A Lefties Club---anyone, anyone?

Closed Thread
Old 02-02-2015, 10:48 PM
Sage

Maybe a club is too much.
Maybe a left handed meet and greet.

I just went to the Guinness Record Site. I was wondering if there is a category of the most amount of left handed people to gather together at one time.
I didn't see one and I don't know if one can be created. But I do know that there needs to be proof. Something that is measurable.

But if it could be done--it probably could be set here. Although I don't know where we could meet. There could be 10 to 15,000 left handed villagers that don't need to go to work. We could verify numbers with a sign in sheet. Officials would have to watch the signer both print their name and sign their name. There's the proof.

Food vendors will show up. There doesn't need to an admission fee or collection of any kind.

Maybe we can get Bubba Watson to make a speech or a video. Watson was born and raised in Bagdad, Florida, near Pensacola.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by tomwed; 02-03-2015 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:02 PM
Sage

I would give my left arm to be a leftie!
Old 02-02-2015, 11:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
I would give my left arm to be a leftie!
Then you'd always be right.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Then you'd always be right.
Exactly
Old 02-03-2015, 08:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I have a bad knee. Can we start a club for people who have a bad knee?
Old 02-03-2015, 08:50 AM

hey outlaw...sorry to hear about your bad knee. is it your right knee, your left knee or you wee knee?
Old 02-03-2015, 09:48 AM
Sage
Default Life of a lefty

I, too am a lefty. Ever try tearing off the sheet of plastic wrap or aluminum foil? It's made for right handed people. What a time I have trying to do this activity and what a mess I have when trying. My wrap is wripped to pieces!! I'm learning to turn the wrap box around and tear as a right handed person would. What about those measuring cups? Those too are made for right handed people as the measures are on one side of the cup. I write left handed but golf and use scissors right handed. To this day I have to stop and think about the letter "C" because I forget which way to write it. Must have been a confusing letter for me as a youngster. In school when we would play softball, nobody wanted me on their team because I put the baseball glove on my left hand when playing the outfield, and when I caught the ball I would have to take the glove off to throw the ball! By that time my opponents already had gained at least a base on me. So, being a lefty isn't has easy as one may think. However, it has made me more creative in my daily activities.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:06 AM

I'm a lefty also, and so is my wife! With about 10% of the population left handed, are there any statisticians out there who can tell me what the odds are of two lefties marrying?
Old 02-03-2015, 11:31 AM

I feel left out, but right with the world.
Do you make "3" using your last 3 fingers or 3 by holding down your pinky with your thumb?
I, too lead left, look left, shoot left, but it's all right
Old 02-03-2015, 11:42 AM

I throw and swing left-handed, but I write and bowl right-handed. As a plumber that swings a wrench on a regular basis, I have the advantage of equal strength in both arms. That comes in handy when I'm in a cabinet underneath a customer's sink. I always thought I was little strange, but after reading the other posts I'm pretty normal!

Racine, WI
Elk River, MN
not there yet, but we're working on it - The Villages, FL
Old 02-03-2015, 12:25 PM
Sage

I'm Ambidextrous which sometimes presents problems, like in tennis. I don't play a lot of tennis but when I do I sometimes can't make up my mind which hand to use.

In baseball, I bat righty. When I'm in the outfield, I feel more comfortable catching with my gloved left hand. But then I want to throw with my left and I can't because I have a glove on.

If someone starts a club for lefties I'll come because I don't want to be LEFT-out.

Here's a question for the club: Do lefties tend to be lefties in other ways?
Old 02-03-2015, 02:19 PM
Gold member

I think that the ACLU would sue the club to permit righties in.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:42 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandatime View Post
I'm left-handed but play golf right handed. That is because I'm left-eyed as well. And left-legged.
You are a funny girl
Old 02-03-2015, 02:51 PM
Sage
Default Lefty/righty....righty/lefty???

Not to hijack this thread, but it seems that left handed people are able to perform activities with their right hand as well. I'm curious as to how many right handed people can do activities with their left hand? It has been my experience that right handed people do not have the same flexibility with using both hands as left handed people do.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrprok View Post
I'm a lefty also, and so is my wife! With about 10% of the population left handed, are there any statisticians out there who can tell me what the odds are of two lefties marrying?
hmmmmmm....
I know there are more left handed boys than girls. Do you have children? My grandmother was left handed. I'm the only one on both sides and my kids are righty's. I love them anyway and pretend they are normal.

Last edited by tomwed; 02-03-2015 at 05:40 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.