Lawn ornament trolls

Lawn ornament trolls

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Lawn ornament trolls
Old 02-01-2019, 08:26 PM
Sage

Default Lawn ornament trolls

Some time back someone posted if an "offending ornament" was under the eves, it was OK?
Well the troll(s) have struck in my neighbor, so I dug out the deed restrictions, and I could NOT find the exception for items "under the eves", this is in District 9.
If anyone has actually seen this text in their deed restrictions, please let me know which district and if possible what item number in the restrictions.
A BIG thank you for your help.

Old 02-01-2019, 10:11 PM
Veteran member

The exemption does not exist, urban legend.
My Drone Flying YouTube Page
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2019, 12:08 AM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Out of site, out of mind.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I looked at a few of the deed restriction documents. They all say that lawn ornaments are prohibited except for seasonal displays for 30 days. I guess someone could make a case that the front patio is not part of the lawn, or that something hanging from the eve is not a lawn ornament. I didn't see any definition for a lawn.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member

All I can say is there are very few homes that are in total compliance with all of the rules. Planting in the in the drainage swails, hedges that have turned into walls,raised corner flower beds to close to the property line, to many dogs, yard & lawn ornaments etc. There is never a problem with this until some one person gets turned in and then out comes the troll.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:55 AM

I always find it slightly humorous when people complain about those who turn in folks for deed restriction violations. That is the reason the violations are available. Personally I don't particularly like my neighborhood looking like something like a 50's animal/nursery rhyme park. If you don't like the deed restrictions why on earth don't you move? Perhaps you only like some of them? Calling people "troll" is childish. Enforcing the rules and regulations are what make living here better than places where they don't enforce them.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:18 AM

But it’s “ok” to have your back yard which is backed up to the street full of Cactus plants!
Old 02-02-2019, 09:14 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
I always find it slightly humorous when people complain about those who turn in folks for deed restriction violations. That is the reason the violations are available. Personally I don't particularly like my neighborhood looking like something like a 50's animal/nursery rhyme park. If you don't like the deed restrictions why on earth don't you move? Perhaps you only like some of them? Calling people "troll" is childish. Enforcing the rules and regulations are what make living here better than places where they don't enforce them.
I have to agree.
I have never called on a neighbor for some of the crazy stuff they put out.
But this insistence that it is the person who complained is the problem is ridiculous.

When you live in Florida in a CDD there are rules.
I lived in Tampa and they had the same rules.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:25 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchase View Post
But it’s “ok” to have your back yard which is backed up to the street full of Cactus plants!
Yep.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Some time back someone posted if an "offending ornament" was under the eves, it was OK?
Well the troll(s) have struck in my neighbor, so I dug out the deed restrictions, and I could NOT find the exception for items "under the eves", this is in District 9.
If anyone has actually seen this text in their deed restrictions, please let me know which district and if possible what item number in the restrictions.
A BIG thank you for your help.
Maybe a call to villages watch is in order they’ll contact the neighbor and you’ll be kept Anonymous.
Closed Thread

Tags
restrictions, eves, deed, district, trolls