Can you own more than one home in the villages?

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Default Can you own more than one home in the villages?

When we visited the Villages on the promo in 05 we were told that you could only own one home per person. Is this true? Tks
Old 02-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Sage
Default Re: Can you own more than one home in the villages?

zummy,

Many people own more than one property. I was in a conversation where this came up recently...apparently back in the heyday of the bull market in real estate (2005'ish) the Villages was discouraging investors from buying multiple properties. In a softer market, you don't hear about that limitation any longer.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,647 Times in 589 Posts

we were told that in May '06,

but I'd bet money talks,

they are trying to keep out the pure investors and flippers
Old 02-20-2008, 10:39 PM

I Think this is still America. I don't know how they ( whoever they are) can stop anyone
as long as the meet the criteria of someone over 55

=
Old 02-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Sage

I own two homes in TV. One was purchased Mar 06, and one Dec 06. I had no problem buying both homes. Had I sold house either house before owning them for one year,
I would not have been able to keep any profits. No problem. I bought at the top of the market on the home I have for sale. I have it FSBO for less than I have it it.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Samhass
I have no idea what you just said. However I at one time owned two homes .......To my knowledge(such as it is) you have to own a home one year before you can sell it .....people were buying and fliping and were in competition with the developer ...So he put a stop to it , Can't say as I blame him......
fumar
Old 02-21-2008, 04:00 AM
Gold member

There are rules and then there are rules. There are folks in our Village who bought a re-sale and before they moved in saw another re-sale in better location with more features (inground pool) and upgrades plus a more attractive larger lot, that they also bought. Now they own 2 homes in same Village and have had the original on the market for well over a year.

They purchased both homes from TV and thought TV would be more active in helping sell the first home. Market changed and TV started pushing new homes harder than re-sales. End result, they own 2 homes, pay two sets of amenity fees, trash pick up, etc. and have home FSBO for months with no action.

In times of high demand, TV would not sell individuals multiple homes. Did not want buyer flipping for higher price and competing with them. When TV had low inventory of new homes, they were very happy to sell more than one previously owned homes.

TV has been at this for more than 15 years and will do what is best for themselves during changing market situations.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:10 AM
Sage

Oh Hancle, you just nailed it. That's what I was saying, Fumar. Sorry my post was disjointed.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:42 AM
Veteran member

Our friends moved to TV back in "02" and purchased a Villa. Last year they purchased a much larger pre-owned home and kept the Villa too. They put the Villa in the rental program and have been very successful renting the property. No one from the Sales Office or the Rental office objected or told them they couldn't have more than one property. :dontknow:
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Old 02-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Sage

The developer may have more control in TV than usual but heck this is still America and where there is $ there is ALWAYS a way!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.