Leaving or Staying in TV

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2018, 03:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyvillager View Post
Reason for leaving TV: Getting too big.

Reason for staying: Can't find anything better.

Add you thoughts, try not to duplicate.
My reason for leaving is death.

My reasons for staying is:
1. No snow.
2. Grounds are kept immaculate.
3. Everything is done first class.
4. Lots to do as far as activities.
5. Everything runs like clockwork.
6. Friendly people and for those that are not , my word to them is "next".

I personally think the growth of TV doesn't affect most people that much. I know it doesn't bother me one bit but that's me.

You won't find a better run community in the world but your opinion is the only one that counts. If you think it's not for you, then it isn't.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 07-07-2018, 04:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
This is not intended to insult anybody's opinion. Liking a place or not is a very personal thing of course. I respect that.

But I've never completely understood the "too big" issue. It seems like, due to the nature of TV and all its amenities, and separation from the commercial areas, TV is only about as big as you choose to make it. You can keep occupied with plenty at local rec centers, the nearest square, walking, biking, etc. in your local area, without ever really going too far. For me the growth just adds more options, easily ignored if I choose.
Well said Polar Bear, wish I had written it! I think the number of new businesses coming onto 446a and surrounding areas is what has relieved the shopping congestion in my 466 area.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-07-2018, 06:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Some people confuse 'things that you miss' with things that would make you move. The summer heat, grandkids (which I have none), a job for those who work, these are things that may make you move. I don't have any of those.

I do have things I miss. There are 5 golf courses I rather be playing anyday than the ones here. I miss going in a restaurant and ordering a dozen steamed crabs. I miss turning on the news to hear Ravens Report or the latest updates from camp, hometown sports in general. I miss not being able to shop at the new Wegman's Grocery Store built across the street from my old home. I miss Box Hill Pizza and the best subs, pizza and crab cakes anywhere. I miss going down to Ocean City and walking the boardwalk and eating Thrasher's French Fries and Boog's BBQ. These are few that come to mind.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Do any of the television stations in Baltimore stream their newscasts live so you can watch the sports reports? A few of the Chicago television stations now stream their late afternoon/early evening and 10:00 pm news broadcasts. I can watch the Chicago news when visiting my dad in Iowa, or if I am working past 5:00 pm, watch the 5:00 pm weekday newscast on my smart phone.

Would that be Ocean City, Maryland? I loved visiting my aunt and uncle who lived in Silver Spring and owned a condo in Ocean City. My first time in the Atlantic Ocean was when I visited them when I was in college. Would love to get some crab cakes right now...
Old 07-07-2018, 07:04 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Why does TOTV still interest you, if you didn't like TV?
I got involved because I could not believe how misinformed the Villagers were about the hearing impaired and their lawsuit. Then ....well, as some of you said, it became addictive. It is nice hearing opinions of others about different things, and I have learned a lot of things.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Do any of the television stations in Baltimore stream their newscasts live so you can watch the sports reports? A few of the Chicago television stations now stream their late afternoon/early evening and 10:00 pm news broadcasts. I can watch the Chicago news when visiting my dad in Iowa, or if I am working past 5:00 pm, watch the 5:00 pm weekday newscast on my smart phone.

Would that be Ocean City, Maryland? I loved visiting my aunt and uncle who lived in Silver Spring and owned a condo in Ocean City. My first time in the Atlantic Ocean was when I visited them when I was in college. Would love to get some crab cakes right now...
With Directv I get MASN (Mid Atlantic Sports Network) which is Ravens and Orioles stuff. However, it's hard to always know when to tune in, but when you're in the local area sports coverage is usually wall-to-wall. I'm sure in Chicago the Cubs and Bears are always mentioned, or talked about, that's what I mean.

Yes, Ocean City Maryland, it's the best. 35 block boardwalk, 150 blocks of hotels, motels, condos and restaurants. I worked on the boardwalk in 1969 at a sub shop, never forgot that summer.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Old 07-08-2018, 06:35 AM

Here 2 1/2 years now. We love The Villages. God willing we are done with moving.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
Reason for leaving FL: Heat, too many grouches, the Kool Aide did not taste good.

Reason for not staying in FL: Heat, too many grouches, the Kool Aide did not taste good.
Heat? Cool in the pool. Use your AC. Grouches? Yes, of course, everyone looks grouchy until you make them smile. Change your drink. LOL

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 07-08-2018, 02:45 PM

Cresswind at Victoria Gardens - google it! Very nice!
Old 07-09-2018, 05:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruMar View Post
Here 2 1/2 years now. We love The Villages. God willing we are done with moving.
And we hope y’all never leave the loop!
Old 07-09-2018, 06:25 AM

Parking is impossible, roads are clogged, restaurants have lines, shopping is chaotic, and rec centers are filled … The Happy, carefree life as it used to be no longer exists in The Villages … should have stuck with the original decision and stayed north of 44 and let the Rohan Center be the finale.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

The "too big" issue has sorta gravitated to the level of the dog poop genre of posts.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:07 AM

Absolutely too big
TV has totally lost its charm
Sorry I bought here
Old 07-09-2018, 07:22 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The "too big" issue has sorta gravitated to the level of the dog poop genre of posts.

Agree. The reason TV is growing, and continues to grow, is because it's a great place to be. Congestion???......compared to other popular spots in Florida, TV is like an Express Lane. Mislead, Not Happy, The Grass is Greener..........good news, it's a sellers' market.

Old 07-09-2018, 07:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Everybody has there reasons for staying or leaving. Staying: What's not here that makes you want to leave, nobody has more to do. Reasons I've heard for people leaving: Getting to big, Going back to there old job, Want to be closer to the kids. Most places I've visited like the Villages, you pay for just about everything. For example, Robson Ranch, Texas. That's probably where I would go if I ever left The Villages!
Closed Thread

Tags
reason, leaving, staying, duplicate, add

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.