A Lefties Club---anyone, anyone?

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2015, 04:59 PM
Sage
Default A Lefties Club---anyone, anyone?

I'm left handed and this morning I played with someone else who is left handed. Even though I play almost everyday with strangers, playing with another lefty doesn't happen too often. Everytime I play with a lefty I ask them if they were ever in a foresome of lefties. The answer is always "no" with one exception.

I played with a lefty from Canada who is in a club of lefties. Some of them golf together.

Only a lefty or maybe the mom of a lefty [sorry dads] would understand that we are indeed different. We overcome a world of right handedness whether we realize it or not. They put us on first base, right field and hope we can pitch or box. Scissors hurt our thumbs until they made special ones. I have been seated in a special seat so that my left arm does not bump into anyone soup spoon [as if lefties have spastic left arms]. We are always translating directions. It goes on and on.

Just once I would like to be in a room full of lefties. Your right handed spouses can't come. I wonder what it would feel like. I wonder what we would talk about. I wonder what we have in common. I wonder if by nature, since we accommodate more than others we see thing differently. I know statistically we don't live as long.

Is there such a lefty club here? Is there any interest.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:24 PM
Veteran member

Be careful on this site mentioning " lefties". The righties will be out in hoards any minute now.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:10 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

I love your post!!! I agree, there are so many things we've gotten used to... like using a right-handed scissors. I also have to think about where I sit at a dinner table so that I don't "bump elbows" with a right-handed person.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:25 PM
Veteran member

This is interesting I'm left handed or as sometimes referred port sider and growing up I used my right hand a lot. I write left handed shoot a rifle left handed a hand gun right handed and bat a ball right handed.Ambidextrous I believe is the word is.I guess it would be interesting to talk to other people about how it was growing up.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:51 PM

I am left-handed and play tennis. It has happened more than once that I have been on a doubles court with three other lefties.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:01 PM

I am a lefty and I am always excited to find another left handed pickleball player. It is such a disadvantage to play a lefty and righty against 2 right handed players.
I would love to get together with other lefties and share stories about our experiences.
I write left, but golf, cut, and bat right handed.
We are a creative group
Old 02-01-2015, 07:31 PM

I'm left handed and I think a club for us would be a great idea. Its true that Unless your left handed you can not understand the problems we can encounter.
Let's be honest we are special and should honor that
Old 02-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

I'm right handed but play golf left handed; can I join?
Old 02-01-2015, 09:12 PM

I too play tennis. I serve right handed and am two handed on both sides with my ground strokes. Growing up, I just became, of necessity, pretty ambidextrous. Driving a stick shift helped. The nuns in grammar school always tried to make me right handed and I learned to protest and do what was right for me.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:20 PM
Veteran member

I'm left-handed but play golf right handed. That is because I'm left-eyed as well. And left-legged.

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 02-01-2015, 10:42 PM
Veteran member

I'm feeling LEFT out. ; )
Old 02-01-2015, 10:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandatime View Post
I'm left-handed but play golf right handed. That is because I'm left-eyed as well. And left-legged.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimandMe View Post
I'm feeling LEFT out. ; )
Hardee har har. We'll let you play if you can demonstrate one single thing you can do left-handed, how's that?

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 02-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryanna630 View Post
I too play tennis. I serve right handed and am two handed on both sides with my ground strokes. Growing up, I just became, of necessity, pretty ambidextrous. Driving a stick shift helped. The nuns in grammar school always tried to make me right handed and I learned to protest and do what was right for me.
My nuns were considered progressive. They told my mom that they would give me permission to write left handed. My cousin's nuns were not. He had to write right handed.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
I'm right handed but play golf left handed; can I join?
Sorry---
To me, hitting a baseball or swinging a golf club the opposite way is not that special and can be easily learned, especially when you are young. I don't think it's the same with throwing a ball or shooting a rifle. When you walk up a flight of stairs see which foot starts the flight. For me, it's always the left foot.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.