Has anyone just bought......

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Veteran member
Default Has anyone just bought......

after a few visits to TV over so many years. I will be going back in November. This will be our third trip. We loved it the first time but we're not ready to make a move.

We probably will next year because my husband's job may be changing so that he gets the east coast territory (he's in sales)

Anyway, we've made up our minds that TV is where we want to be and if it means my husband has to work a few more years, we're still willing to make the move to get us down faster.

It seems to me that many people go down and rent for awhile before buying. We won't be able to spend more than a week or two and that time will be reserved for when we buy our home.

Has anyone done it this way, go on short visits and then go down or a week when they want to buy?

Is it a mistake doing it this way? I don't want to have any regrets!!!

I am learning so much from this board that I'll be well prepared for when we do move.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Default Re: Has anyone just bought......

WHEN THE WIFE AND MYSELF COME DOWN IN THE MIDDLE OF SEPTEMBER, WE WILL BE RENTING UNTIL WE BUY. IS THIS THE BEST WAY? I DON'T KNOW BUT IT SEEMS THE BEST FOR US AND THE EASIEST TO DO WITHOUT ALL THE PRESSURE OF MAKING QUICK DECISIONS.... JUST THOUGHT I WOULD LET YOU KNOW. THE KAR GUY.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:57 PM

I think it is wise to rent a while before you buy. Figure out the area you want to be in or meet some friends and move in the vicinity of there homes. PLUS I don't think the market has bottomed out yet.

Also be aware that Marion county amenities fees are going UP UP UP to build reserves for road and cart path repair. The County did not take the roads back. Also all new gate openers must be installed to comply with FEMA $$$ so they will be just like the rest of the villages... just need to push a button and your in.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Veteran member

By all means, rent for a bit and follow the very good advice that is in the posts above. At this point, I'd recommend that you consider Sumter County which is basically the area south of 466. I am not sure that I completely agree that the Villages has "bottomed out" because this place is very unique plus it's located in the Ocala region which is actually projected to have an increase in housing values (the only area in Florida to do this outside of Key West) in 2007 and 2008. Not that the increase is big, but it isn't crashing down like Sarasota and other areas. If you like what you find, then you should consider buying and renting the property until such time as you make the move. If you purchase wisely, i.e., a good property well located with some privacy and good views, you won't go wrong.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 07-26-2007, 07:16 AM
Sage

We visited once and bought!! Here is my reasoning: "We're not getting younger .. grab all the happiness you can while you're still healthy".

Don't wait until illness sidelines you to buy in the Villages. Don't be a nervous nelly, jump in! You can always sell if it doesn't work out for you.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:42 AM

We closed on our home last May and still are going back and forth still working up north you are making the right decision every time I have to leave TV it gets harder and harder Jan 1 will be full time good luck.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.