Lawn ornament trolls

Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2019, 03:29 PM

We should remember that this is a rule, not a law, and while even laws can be changed, changing rules is a much less demanding process. This is our community, and if the majority believe this or any rule should be changed, they should work to have that done. If we spent the same time and energy initiating change as we do complaining about the rule or the rule breakers or the rule breaker reporters, on changing things, we might be surprised what would happen. Most of these things are governed by bodies of elected officials...they may or may not read TOTV.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Let's hope they have more important things to do than listen to a bunch of 2nd. graders.

"Most of these things are governed by bodies of elected officials...they may or may not read TOTV."
It's guaranteed that "they" read TOTV.

I started a thread a couple of months after joining about "faded/peeling/ugly" street signs...with a lot of posts saying I was just imagining them.

So I went out and took photos.

So many faded, peeling & ugly street signs.
<Poke Here

Within a couple of weeks, a whole bunch of the ones I took photos of...were replaced.

I don't believe in... that kind of 'coincidence.'
Old 02-03-2019, 07:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

I started a thread a couple of months after joining about "faded/peeling/ugly" street signs...with a lot of posts saying I was just imagining them.

<Poke Here

Within a couple of weeks, a whole bunch of the ones I took photos of...were replaced.

The street signs were discussed on here many months ago and a year ago. And two years ago. The sun beats the heck out of all painted surfaces.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:29 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

<Poke Here

It's not coincidence, it's called scheduled maintenance. Your elected officials don't need to read ToTV to be aware of what they, just like you and everyone else, can see.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 02-03-2019, 11:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
It's not coincidence, it's called scheduled maintenance. Your elected officials don't need to read ToTV to be aware of what they, just like you and everyone else, can see.
1. So you believe it was just pure coincidence that so many of these exact signs, which had obviously taken years to become so bad, were replaced on a pre-planned maintenance cycle...so quickly after the thread?

2. Please read the entire linked thread and its posts, so you can read for yourself that...not "everyone else could see them."

Old 02-04-2019, 07:29 AM

Hum.....offending ornament.....Pretty much anything nowadays offends someone.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:35 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

Enforcement of the rules is necessary to keeping this community clean and neat. I personally hate all the junk people put out in front. Keep it in your backyard, if it allowed and follow the rules. Simple.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
I always find it slightly humorous when people complain about those who turn in folks for deed restriction violations. That is the reason the violations are available. Personally I don't particularly like my neighborhood looking like something like a 50's animal/nursery rhyme park. If you don't like the deed restrictions why on earth don't you move? Perhaps you only like some of them? Calling people "troll" is childish. Enforcing the rules and regulations are what make living here better than places where they don't enforce them.
I fully agree.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:42 AM

haha All of you have been trolled and the funny thing is it was about trolls. You can almost hear the sucking sound of you all being pulled in lol.
Original poster stirs the pot, everyone circles around to help, then the original poster backs out and says 'he was asking for a friend'.
TheTruth had the only post worth reading just about when he said. "FOR ALL OF YOU-think is it really important? Are YOU as perfect as you THINK YOU ARE? If, you wish to look for problems you will surely be able to find them."
If you claim to be sticklers for all the rules... would you not complain and say it was just if you were fined for speeding 2 miles an hour over, how about so much as touching the double yellow?
It's all fun and games until you're the target. Get a life folks, live and let live. You're waaay too busy giving old people like me and TheTruth a bad name.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Rules are Rules are Rules..We all signed on the .......................... line
Old 02-04-2019, 08:49 AM
Veteran member

I’d like it if they changed the rules so only if you live in that particular village you can call in a complaint. If you call in you do have to give your name and address, but that name and address would be confidential.

When moving our stuff down from up north a garden art piece was left in the front yard. A few days later I went to move it into the back and the neighbors asked me not to, they like seeing it when they walked in the morning. A few months later I get the call that the metal statue was not allowed in the front, so I moved it to where I intended it to be originally, in the back where I can see it while sitting on the lanai. However, I know the neighbors weren’t the ones calling it in, they liked it.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

These are what would be considered yard ornaments. In the front yard. Village of Summerhill. Bad Request A metal pelican!
This one here uses a park bench AS a lawn ornament - can't sit on it, because it's holding potted plants. And then there's that tipped-over decorative, ornamental planter vomiting up white rocks... Bad Request

Now, I know CYVs are allowed to not have grass. But are they allowed to have garden or yard ornaments? Because this guy in Sanibel has multiple violations! They look terrific too, don't you think? Bad Request

More garden critters right there in the front for everyone to be offended by, this time in Pine Ridge Bad Request

These homes are ALL listed for sale on the OFFICIAL Villages Homefinder website. It looks to me that The Villages has no problem at all with these kinds of decorative touches. If they did, they would have made the owners remove them before using these pictures to advertise the homes for sale, don'tya think?

Maybe the rules should be changed. Or maybe people need to stop turning each other in for such trivial and trite infractions that don't actually violate the SPIRIT of the rules at all, but rather, violate the vague, non-specific, non-defined words.

Edited to add: those "bad request" links are to the actual photos, on the official website. They linked me there just fine when I clicked them, should work for you too.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:01 AM

That is just the villages cop out to avoid enforcing the rules.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:04 AM
Default Troll or not to Troll

Neighborhood Watch can not do anything. It is not their job. Their job is to open and close the pools and clean up dead animals on the streets. They only watch and are not trained to do anything other than simply just ride around. If called upon they can direct traffic when there is an accident, but only until law enforcement gets on the scene. After that they have to leave.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:32 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by nututv View Post
haha All of you have been trolled and the funny thing is it was about trolls. You can almost hear the sucking sound of you all being pulled in lol.
Not me
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	frankly-my-dear.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	78429  
Closed Thread

Tags
restrictions, eves, deed, district, trolls

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.