I'll be gone, I'll be gone
Before they get up
I'll be knocking the jockeys off the lawn
Old 02-12-2019, 05:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I read through all the restrictions even though some are hard to understand and I am In total compliance.

I also make sure my bushes are foot off the neighbors wall and property line, bushes out front are less than 4 foot tall were they could be vision problem off the street when neighbors pull out driveway or turn at corner. I pressure wash mold off sidewalks, house, walls, and concrete strip out at street. I keep my shrubs trimmed and debris picked up. I don’t play obnoxious loud music or have Harley, I don’t park in the street or leave my car sticking out of my driveway. I can actually get my car in the garage is small CYV garage. I help out neighbors when asked. Basiclly I’m the prefect neighbor hardly seen or heard.
Why can’t all villagers be like me, the prefect neighbor and follow all the rules.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw Man View Post
Why does it matter if she lives in TV??
I wasn't aware this forum was limited to TV residents.

Besides, she has said in many posts that she and her husband are seriously considering moving here. To me it seems her interest and opinions are part of a due diligence process.

Perhaps you and many other posters on this thread should be more understanding and less apt to bully.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

I'm putting a deposit down tomorrow and we're moving in some time in late June/early July. So no, I don't live here yet. And if you took the time to learn that I've had 240+ posts, you could've wasted another 5 minutes to read a few of them and learn that I've already said I didn't live here yet, that we were seriously considering moving in, and that I was doing my due dilligence. Turns out we "could" put in a tacky pink flamingo on our front yard if we wanted to, at the home we're buying. I won't though, because I think they're tacky. And the neighbors so far seem to be especially lovely. Welcoming, warm and inviting. I think my husband and I did the right thing by looking in the "hysterical" section.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:31 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I'm putting a deposit down tomorrow and we're moving in some time in late June/early July. So no, I don't live here yet. And if you took the time to learn that I've had 240+ posts, you could've wasted another 5 minutes to read a few of them and learn that I've already said I didn't live here yet, that we were seriously considering moving in, and that I was doing my due dilligence. Turns out we "could" put in a tacky pink flamingo on our front yard if we wanted to, at the home we're buying. I won't though, because I think they're tacky. And the neighbors so far seem to be especially lovely. Welcoming, warm and inviting. I think my husband and I did the right thing by looking in the "hysterical" section.
Some very nice people live there.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdedes View Post
Seriously?!?!
Yes, seriously...
Old 02-12-2019, 09:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I am not up on the federal antenna law and understand that the Villages don’t want thousands of antennas sticking out of roofs alover but many install attic antennas which no one sees thus they are not an issue. This seems to work. Not sure if the federal law just says they are allowed in general or if roof top outside ones are allowed.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,398 Times in 2,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
I am not up on the federal antenna law and understand that the Villages don’t want thousands of antennas sticking out of roofs alover but many install attic antennas which no one sees thus they are not an issue. This seems to work. Not sure if the federal law just says they are allowed in general or if roof top outside ones are allowed.
A quick google search.. Over-the-Air Reception Devices Rule | Federal Communications Commission

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 02-12-2019, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Why can’t all villagers be like me, the prefect neighbor and follow all the rules.
Even the ones that are illegal and unenforceable.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Thank you
Old 02-13-2019, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Takes no time at all, TOTV keeps the total every time you post...……...you are at 242.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Takes no time at all, TOTV keeps the total every time you post...……...you are at 242.
That's what my systolic goes up to when I read TOTV.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedivergirl View Post
Antennae are protected by Federal law.

Clotheslines are allowed by Florida law.

163.04 Energy devices based on renewable resources.—
(1) Notwithstanding any provision of this chapter or other provision of general or special law, the adoption of an ordinance by a governing body, as those terms are defined in this chapter, which prohibits or has the effect of prohibiting the installation of solar collectors, clotheslines, or other energy devices based on renewable resources is expressly prohibited.
(2) A deed restriction, covenant, declaration, or similar binding agreement may not prohibit or have the effect of prohibiting solar collectors, clotheslines, or other energy devices based on renewable resources from being installed on buildings erected on the lots or parcels covered by the deed restriction, covenant, declaration, or binding agreement.
. . .

Statutes & Constitution
:View Statutes
:

Online Sunshine
And that says it all, folks.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 02-13-2019, 04:46 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

Quote:
I don't have time to read 240+ posts. I'm busy driving around looking for violators who put plastic pink flamingos on their lawn.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:06 PM
TOTV Moderator

This thread is closed. Posts have devolved to sniping at each other. The original topic has been debated ad nauseum.

Closed Thread

Tags
restrictions, eves, deed, district, trolls

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.