Lawn ornament trolls

Lawn ornament trolls

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lawn ornament trolls
  #1  
Old 02-01-2019, 08:26 PM
villagetinker's Avatar
villagetinker villagetinker is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Village of Pinellas
Posts: 5,098
Default Lawn ornament trolls

Some time back someone posted if an "offending ornament" was under the eves, it was OK?
Well the troll(s) have struck in my neighbor, so I dug out the deed restrictions, and I could NOT find the exception for items "under the eves", this is in District 9.
If anyone has actually seen this text in their deed restrictions, please let me know which district and if possible what item number in the restrictions.
A BIG thank you for your help.
__________________
Pennsylvania, for 60+ years, most recently, Allentown, now TV.

  #2  
Old 02-01-2019, 10:11 PM
Goldwingnut's Avatar
Goldwingnut Goldwingnut is online now
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Village of Hillsborough
Posts: 637
Default

The exemption does not exist, urban legend.
__________________
GoldWingNut
(a motorcycle enthusiast not a gilded fastener)
Village of Hillsborough
My Drone Flying YouTube Page
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 02-02-2019, 12:08 AM
Topspinmo's Avatar
Topspinmo Topspinmo is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.
Posts: 4,216
Default

Out of site, out of mind.
  #4  
Old 02-02-2019, 07:01 AM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is online now
Soaring Eagle member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,184
Default

I looked at a few of the deed restriction documents. They all say that lawn ornaments are prohibited except for seasonal displays for 30 days. I guess someone could make a case that the front patio is not part of the lawn, or that something hanging from the eve is not a lawn ornament. I didn't see any definition for a lawn.
  #5  
Old 02-02-2019, 07:13 AM
skip0358's Avatar
skip0358 skip0358 is offline
Soaring Eagle member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Village of Bonita 9/09
Posts: 2,048
Default

All I can say is there are very few homes that are in total compliance with all of the rules. Planting in the in the drainage swails, hedges that have turned into walls,raised corner flower beds to close to the property line, to many dogs, yard & lawn ornaments etc. There is never a problem with this until some one person gets turned in and then out comes the troll.
__________________
Patchogue, NY; Village of Bonita Sept.09
  #6  
Old 02-02-2019, 07:55 AM
Mortal1 Mortal1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 94
Default

I always find it slightly humorous when people complain about those who turn in folks for deed restriction violations. That is the reason the violations are available. Personally I don't particularly like my neighborhood looking like something like a 50's animal/nursery rhyme park. If you don't like the deed restrictions why on earth don't you move? Perhaps you only like some of them? Calling people "troll" is childish. Enforcing the rules and regulations are what make living here better than places where they don't enforce them.
  #7  
Old 02-02-2019, 08:18 AM
jchase jchase is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 305
Default

But it’s “ok” to have your back yard which is backed up to the street full of Cactus plants!
  #8  
Old 02-02-2019, 09:14 AM
patfla06 patfla06 is online now
Gold member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
I always find it slightly humorous when people complain about those who turn in folks for deed restriction violations. That is the reason the violations are available. Personally I don't particularly like my neighborhood looking like something like a 50's animal/nursery rhyme park. If you don't like the deed restrictions why on earth don't you move? Perhaps you only like some of them? Calling people "troll" is childish. Enforcing the rules and regulations are what make living here better than places where they don't enforce them.
I have to agree.
I have never called on a neighbor for some of the crazy stuff they put out.
But this insistence that it is the person who complained is the problem is ridiculous.

When you live in Florida in a CDD there are rules.
I lived in Tampa and they had the same rules.
__________________
Long Island, NY; N.J., Tampa, and T.V.
  #9  
Old 02-02-2019, 09:25 AM
photo1902 photo1902 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchase View Post
But it’s “ok” to have your back yard which is backed up to the street full of Cactus plants!
Yep.
  #10  
Old 02-02-2019, 09:41 AM
Kerry Azz's Avatar
Kerry Azz Kerry Azz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Some time back someone posted if an "offending ornament" was under the eves, it was OK?
Well the troll(s) have struck in my neighbor, so I dug out the deed restrictions, and I could NOT find the exception for items "under the eves", this is in District 9.
If anyone has actually seen this text in their deed restrictions, please let me know which district and if possible what item number in the restrictions.
A BIG thank you for your help.
Maybe a call to villages watch is in order they’ll contact the neighbor and you’ll be kept Anonymous.
Closed Thread

Tags
restrictions, eves, deed, district, trolls

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 PM.