Lawn ornament trolls

Lawn ornament trolls

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Jazuela, do you live in TV?
Why does it matter if she lives in TV??
I wasn't aware this forum was limited to TV residents.

Besides, she has said in many posts that she and her husband are seriously considering moving here. To me it seems her interest and opinions are part of a due diligence process.

Perhaps you and many other posters on this thread should be more understanding and less apt to bully.

Old 02-12-2019, 01:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw Man View Post

Besides, she has said in many posts that she and her husband are seriously considering moving here. To me it seems her interest and opinions are part of a due diligence process.

Perhaps you and many other posters on this thread should be more understanding and less apt to bully.
You may not have to live here, but you at least have to visit here to get get a real feel for what The Villages is all about. If she has visited here and considers this a possibility then opine away

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2019, 01:52 PM

Their "eaves". Not to be confused with "eves"...the night before....
Old 02-12-2019, 02:20 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
All I can say is there are very few homes that are in total compliance with all of the rules. Planting in the in the drainage swails, hedges that have turned into walls,raised corner flower beds to close to the property line, to many dogs, yard & lawn ornaments etc. There is never a problem with this until some one person gets turned in and then out comes the troll.
I read through all the restrictions even though some are hard to understand and I am In total compliance.

I also make sure my bushes are foot off the neighbors wall and property line, bushes out front are less than 4 foot tall were they could be vision problem off the street when neighbors pull out driveway or turn at corner. I pressure wash mold off sidewalks, house, walls, and concrete strip out at street. I keep my shrubs trimmed and debris picked up. I don’t play obnoxious loud music or have Harley, I don’t park in the street or leave my car sticking out of my driveway. I can actually get my car in the garage is small CYV garage. I help out neighbors when asked. Basiclly I’m the prefect neighbor hardly seen or heard.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:24 PM
Sage

Quote:

I don't think you have read all of the posts from both sides.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:44 PM

With apologies to Frank Zappa:

I'll take a drive to THE VILLAGES
Just before dawn
An' knock the little jockeys
Off the rich people's lawn
An' before they get up
I'll be gone, I'll be gone
Before they get up
I'll be knocking the jockeys off the lawn
Old 02-12-2019, 05:31 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I read through all the restrictions even though some are hard to understand and I am In total compliance.

I also make sure my bushes are foot off the neighbors wall and property line, bushes out front are less than 4 foot tall were they could be vision problem off the street when neighbors pull out driveway or turn at corner. I pressure wash mold off sidewalks, house, walls, and concrete strip out at street. I keep my shrubs trimmed and debris picked up. I don’t play obnoxious loud music or have Harley, I don’t park in the street or leave my car sticking out of my driveway. I can actually get my car in the garage is small CYV garage. I help out neighbors when asked. Basiclly I’m the prefect neighbor hardly seen or heard.
Why can’t all villagers be like me, the prefect neighbor and follow all the rules.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:15 PM
Sage

Quote:

Old 02-12-2019, 08:10 PM
Veteran member

I'm putting a deposit down tomorrow and we're moving in some time in late June/early July. So no, I don't live here yet. And if you took the time to learn that I've had 240+ posts, you could've wasted another 5 minutes to read a few of them and learn that I've already said I didn't live here yet, that we were seriously considering moving in, and that I was doing my due dilligence. Turns out we "could" put in a tacky pink flamingo on our front yard if we wanted to, at the home we're buying. I won't though, because I think they're tacky. And the neighbors so far seem to be especially lovely. Welcoming, warm and inviting. I think my husband and I did the right thing by looking in the "hysterical" section.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I'm putting a deposit down tomorrow and we're moving in some time in late June/early July. So no, I don't live here yet. And if you took the time to learn that I've had 240+ posts, you could've wasted another 5 minutes to read a few of them and learn that I've already said I didn't live here yet, that we were seriously considering moving in, and that I was doing my due dilligence. Turns out we "could" put in a tacky pink flamingo on our front yard if we wanted to, at the home we're buying. I won't though, because I think they're tacky. And the neighbors so far seem to be especially lovely. Welcoming, warm and inviting. I think my husband and I did the right thing by looking in the "hysterical" section.
Some very nice people live there.
Closed Thread

Tags
restrictions, eves, deed, district, trolls