Lease Agreement Documents

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2012, 07:09 AM
Default Lease Agreement Documents

Good Morning, we just closed on our pre-owned villa this past week and although we love it here, sadly, it will be a few more years before we can spend more than a week or 2 here at time. We plan to rent it out and would grateful if any of you could point us in the right direction as to where we can locate a template for lease agreement documents etc. I would welcome any advice on your experience with management companies etc.
Thanks, Mary
Old 10-15-2012, 07:39 AM

If you do a search on "lease documents" I think you will find several discussions about sources.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalloway6 View Post
If you do a search on "lease documents" I think you will find several discussions about sources.
Thank you
Old 10-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Platinum member

Office Depot and Staples have them.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:54 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysajerseygirl View Post
Good Morning, we just closed on our pre-owned villa this past week and although we love it here, sadly, it will be a few more years before we can spend more than a week or 2 here at time. We plan to rent it out and would grateful if any of you could point us in the right direction as to where we can locate a template for lease agreement documents etc. I would welcome any advice on your experience with management companies etc.
Thanks, Mary
Hey Mary..........What section of Jersey?
Skip 2
Old 10-16-2012, 12:49 PM

Monmouth County, near Red Bank...you?
Old 10-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Born and raised in Wall Twp. Lived in Tinton Falls for 12 years and then married high school sweetheart after we met at our 40th class reunion. Moved to Brick and now we're here in Pennecamp.
Skip 2
Old 10-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Thanks, Mary
Try this website:
http://www.legalzoom.com/real-estate...-overview.html

Last edited by Indydealmaker; 10-16-2012 at 01:39 PM. Reason: correct link
Old 10-16-2012, 01:49 PM

I have had terrible experiences with Property Managers. They tend to take on too many customers and as a result don't look after your property or interests very well. I had a a particularily bad property manager the last time. When we arrived at our home, after the tenant had left, we found the place a total wreck. They had 2 dogs (not approved by us) in the house and although we have a large screened porch, they kept the dogs in the house all day, when they weren't home. As a result, animal stains on every area of our new carpeting in every room and animal stains on our sofa. In addition we had 4 broken lamps, graffiti on a wall and dresser, cigarette burns (this is a non-smoking rental) on the carpeting, bedspread, sheets, etc. Not to mention things that were missing. (towels, sheets, pillows, etc). We contacted the property manager, and she told us she had done a walk-thru after the tenant had left and it looked perfectly fine to her. (she could not have done a property inspection, or she would have seen all the damage. ) We told her that we needed to keep some of the security/damage deposit, but She had already given back the security/damage deposit to the tenant. We spent lots of mony and the next 2 months cleaning up the mess the tenant had made. Even had to have a wall painted where a child had drawn graffiti on. She was totally indignant that we had the nerve to complain. We have since parted company. This was the 4th property manager we had that has let us down. We are now managing the property ourselves, long distance. This way we have more control over who we rent to.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip2MySue View Post
Born and raised in Wall Twp. Lived in Tinton Falls for 12 years and then married high school sweetheart after we met at our 40th class reunion. Moved to Brick and now we're here in Pennecamp.
Skip 2
Small world. My brother lived in Tinton Falls.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 10-16-2012, 02:45 PM

My son lives in Rumson and we moved from Manahawkin
Old 10-16-2012, 04:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Tell us

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecrenshaw View Post
I have had terrible experiences with Property Managers. They tend to take on too many customers and as a result don't look after your property or interests very well. I had a a particularily bad property manager the last time. When we arrived at our home, after the tenant had left, we found the place a total wreck. They had 2 dogs (not approved by us) in the house and although we have a large screened porch, they kept the dogs in the house all day, when they weren't home. As a result, animal stains on every area of our new carpeting in every room and animal stains on our sofa. In addition we had 4 broken lamps, graffiti on a wall and dresser, cigarette burns (this is a non-smoking rental) on the carpeting, bedspread, sheets, etc. Not to mention things that were missing. (towels, sheets, pillows, etc). We contacted the property manager, and she told us she had done a walk-thru after the tenant had left and it looked perfectly fine to her. (she could not have done a property inspection, or she would have seen all the damage. ) We told her that we needed to keep some of the security/damage deposit, but She had already given back the security/damage deposit to the tenant. We spent lots of mony and the next 2 months cleaning up the mess the tenant had made. Even had to have a wall painted where a child had drawn graffiti on. She was totally indignant that we had the nerve to complain. We have since parted company. This was the 4th property manager we had that has let us down. We are now managing the property ourselves, long distance. This way we have more control over who we rent to.
Care to tell us who it is?
Old 10-16-2012, 06:07 PM

If you send me a private message I will be happy to tell you.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpinsly View Post
My son lives in Rumson and we moved from Manahawkin
Everybody is rushing to get the hell out of NJ and try and enjoy life before
it's too late
Skip 2
Old 10-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,310 Times in 544 Posts

You think NJ has problems (understand a number of States have issues) my home State Illinois has big big problems. I'm still a resident----but not rushing out. We have personal reasons for staying, however, "things" change and circumstances and situations "ebb and flow" so I would not write off NJ or Illinois or Michigan or California to name a few States with current issues and problems.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.