Lawn ornament trolls

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2019, 08:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,005 Times in 2,199 Posts
Default Lawn ornament trolls

Some time back someone posted if an "offending ornament" was under the eves, it was OK?
Well the troll(s) have struck in my neighbor, so I dug out the deed restrictions, and I could NOT find the exception for items "under the eves", this is in District 9.
If anyone has actually seen this text in their deed restrictions, please let me know which district and if possible what item number in the restrictions.
A BIG thank you for your help.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:11 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,475 Times in 703 Posts

The exemption does not exist, urban legend.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 02-02-2019, 12:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,846 Times in 2,405 Posts

Out of site, out of mind.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,423 Times in 5,111 Posts

I looked at a few of the deed restriction documents. They all say that lawn ornaments are prohibited except for seasonal displays for 30 days. I guess someone could make a case that the front patio is not part of the lawn, or that something hanging from the eve is not a lawn ornament. I didn't see any definition for a lawn.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member

All I can say is there are very few homes that are in total compliance with all of the rules. Planting in the in the drainage swails, hedges that have turned into walls,raised corner flower beds to close to the property line, to many dogs, yard & lawn ornaments etc. There is never a problem with this until some one person gets turned in and then out comes the troll.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:55 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

I always find it slightly humorous when people complain about those who turn in folks for deed restriction violations. That is the reason the violations are available. Personally I don't particularly like my neighborhood looking like something like a 50's animal/nursery rhyme park. If you don't like the deed restrictions why on earth don't you move? Perhaps you only like some of them? Calling people "troll" is childish. Enforcing the rules and regulations are what make living here better than places where they don't enforce them.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:18 AM

But it’s “ok” to have your back yard which is backed up to the street full of Cactus plants!
Old 02-02-2019, 09:14 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
I always find it slightly humorous when people complain about those who turn in folks for deed restriction violations. That is the reason the violations are available. Personally I don't particularly like my neighborhood looking like something like a 50's animal/nursery rhyme park. If you don't like the deed restrictions why on earth don't you move? Perhaps you only like some of them? Calling people "troll" is childish. Enforcing the rules and regulations are what make living here better than places where they don't enforce them.
I have to agree.
I have never called on a neighbor for some of the crazy stuff they put out.
But this insistence that it is the person who complained is the problem is ridiculous.

When you live in Florida in a CDD there are rules.
I lived in Tampa and they had the same rules.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchase View Post
But it’s “ok” to have your back yard which is backed up to the street full of Cactus plants!
Yep.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Some time back someone posted if an "offending ornament" was under the eves, it was OK?
Well the troll(s) have struck in my neighbor, so I dug out the deed restrictions, and I could NOT find the exception for items "under the eves", this is in District 9.
If anyone has actually seen this text in their deed restrictions, please let me know which district and if possible what item number in the restrictions.
A BIG thank you for your help.
Maybe a call to villages watch is in order they’ll contact the neighbor and you’ll be kept Anonymous.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
Maybe a call to villages watch is in order they’ll contact the neighbor and you’ll be kept Anonymous.
Not Villages Watch...... Community Standards.

VCDD Community Standards
Old 02-02-2019, 11:00 AM
Default My opinion

I've never before lived in a planed community such as The Villages.

There are all kinds of pluses and minuses. Some are truly amusing and well pathetic.

I recall a business associate who lived in a similar-planed community. After several years someone complained about the location of his tree and voiced an unanimous complaint. I neither particularly liked him or had any interest in his tree.

BUT, the community decided to hire an atty. He too hired an attorney. The issue went on for years. I never said it but first of all he was paying for the communities atty in his common charges. Secondly he was paying his own atty. I will guess that tree cost him as much as a nice car. Not to leave the story without an end. The tree was never resolved. He passed away. The property went to his daughter I assume. Were it me, I would have little concern for the quality of the new owner.

FOR ALL OF YOU-think is it really important? Are YOU as perfect as you THINK YOU ARE? If, you wish to look for problems you will surely be able to find them.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
"villages watch" does not handle these issues.

Complaints of this nature are made to Deed Compliance at 352-751-3912
Old 02-02-2019, 11:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchase View Post
Cactus plants are nature....better than old car parts!
Old 02-02-2019, 01:07 PM

I agree with you 100%, what does it matter who reported the infraction, if it's not allowed, it's not allowed.
Closed Thread

Tags
restrictions, eves, deed, district, trolls

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.