dead horse in the Publix parking lot -- looks like it could use a beatin'.

Ohhhhhhhhh, nooooooo, now I am looking really bad. But I could not resist. I must apologize for my outburst:

There is no dead horse. That would be awful.

I like horses -- though they have been known to bite me.

And my apologies to whoever I stole that line from. I think I read it long ago here on TOTV when a thread had reached the definition of insanity -- and I have been right there with it in this one.

Babbling Boomer
Old 02-11-2019, 04:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

nn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
I was under the impression that the deed restrictions were a contract between The Villages and each individual homeowner. If that’s the case, then wouldn’t changing the restrictions require each individual homeowner agree to and sign the amendment to the contract?
Deed restrictions are binding on all properties that are subject to the same set of restrictions. Normally requires that 100% of owners of all properties subject to the same restrictions agree to changes, unless superseded by Federal, State or Local law.
Extremely difficult process to change.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,002 Times in 2,199 Posts

ALL,
I never suggested changing the deed restrictions, I like the restrictions.

Also, I never suggested changing the way these are enforced by Community Standards.

What I was suggesting was a change in the REPORTING system, since this in the current implementation by Community Standards, I believe that this can be changed if enough people ask/demand a change. It has nothing to do with the existing deed restrictions or enforcement. My suggestion was to try to implement a way to limit "trolls" while still keeping anonymity for those reporting infractions.

There are a lot of very intelligent people here, and if we work together, i am sure that we could craft a system that would work better than the existing REPORTING system.

Just my humble opinion.

Also, I was not a victim of the most recent "troll" report, but I have a few friends that were, and I personally liked the items that were complained about.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
ALL,
I never suggested changing the deed restrictions, I like the restrictions.

Also, I never suggested changing the way these are enforced by Community Standards.

What I was suggesting was a change in the REPORTING system, since this in the current implementation by Community Standards, I believe that this can be changed if enough people ask/demand a change. It has nothing to do with the existing deed restrictions or enforcement. My suggestion was to try to implement a way to limit "trolls" while still keeping anonymity for those reporting infractions.

There are a lot of very intelligent people here, and if we work together, i am sure that we could craft a system that would work better than the existing REPORTING system.

Just my humble opinion.

Also, I was not a victim of the most recent "troll" report, but I have a few friends that were, and I personally liked the items that were complained about.
Whose "likes" should prevail??? MHO= Restrictions as the now exist are fine, enforcement process is ok, I actually wish more complaints would be submitted and actions taken. Lots of Floridians love chain link fences.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:08 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
aaaaaaaaaaaaugh!!!!!

Hey everybody, I just saw a dead horse in the Publix parking lot -- looks like it could use a beatin'.

Ohhhhhhhhh, nooooooo, now I am looking really bad. But I could not resist. I must apologize for my outburst:

There is no dead horse. That would be awful.

I like horses -- though they have been known to bite me.

And my apologies to whoever I stole that line from. I think I read it long ago here on TOTV when a thread had reached the definition of insanity -- and I have been right there with it in this one.

Babbling Boomer
Thread closed - Dead horse is starting to decompose
Old 02-11-2019, 05:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Whose "likes" should prevail??? MHO= Restrictions as the now exist are fine, enforcement process is ok, I actually wish more complaints would be submitted and actions taken. Lots of Floridians love chain link fences.
If you would like to report complaints you will be very busy. Just take your golf cart or your car with a paasenger on board and drive around each and every street in each village to note each address and each infraction. You will be surprised how many infractions you will see. Just looking at the number of bird statues all over the Villages will keep you very busy. But after you do this to your neighbors you will have opened up a bee hive as people love their neighbors small, tasteful bird statues. The real purpose of this deed reporting system is to provide a mechanism to stop people from putting a tank statue or 24 three foot trolls in their front yard. In fact if anyone actually does this and submits thousands of deed restriction violations to VCCD you would see changes come quickly. I agree, keep the deed restrictions in place, but look to improve the complaint reporting system.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Some of us are happy with the existing reporting system.
If you follow the deed restrictions, no need to change it.
After 276 posts on this topic, positions are clear.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Some of us are happy with the existing reporting system.
If you follow the deed restrictions, no need to change it.
After 276 posts on this topic, positions are clear.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:42 PM
Veteran member

Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!
Old 02-11-2019, 06:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydaz View Post
I have only posted on this thread recently because it concerns my neighborhood.
Great, now your position is also clear!
Old 02-11-2019, 06:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,465 Times in 545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
nn

Deed restrictions are binding on all properties that are subject to the same set of restrictions. Normally requires that 100% of owners of all properties subject to the same restrictions agree to changes, unless superseded by Federal, State or Local law.
Extremely difficult process to change.
That’s what I thought.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,374 Times in 3,051 Posts

FWIW - one doesn't have to actually live in a community to have read the deed restrictions of it. Someone challenged me to read them. So I did. Since I STILL couldn't figure out which ones applied to the property we're thinking of buying, I read ALL OF THEM. All the information I've gotten with regards to voting and changing the rules and the expiration dates of the restrictions and their subsequent renewals, I got from reading the actual deed restrictions. Every. Single. One.

If you want to know what's in them, I'll spit right back to you what you spit at me: Read them.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydaz View Post
I don’t agree with you. My position is clear. You post a lot more than I do. How many posts do you have on this thread? I have only posted on this thread recently because it concerns my neighborhood. You appear to post thousands of times on all the threads.
What does this mean?
Old 02-11-2019, 06:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Great, now your position is also clear!
You didn’t know I lived in the Village affected? Your reading comprehension is not very good. Posting over 17,000 times doesn’t give you much time to read. Frequent posters think they can flood a topic with all their posts and overpower any position they don’t like. Not today they don’t.

Last edited by Happydaz; 02-11-2019 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Sp
Closed Thread

Tags
restrictions, eves, deed, district, trolls

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.