LED Fixture in Laundry room

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2023, 10:42 AM
Default Get some quotes

Looks like you have a few recommendations of electricians that can do this. I have used Pike’s a few times and was happy with their service. Though several suggest this job as dyi I would not advise doing electric yourself if you don’t know what to do or aren’t comfortable.
Old 03-14-2023, 11:18 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkgma View Post
Looks like you have a few recommendations of electricians that can do this. I have used Pike’s a few times and was happy with their service. Though several suggest this job as dyi I would not advise doing electric yourself if you don’t know what to do or aren’t comfortable.
We appreciate your recommendation to us here at Pike's. We are happy to help! 352-748-6251
Old 03-14-2023, 01:50 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

I have used Pikes several times and they were wonderful. I certainly would have an electrician do this.
Old 03-14-2023, 10:14 PM

Pike’s Electric. Reliable and priced fairly. They can supply all the components you would need to do the job right and to code!
Old 03-15-2023, 06:43 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Thank you so much for your recommendation! We are happy to help
Old 03-15-2023, 06:44 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerk View Post
Pike’s Electric. Reliable and priced fairly. They can supply all the components you would need to do the job right and to code!
Hi rogerk, we appreciate your recommendation and your business with Pike's. We are offering a special discount to those who see us on Talk of the Villages, so if you are in need of electrical work, give us a ring and mention our TOTV comments. Thanks again, - Casandra
Old 03-15-2023, 07:10 AM
Veteran member
Default LED BULBSi

I have 2 for sale, we changed the fixture to a flat panel LED that is snug to the ceiling. we have 1 in the laundry and 1 in the garage
Old 03-15-2023, 12:23 PM
Default You're missing out

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel200 View Post
As mentioned you can easily purchase an LED light that will plug into your current florescent fixture. But not all LED’s are the same. Some will work with your current ballast installed. Some require removal of the ballast. And some require some rewiring in the fixture. So you need to do some investigation before buying so that you know all the retrofit required. The easiest solution is an LED bulb that simply plugs in the florescent fixture and requires no fixture rewiring.

The LED bulbs typically use 25 to 40% less energy than a florescent. But the bulbs are much more expensive. I know LED’s claim long life, but that has not been my experience.

I considered changing the florescent in my washroom to LED … But decided against it. My washroom lights rarely are on more than 3 or 4 hours per day, and the energy savings would only be a few dollars per year.

All of the lights in my home are LED except for the florescent in the garage and washroom
I just changed out my garage florescent bulbs to a direct LED bulb. No ballast removed. What a difference. I went with a 65,000 Kelvin which is a daylight bulb. Bright and white light. Almost as bright as when the door is open on a sunny day. I do wish they had two fixtures, one on each side. I'm not a fan of a center located light. That's next weeks project.
Old 03-15-2023, 02:14 PM
Default Thanks for the great information,

I appreciate all the helpful comments here, and decided to have Pike’s do the job—and I am so pleased! They did a wonderful job on the LED lights, and a couple of other things I wanted done. I hope all the posters here know how helpful this has been. A big thanks to all!
Old 03-15-2023, 09:48 PM
Default Solar tube is the answer

We installed a solar tube. Daylight all day long. Of course cost is a considering factor.
Old 03-16-2023, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblwyr View Post
Does anyone know a person or company who can change out the fluorescent laundry room fixture for a LED, and also put a device in that will automatically light when I walk in the room? I could use a company that can do the whole job, including providing the fixture.
We used Mike Siegert. 513-885-0982
Old 03-16-2023, 07:33 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblwyr View Post
I appreciate all the helpful comments here, and decided to have Pike’s do the job—and I am so pleased! They did a wonderful job on the LED lights, and a couple of other things I wanted done. I hope all the posters here know how helpful this has been. A big thanks to all!
We are so glad we could help you with this project. Thanks again for trusting us and we look forward to future business if the opportunity presents itself. Thanks again, - Casandra with Pike's Electric
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Logo.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	97462  
Old 03-23-2023, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelh View Post
Grant Electric
Second vote for Grant. Solid work, friendly techs and they’re considerably cheaper than Pikes or Galaxy.

Hike naked, it adds color to your cheeks!
Old 03-23-2023, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,251 Times in 4,283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freehiker View Post
Second vote for Grant. Solid work, friendly techs and they’re considerably cheaper than Pikes or Galaxy.
I'll third Grant Electric. We used them for some inside and outside work and we were pleased with the work and the price...

-Tom Petty
Old 03-23-2023, 08:29 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 327 Posts

I’ve been considering replacing our fluorescent tubes with LEDs in our laundry room. I’m a DIYer so this would be simple.

We tend to leave that lamp on much of the day - between our kitchen and garage. It works fine and I have two extra bulbs if they go out. I simply cannot justify a reason to buy new LED bulbs and swap out.

Current light is perfectly bright enough. And a saving of 50% elec seems not worth the LED upgrade cost…
Closed Thread

Tags
fixture, room, led, company, laundry

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.