Lawn ornament trolls

Lawn ornament trolls

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 01:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Consider your signature line quotes. Apply them to yourself.

Transparency and truth. That's really what this thread is about; the designation (or lack thereof) of transparency and truth.

Truth: There are rules.
Also truth: they are not evenly enforced.
Also truth: rules are often broken, not always intentionally.
Also truth: some peoples' rule-breaks are overlooked for years. Others are addressed immediately, and still others are only addressed if someone complains.

Summary: All of the above, combined, makes for confusion, frustration, and exasperation from the people breaking the rules, the people not breaking them, the people complaining about the breaking, the people complaining about the complainers.

Result: the rules would probably be of more benefit to all, if they were re-visited, made less vague, and better-defined. And then - more evenly enforced.
I repeat, not sure you would be happy here.

Old 02-09-2019, 01:41 PM

“You can’t handle the truth!”
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2019, 01:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Consider your signature line quotes. Apply them to yourself.

Transparency and truth. That's really what this thread is about; the designation (or lack thereof) of transparency and truth.

Truth: There are rules.
Also truth: they are not evenly enforced.
Also truth: rules are often broken, not always intentionally.
Also truth: some peoples' rule-breaks are overlooked for years. Others are addressed immediately, and still others are only addressed if someone complains.

Summary: All of the above, combined, makes for confusion, frustration, and exasperation from the people breaking the rules, the people not breaking them, the people complaining about the breaking, the people complaining about the complainers.

Result: the rules would probably be of more benefit to all, if they were re-visited, made less vague, and better-defined. And then - more evenly enforced.
If someone is bothered about a deed restriction infringement, than they can report it and it will be dealt with. It may not be an infringement and the person may have sought and have been given permission for their lovely dark bronze sand hill crane in the front yard or their beautiful fountain.

AND there is not a way to change the rules in a CDD. It is a privately owned business and when you buy here, you also accept the rules. The choice to live here also comes with some baggage. You will see more older people than you have ever seen in your life. You will see one of the best run businesses you have ever seen. You will be exposed to mini-cultures from all over the country. Some will be too outspoken for you and some very polite and as some describe as "passive aggressive". If you are used to speaking your mind, your thoughts may not be enjoyed by others and if you are used to quietly hoping that the Morse Family will remove the Dalmation statue peeing on the fire hydrant next door....without making a call about it, it won't happen. But flowers are planted at each new season and the bushes and grass and trees along the cart paths are kept lovely without anyone asking. The beautiful accessories in the rec centers are a joy to see and the card table chairs are comfy in the card rooms and there are dozens of volunteers willing to teach you to craft and to paint and to draw and to dance and to clog and to sew quilts.

And you will learn as I have that Bogie Shooter is almost always right.

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-09-2019 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I repeat, not sure you would be happy here.
Who says? Someone here works for The Villages. I wonder who?
Old 02-09-2019, 01:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydaz View Post
Your implication is way off base or maybe just a WAG.
Nope don't work for TV, actually don't work for anybody.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
According to the deed restrictions I just finished reading, the restrictions expire in January 2020 and will be automatically renewed for another 10 years IF there is no vote to change them first.

Some people like the status quo. Some people likes knowing that they can drive into neighborhoods nowhere near their own, for the express purpose of filing formal complaints about perceived violations. Some people get some kind of sick, twisted thrill out of knowing that they've caused upheaval to an entire neighborhood.

And of course some people are adverse to newcomers, snowbirds, and anyone who isn't "just like them." Which would be just fine, if this wasn't a senior community where the average lifespan from move-in to funeral home is less than 30 years. At some point - y'all will have vacant homes next to you. SOMEONE will be moving in, like it or not. It can be rats and other vermin as a result of abandonment, or it can be neighbors who you might or might not want to hang out with. It might even be neighbors who don't really want to move there, but that's the best they could find in their particular circumstances.

You can be "stuck" with the results, or you can embrace the results. Your mileage may vary but I'd think carefully about who you choose to shun and dismiss. They could become your next door neighbor.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazuela View Post
according to the deed restrictions i just finished reading, the restrictions expire in january 2020 and will be automatically renewed for another 10 years if there is no vote to change them first.

Some people like the status quo. Some people likes knowing that they can drive into neighborhoods nowhere near their own, for the express purpose of filing formal complaints about perceived violations. Some people get some kind of sick, twisted thrill out of knowing that they've caused upheaval to an entire neighborhood.

And of course some people are adverse to newcomers, snowbirds, and anyone who isn't "just like them." which would be just fine, if this wasn't a senior community where the average lifespan from move-in to funeral home is less than 30 years. At some point - y'all will have vacant homes next to you. Someone will be moving in, like it or not. It can be rats and other vermin as a result of abandonment, or it can be neighbors who you might or might not want to hang out with. It might even be neighbors who don't really want to move there, but that's the best they could find in their particular circumstances.

You can be "stuck" with the results, or you can embrace the results. Your mileage may vary but i'd think carefully about who you choose to shun and dismiss. They could become your next door neighbor.
wow!
Old 02-09-2019, 02:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
According to the deed restrictions I just finished reading, the restrictions expire in January 2020 and will be automatically renewed for another 10 years IF there is no vote to change them first.

And of course some people are adverse to newcomers, snowbirds, and anyone who isn't "just like them." Which would be just fine, if this wasn't a senior community where the average lifespan from move-in to funeral home is less than 30 years. At some point - y'all will have vacant homes next to you. SOMEONE will be moving in, like it or not. It can be rats and other vermin as a result of abandonment, or it can be neighbors who you might or might not want to hang out with. It might even be neighbors who don't really want to move there, but that's the best they could find in their particular circumstances.

You can be "stuck" with the results, or you can embrace the results. Your mileage may vary but I'd think carefully about who you choose to shun and dismiss. They could become your next door neighbor.
There have been a few people who have reported lots of infringements, but it is a rare happening. I say this because I live here and I read this forum and others. You are jumping to conclusions. But if they did, they would be within their rights to do it. And maybe they aren't trying to get some "sick twisted thrill out of causing upheaval to a whole neighborhood". The truth is that a large majority of people who live here, like deed restrictions.

I didn't see any evidence of anyone shunning anyone, but some of us didn't agree with some views. No one made anyone move here with all of these deed restrictions. There are very few vacant homes for very long anywhere in The Villages, unless they smell like cigarette smoke, cat pee, or are gross and over priced.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:

Very interesting! It looks like people could effect changes in the deed compliance program. I would lobby that only Villagers with a valid Villages ID and who live within the affected Village could register a complaint. The email complaint system allows for abuse. When I looked at the VCDD site on deed compliance it looked like anyone, anywhere could make a complaint. No place for Village ID number, or name on the email form. That would mean non Villagers could make a complaint.

If changes can be made in 2020, then people should look to make changes if they wish. I must say that I agree with the concept of deed restrictions. It does make for our beautiful Villages environment. We love it here and we would not want to see any drastic changes, but a small change here and there that is desired by the majority of Villagers would be OK with me.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Very interesting! It looks like people could effect changes in the deed compliance program. I would lobby that only Villagers with a valid Villages ID and who live within the affected Village could register a complaint. The email complaint system allows for abuse. When I looked at the VCDD site on deed compliance it looked like anyone, anywhere could make a complaint. No place for Village ID number, or name on the email form. That would mean non Villagers could make a complaint.

If changes can be made in 2020, then people should look to make changes if they wish. I must say that I agree with the concept of deed restrictions. It does make for our beautiful Villages environment. We love it here and we would not want to see any drastic changes, but a small change here and there that is desired by the majority of Villagers would be OK with me.
This seems the most reasonable response to the situation. The situation being - the demographics of the community have changed. The original deed restrictions are due for renewal or change, and if there are that many violations (36 in just one neighborhood, according to this thread), then perhaps some of the restrictions need to be adjusted.

Not eradicated - I agree with you. Restrictions maintain a certain standard of upkeep and keep the property values reasonable. But maybe an "under the eaves is now acceptable, and no tacky flamingos, period!" could be an addendum.

Things like that.
Closed Thread

Tags
restrictions, eves, deed, district, trolls