The least desirable areas in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2020, 06:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG111 View Post
Greetings-
The other day I asked about which areas here in The Villages where considered the most exclusive / desirable areas in The Villages and I received many positive responses.

I'm also interested in learning about the least desirable areas in The Villages.

I "personally" was not impressed with the dog park near Spanish Springs. It appeared neglected and most of the grass in the dog-park playing area is gone and only dirt remains which makes it a terrible area especially when the dirt turns to mud after a heav rain. Not sure why The Villages cant spent a few bucks and re-sod and clean the area.

Any suggestions appreciated.
The Paradise dog Park is heavily shaded. Grass will not grow there. The only undesirable neighborhoods are when you get the unfortunate draw of an obnoxious neighbor.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernrider75 View Post
Curious what village you live in. We are just now buying and have dogs. We bought in Monarch Grove.
Greetings-
We live near The Everglades Recreation Center and both dog parks which are in the southern section of The Villages by the Everglades Rec Center are lovely and I'm confident that your little ones will not be disappointed. Welcome to The Villages!!!
Old 09-29-2020, 08:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
If you already brought why would you care which areas are more or less????
Trying to determine whether or not it was the best decision? I don’t know about OP, but I’m learning a lot from this thread.
Old 09-30-2020, 02:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Way back when we were looking for our first home in The Villages a simple remark about Train Noise or something similar would be published once in a while. It jaded us against several Villages and I wish I had never seen those posts in a way.

People at one time ripped the houses on the other side of The Pike. Have you noticed how that has decreased enormously?

Less desirable areas of this operation either have a neighbor story or a buyer who didn't do their due diligence before buying. The real answer for the OP will have to be found by them on their own IMHO.

Last edited by Nucky; 09-30-2020 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-30-2020, 04:50 AM

Wow, not sure you asked the correct question, and if you did...the neighborhood you are looking for is not mine!
Old 09-30-2020, 05:30 AM
Veteran member

Several people say South of 44 is the most undesirable.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Greetings-
The other day I asked about which areas here in The Villages where considered the most exclusive / desirable areas in The Villages and I received many positive responses.

I'm also interested in learning about the least desirable areas in The Villages.

I "personally" was not impressed with the dog park near Spanish Springs. It appeared neglected and most of the grass in the dog-park playing area is gone and only dirt remains which makes it a terrible area especially when the dirt turns to mud after a heavy rain. Not sure why The Villages cant spent a few bucks and re-sod and clean the area.

The dog park is heavily used hence it's condition. I believe people like that it is shaded. Most TV dog parks are not.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:58 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
Several people say South of 44 is the most undesirable.
It’s awful down here, you people north of 44 stay where you are.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
Anywhere near a country club where apartments will be built. So far anywhere within view of The Tenements of Hacienda Hills.
Also within earshot of the trains or turnpike.
Also near a border road of The Villages where criminals can hop over the fence and escape quickly.
Legit question don’t know why the snarky responses
Welcome to the real world of pets, traffic, trains, and other people.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:12 AM

The Villages spend large sums of money on dog parks. Two were just closed for a few days for work and refurbishment. I believe the budget for the parks exceeds 200k. Owners are still responsible for picking up their dogs poop. Many don’t.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:18 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,862 Times in 785 Posts

Quote:
Greetings-

I "personally" was not impressed with the dog park near Spanish Springs. It appeared neglected and most of the grass in the dog-park playing area is gone and only dirt remains which makes it a terrible area especially when the dirt turns to mud after a heavy rain. Not sure why The Villages cant spent a few bucks and re-sod and clean the area.

While no one seems willing to say this, the “Historic Side” of The Villages across the highway from Spanish Springs is generally considered the least desirable. They were built with quite a different style of architecture, and perhaps a lower quality of construction, and a lot of them have carports instead of garages. They are older, and they haven’t all been as well kept-up.

On the other hand, they have a lot more mature trees and shade, and they tend to be substantially cheaper. I’ve talked to people who live there who say the people there are much more relaxed and have more fun together. Some have been there thirty years and are close-knit.

There are a lot of people here who have a bit of a fixation on “new” and figure that if their homes are older than eight or ten years old, they ought to buy a new one. I find this amusing, but so it goes. I’d say some of the best deals and lowest costs per square foot are in the Historic Side. Go on Zillow and have a look.

We all have our tastes. I like the idea of a courtyard with privacy and don’t like sitting on a back patio looking at neighbors across a little piece of grass. (It might be difficult if all those neighbors were my pals.) There are a number of variations in home layout by village to drive to set them apart from other villages. What is perfect for your furnishings or needs may differ from who someone else needs.

Last edited by MandoMan; 09-30-2020 at 06:24 AM.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:36 AM
Sage

This is a retirement community and folks come from ALL income levels. You could live next to a well-off person in the "historical side" where many of the homes are manufactured but that's changing---gradually. You could purchase in areas where "premier" homes are built but does that put you in THE most desireable area?? Not sure what your two posts mean. When I was growing up---our town had an area where many of the "professional" people lived---ie. doctors, lawyers, dentists, bankers etc. It had the reputation of being THE high end area, though there were people living there that didn't 'fit' in that description (by fit, I mean people labeling). I don't know of any special area here other than the "compound" where the developer and others live. As was suggested in the first thread you'd posted---perhaps you need to speak with someone in the sales and marketing office to determine "if" The Villages is a good fit for you. I will add that we're all created equal with each of us putting our clothing on, one leg at a time.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:48 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygolfer93 View Post
I have friends who are extremely sorry they bought near the high school. They knew all schools have traffic, and it was not a major thing for them, but NEVER did they even think about the sporting events of each of the seasons, with the BRIGHT lights on, the LOUD SPEAKERS announcing the plays of the game, etc. There are others who don't care, they simply stay off their lanai on game days and nights, they pull down the shades when the very bright lights shine into their bedroom, etc. Have some friends who had no idea how near their home was to busy railroad tracks, they are now used to waking up when the trains go through and don't even become fully awake, it's just a part of 3 a/m and they immediately go back to sleep. Others in the neighborhood have never gotten used to it, same for some whose homes back to the tennis or pickle ball courts. It drives some people nearly insane to hear the "plunk" of the balls beginning early in the morning, others are so used to it they can go back to sleep. Those are some places some (not all) people do not want to live by. Fire houses here are pretty much set apart (visually), but some neighbors are never able to adjust to the sirens that can of course go off at any hours. Some people do not mind at all living in the houses very close to the squares, others just can't bare that it is nearly every night of the year (before the virus of course, quiet now) and finally just move. Some are fine living on the golf courses, for others it is a constant irritation and sometimes there is an accident to a window, screen, roof, etc. It happens ! Some don't mind a location some distance from restaurants and stores, hardware, salons, etc. others want to be within a few blocks at most (in other words, a quick golf cart ride, not a car trip, to go to vet, dentist, etc. Choose carefully, and do what you have already done when you looked over the dog park and didn't like your first impression. If your home backs to a family rec center, and your retirement dream is not hearing the joyful laughing and screaming of children having fun, then that location would not be for you. If you are by a 21 and over neighborhood pool, you'll probably hear very little, if any, sounds. Others will probably be able to add other things you should look for an consider in accordance to YOU and YOUR personality and what you want to live with day to day. If people in your yard, looking for golf balls (even though it is clearly posted this is forbidden!), will keep you in a constant state of irritation or down right anger, why choose that location ? On the other hand, if you are the type to walk off your lanai, hand them a beer or lemonade, and help them look, then it would be a great place for you right on one of the courses. You'll make many friends and enjoy yourself and your home !
Very good summary!
Old 09-30-2020, 06:56 AM
Default Most desirable neighborhoods.

Quote:
Greetings-

Any well maintained neighborhood, with a house that meets your needs, with friendly neighbors is the most desirable. Just the opposite for least desirable.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:04 AM
Default Read...

Quote:
Greetings-

Read all the books on TV & then rent for a year. You will THEN make up your own mind...seek and thy shall find ~
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, areas, area, desirable, dirt

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.