Lawn ornament trolls

Lawn ornament trolls

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-02-2019, 09:59 AM
CWGUY's Avatar
CWGUY CWGUY is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
Maybe a call to villages watch is in order they’ll contact the neighbor and you’ll be kept Anonymous.
Not Villages Watch...... Community Standards.

VCDD Community Standards
__________________
__________________________________________________
Trying To Understand Some People Is Like Trying To Smell The Color 9

My opinion
  #12  
Old 02-02-2019, 11:00 AM
thetruth thetruth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 298
Default My opinion

I've never before lived in a planed community such as The Villages.

There are all kinds of pluses and minuses. Some are truly amusing and well pathetic.

I recall a business associate who lived in a similar-planed community. After several years someone complained about the location of his tree and voiced an unanimous complaint. I neither particularly liked him or had any interest in his tree.

BUT, the community decided to hire an atty. He too hired an attorney. The issue went on for years. I never said it but first of all he was paying for the communities atty in his common charges. Secondly he was paying his own atty. I will guess that tree cost him as much as a nice car. Not to leave the story without an end. The tree was never resolved. He passed away. The property went to his daughter I assume. Were it me, I would have little concern for the quality of the new owner.


FOR ALL OF YOU-think is it really important? Are YOU as perfect as you THINK YOU ARE? If, you wish to look for problems you will surely be able to find them.
Sponsored Links
  #13  
Old 02-02-2019, 11:19 AM
photo1902 photo1902 is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
Maybe a call to villages watch is in order they’ll contact the neighbor and you’ll be kept Anonymous.
"villages watch" does not handle these issues.

Complaints of this nature are made to Deed Compliance at 352-751-3912
  #14  
Old 02-02-2019, 11:21 AM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 12,724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchase View Post
But it’s “ok” to have your back yard which is backed up to the street full of Cactus plants!
Cactus plants are nature....better than old car parts!
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell.
“Only truth and transparency can guarantee freedom”, John McCain
  #15  
Old 02-02-2019, 01:07 PM
Bigben007 Bigben007 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, Fernandina, 2012
Posts: 135
Default

I agree with you 100%, what does it matter who reported the infraction, if it's not allowed, it's not allowed.
  #16  
Old 02-02-2019, 01:36 PM
bob47 bob47 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Santiago
Posts: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigben007 View Post
I agree with you 100%, what does it matter who reported the infraction, if it's not allowed, it's not allowed.
I agree with this logic completely. And in fact, the person reporting is not declaring that there is an infraction. He / she is asking community standards to determine whether or not there is an infraction.
  #17  
Old 02-02-2019, 01:49 PM
Jazuela Jazuela is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 280
Default

Is this an actual lawn ornament, or a garden gnome statuette? Do the deed restrictions define "lawn ornament?" If so, what is that definition? Does the offending object fit that description?

I see photos on the Villages homefinder page, that very proudly display all kinds of things "under the eves" of the front of the dwelling. Most of them are crosses, in full view of the sidewalk out front, and not even in an actual garden. They're not, however, "on the lawn." So does that make them "not lawn ornaments?" These are not the old properties where restrictions are less restrictive, either.

Buttonwood, Pinellas, south of 466. Some are patio villas, some courtyard villas, and some ranch and designer homes. So it's not even "oh well "those" types of homes are exempt."

So as I see it, it really depends on the object and whether or not it's actually on a lawn. If it's on a lawn, it's absolutely positively a lawn ornament, by definition.

But if it's not on a lawn - and if it's a garden critter, or a religious symbol (like a cross) or even a 2-foot planter shaped like a golf cart and growing morning glory vines up a miniature wrought-iron trellis - then it's not a lawn ornament.
  #18  
Old 02-02-2019, 02:01 PM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: From Ohio, now happily live in Laurel Valley
Posts: 35,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Is this an actual lawn ornament, or a garden gnome statuette? Do the deed restrictions define "lawn ornament?" If so, what is that definition? Does the offending object fit that description?

I see photos on the Villages homefinder page, that very proudly display all kinds of things "under the eves" of the front of the dwelling. Most of them are crosses, in full view of the sidewalk out front, and not even in an actual garden. They're not, however, "on the lawn." So does that make them "not lawn ornaments?" These are not the old properties where restrictions are less restrictive, either.

Buttonwood, Pinellas, south of 466. Some are patio villas, some courtyard villas, and some ranch and designer homes. So it's not even "oh well "those" types of homes are exempt."

So as I see it, it really depends on the object and whether or not it's actually on a lawn. If it's on a lawn, it's absolutely positively a lawn ornament, by definition.

But if it's not on a lawn - and if it's a garden critter, or a religious symbol (like a cross) or even a 2-foot planter shaped like a golf cart and growing morning glory vines up a miniature wrought-iron trellis - then it's not a lawn ornament.
Kinda. But not exactly. It all makes good sense to those who bought here and signed the deed restrictions. We have had them before for decades. I prefer deed restricted PLANNED communities. I do so like them Sam I am.
__________________
I have to be myself, everyone else is taken.
  #19  
Old 02-02-2019, 02:42 PM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,661
Default

Many houses have there entire front yard covered with rocks. But, the dictionary defines a lawn as a grassy area. So, I guess lawn ornaments would be allowed on a rock covered yard?
  #20  
Old 02-02-2019, 03:58 PM
Challenger's Avatar
Challenger Challenger is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Biscayne Villas
Posts: 1,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigben007 View Post
I agree with you 100%, what does it matter who reported the infraction, if it's not allowed, it's not allowed.
Wish we had more "Trolls" Don't understand people who voluntarily enter into a contract and then refuse to honor their agreement. Hope the trolls stay diligent .
__________________
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke 1729-1797
Closed Thread

Tags
restrictions, eves, deed, district, trolls

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.