Leesburg Selling More Land to The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 11-23-2022, 07:49 PM
Veteran member

Let's see how many golf course they build out of that 500 acres. Folks down south are already having to go north to play.
Old 11-23-2022, 09:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGibson View Post
Let's see how many golf course they build out of that 500 acres. Folks down south are already having to go north to play.
So how many times a week do you “Go North to play golf? For you what is North. We travel to the farthest point north to south and any course in between, to play. We find the older one is the closer they stay to home. Guess we aren’t there yet.
Old 11-24-2022, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Since the turnpike is a north south road I assume that they mean east of the turnpike. Is this down off of 470?
The turnpike runs north and south but also east and west across the state, Ocala to Fort Lauderdale.
Old 11-24-2022, 06:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
So how many times a week do you “Go North to play golf? For you what is North. We travel to the farthest point north to south and any course in between, to play. We find the older one is the closer they stay to home. Guess we aren’t there yet.
Point being that they haven't had a consistent ratio of homes to golf courses as of late. There is so many more golf courses north of 466a to 44. I personally don't care and live next to Palmer where golf courses are plenty full but I run into many folks complaining about the lack of golf courses south of 466a.
I just wouldn't want to see a situation where golf courses become a real challenge to get tee times because of overcrowding because of lack of courses.
Old 11-24-2022, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,242 Posts

Quote:
Most recent updates of new golf in work and planned South of 44.

Continuing The Dream: Volume 15
Old 11-24-2022, 10:01 AM
Sage

Deleted duplicate post.
Old 11-24-2022, 10:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Point being that they haven't had a consistent ratio of homes to golf courses as of late. There is so many more golf courses north of 466a to 44. I personally don't care and live next to Palmer where golf courses are plenty full but I run into many folks complaining about the lack of golf courses south of 466a.
I just wouldn't want to see a situation where golf courses become a real challenge to get tee times because of overcrowding because of lack of courses.
Not correct.
Old 11-24-2022, 11:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
And why would they? Like it or not this area is growing. The developer has been here for 30 or so years. Has a vested interest in the success of The Villages and surrounding communities. If “The Developer” didn’t continue to build someone else would step in to fill the gap.

There aren’t too many outfits around that could handle the scope of what developing here entails. So you’d end up with a mishmash of disjointed communities by different developers resulting even more urban sprawl than we’re seeing now. At least with this developer we pretty much know what we’re going to get. We know the type of amenities that come with a new neighborhood.
The devil you know is better than the devil you don’t.
Truth...

Thank goodness they didn't stop after building the "Historic Section", or all those people complaining about the newer sections wouldn't have a place to live....

-Tom Petty
Old 11-24-2022, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Surely you're aware of the multiple championship and executive courses under construction and planned to be built south of 44, right?

-Tom Petty
Old 11-24-2022, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I see plenty of people heading south of 44 to play golf. Get over it. They all belong to everyone.
Old 11-24-2022, 12:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,071 Times in 2,743 Posts

Quote:
That’s why Southern Oaks is the most expensive Championship course despite being rather mediocre relative to most of the other courses. The supply demand balance is way different in the newer areas. And don’t fool yourself, the new championship golf planned will still result in a much lower ratio of golf holes to homes in the newer areas.
Old 11-24-2022, 12:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Most recent updates of new golf in work and planned South of 44.

Continuing The Dream: Volume 15

And yes, right now, we are low on championship courses down here, but not for long.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	HolesOfGolf.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	95854  
Old 11-24-2022, 06:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
My grandfather and father were avid golfers, we play 5 plus days a week, prior to retirement.

Our children, all medical, play when they visit TV, and rarely back home.

Only one grand plays golf, and that to stay level with the other med students. They are more interested in physical sports, long distance biking, running, and swimming. So no worries as herds thin, there will be more tee times available
Old 11-24-2022, 07:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,605 Times in 942 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Truth...

Thank goodness they didn't stop after building the "Historic Section", or all those people complaining about the newer sections wouldn't have a place to live....
Or anything to complain about.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
That's okay. It has been well documented that the current generations younger than boomers prefer walking paths, cycling, long distance running, and other individual cardio activities. That explains why The Developer is building more pathways and fewer golf courses in the growing and expanding areas of The Villages.

Golf is generally believed to be, overall, a dying activity. It will probably never die, but a significant waning has occurred in recent decades.

Is Golf A Dying Sport? [The Answer May Surprise You] – Prime Putters

Golf'''s Decline: 5 Reason Why Golf Is a Dying Sport | Money

While golf is enjoying a slight, pandenic-fueled resurgence, the overall trajectory has been significant decline, as illustrated in the graph below:

https://www.zippia.com/wp-content/up...-over-time.jpg
Chino 1960's to 1976, Torrance, CA 1976-1983, 87-91, 94-98 / Frederick Co., MD 1983-1987/ Valencia, CA 1991-1994/ Brea, CA 1998-2002/ Dana Point, CA 2002-2019/ Knoxville, TN 2019-Current/ FL 2022-Current
Closed Thread

Tags
leesburg, villages, selling, houses, expansion

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.