Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Lawn ornament trolls (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/lawn-ornament-trolls-283938/)

tagjr1 02-02-2019 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garywt (Post 1621492)
I just received my paperwork today, did not have to sign the restriction paperwork, not sure if you have to sign it at the closing. It clearly says lawn ornaments and not yard ornaments which means nothing on the grass. As far as where the bushes and mulch are is not lawn as there is no grass.

Good luck with your misguided logic!

Garywt 02-02-2019 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tagjr1 (Post 1621508)

?? It is just what I read.

roob1 02-03-2019 06:14 AM

Many people turn the focus on the persons who report violations. The violator (not the reporter) creates a potential problem when he violates the rules.

Narcissists blame others, as well as feel a highly increased sense of entitlement, i.e. "I am entitled to put up a lawn ornament, and if I get caught, you are to blame for turning me in".

Violators might want to consider that they are to blame. They agree to follow the rules when they buy. Then they decide to ignore them. So who is really to blame when one "gets caught"? Could it be the one who feels "entitled" to do as he pleases?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazuela (Post 1621448)
So it wasn't even the people IN the neighborhood doing the complaining? Wow. That's pretty pathetic. If their lives are so miserable that they have to create problems where none exist, then they need to just find a nice cave to move into, where nothing can bother them ever again.

I get that rules are rules. I also get that this seems to be a 'if it ain't broke, don't whine about it' situation, where minor infractions are overlooked as long as the neighborhood is okay with it and no one complains. If it gets to be more than a minor infraction, or becomes more prevalent in the neighborhood, someone will complain, and it'll be dealt with then. But there's no reason to go to other parts of The Villages just so you can point out what's wrong with THOSE houses THERE - unless you just really get a sick twisted kind of kick out of minding everyone else's business.

fw102807 02-03-2019 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garywt (Post 1621512)
?? It is just what I read.

We see many beautiful yard decorations everywhere we go. I am not saying that you are right or wrong about this but I think it would be worth a call to Community standards to clarify.

retiredguy123 02-03-2019 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tagjr1 (Post 1621508)

It doesn't sound misguided to me. The Pine Ridge document says lawn ornaments are prohibited, but it doesn't say anything about yard ornaments.

mulligan 02-03-2019 09:23 AM

If you can see it and it's not a typical holiday decoration, you've violated the spirit of the rule. The second grade responses on here amaze me.

retiredguy123 02-03-2019 10:39 AM

I think that people just have different opinions. And, the deed restriction document is extremely vague and inadequate regarding "ornaments". It is even more inadequate in addressing noise violations, which are more important to me.

queasy27 02-03-2019 11:28 AM

Someone turned me in for leaving a plain orange plastic pumpkin over my lamppost light for months. I thought it was cute and helped identify my house at night.

The Community Standards person came by twice and left a notice of violation, which I ignored. The third time I was home and showed him my deed restriction, which did not specifically prohibit it. He claimed there was a Villages-wide "matrix" that applied to everyone. Sir, you are incorrect.

I had to call Community Standards twice, but victory was ultimately mine. I left the thing up for another year or so until I moved.*

* Out of the historic district.

Bogie Shooter 02-03-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1621610)
I think that people just have different opinions. And, the deed restriction document is extremely vague and inadequate regarding "ornaments". It is even more inadequate in addressing noise violations, which are more important to me.

Isn't noise a county thing?

Chi-Town 02-03-2019 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by queasy27 (Post 1621624)
Someone turned me in for leaving a plain orange plastic pumpkin over my lamppost light for months. I thought it was cute and helped identify my house at night.

The Community Standards person came by twice and left a notice of violation, which I ignored. The third time I was home and showed him my deed restriction, which did not specifically prohibit it. He claimed there was a Villages-wide "matrix" that applied to everyone. Sir, you are incorrect.

I had to call Community Standards twice, but victory was ultimately mine. I left the thing up for another year or so until I moved.*

* Out of the historic district.

Was it plain or have a face? A face would be considered a seasonal Halloween decoration. A truly plain one would be a tough call.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0af64b8e24.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

retiredguy123 02-03-2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1621626)
Isn't noise a county thing?

My deed restriction document says that sounds must be kept at a "moderate" level from 10 pm until 1 hour before daylight. I'm sure that everyone else must know what a moderate level is. But, I don't.

JoMar 02-03-2019 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1621666)
My deed restriction document says that sounds must be kept at a "moderate" level from 10 pm until 1 hour before daylight. I'm sure that everyone else must know what a moderate level is. But, I don't.

Since normal conversation is 60db and shouting in ones ear is 110db I would assume moderate would be closer to normal conversation.

JoMar 02-03-2019 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1621553)
It doesn't sound misguided to me. The Pine Ridge document says lawn ornaments are prohibited, but it doesn't say anything about yard ornaments.

Depending on your neighbors you might be afforded the opportunity to test the restrictions.

OrangeBlossomBaby 02-03-2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roob1 (Post 1621523)
Many people turn the focus on the persons who report violations. The violator (not the reporter) creates a potential problem when he violates the rules.

Narcissists blame others, as well as feel a highly increased sense of entitlement, i.e. "I am entitled to put up a lawn ornament, and if I get caught, you are to blame for turning me in".

Violators might want to consider that they are to blame. They agree to follow the rules when they buy. Then they decide to ignore them. So who is really to blame when one "gets caught"? Could it be the one who feels "entitled" to do as he pleases?

One is not "getting caught" doing something sneaky, if the thing they're doing is in plain sight and they're not trying to hide it. If the concensus of the neighborhood is "this is cute, we're okay with it, we have no problem with it, and it's acceptable" then who are you, who lives in a whole other neighborhood, to come to their neighborhood just so that you have an excuse to "turn them in?" You don't live there, it's none of your business.

OrangeBlossomBaby 02-03-2019 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 1621676)
Depending on your neighbors you might be afforded the opportunity to test the restrictions.

This, exactly.

If the neighbors don't have a problem with it, then it's not a problem.