Lemon clothes washer

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2015, 10:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

It is a device that you put between the washer and the cold water faucet that infuses the water with O3 (ozone). The claim is that you can now wash your clothes with cold water and no detergent. Ozone is highly reactive and that characteristic is used to clean your clothes. I googled it and have no other experience/knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What did I miss? This washer doesn't use soap?

OMG
Old 02-12-2015, 09:34 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What did I miss? This washer doesn't use soap?

OMG
It is all about the smell for me. I hate the smell of detergent. It might not remove stains very well, but that has always been a problem. My frontload washer at home would get a musty smell. After 2 uses with Pure Wash the smell is gone and hasn't returned. Nothing better than the smell of fresh sheets on the bed!
Old 02-12-2015, 07:13 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
The last technician stood before the washer with the third set of identical replacement parts and said " putting these parts in will not fix the problem. "it is a Samsung and you have what you have"... Ours is a glass to, so we can easily what the washer is doing inside and at times after the wash has finished, there are dry spots on the clothing. Yes there are several washers that have the old style agitators.
We received information from SAMSUNG that they will not refund our purchase price for the washer. Keep in mind that this washer is less than four months old. Our complaint to SAMSUNG that at times there are dry spots on the clothing even after the washer has gone thru the full wash cycle seems to be of no concern to SAMSUNG. I advise all readers to not buy a SAMSUNG washer. Home Depot has also opted out of the situation and will not resolve the problem.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

About washers leaving dry spots on clothing after the wash cycle is completed.....

I read many reviews on the Maytag Bravos top loader HE washer and found that this problem was due to an installation issue. There is something that must be done by the installing technician to make these machines work properly. Many people complained of their clothes not getting completely wet. One person who had this issue had a repairman fix the problem by doing something to the machine that should have been done during the installation. Problem fixed. I wish I could tell you what it is that much be done during installation but I can't remember what it is.

Last edited by coffeebean; 02-13-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Warren, maybe if you take coffeebean's idea and search the Maytag reviews, you will find a fix for your Samaung.

Other than that, did you put the washer on a credit card? You may have recourse through the cc company.

It's so bad when a company won't stand behind their product, or even admit there is a problem with it. Good luck.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:28 AM
Sage
Smile

I did some internet searches this morning and found this you tube video on how to adjust the water in a Samsung washer. It's pretty detailed and worth watching as he eventually shows you how to adjust by just turning a screw.

Hope this helps. I can't imagine the frustration you must feel and hope I can help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9sySGXiGZA
Old 02-13-2015, 07:47 AM
Gold member

Here is a video that shows at least two water limiters, with one being a plastic plug inside a water line coming in at hose connector.

Don't try this stuff yourself! But this does show where some of the problems are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gYXdfg9TFg

Old 02-13-2015, 04:48 PM
Gold member
Default Final Act

[QUOTE=CFrance;1011611]Warren, maybe if you take coffeebean's idea and search the Maytag reviews, you will find a fix for your Samaung.

Other than that, did you put the washer on a credit card? You may have recourse through the cc company.

It's so bad when a company won't stand behind their product, or even admit there is a problem with it. Good luck.[/Q

Today, my wife ( fantastic lady) did a load of two sheets and two pillow cases and took photos thru the entire wash cycle. By the way we will be happy to share these photos with anyone thinking of buying a top load SAMSUNG washer. The photos clearly show the top sheets never getting wet nor rotating down thru the water as the technician says they should do. My wife took the photos to Home Depot and talked with management. The lady agreed that the top of the load didn't appear to get wet or change from top to bottom position even after 12 minutes (photo of clock) of the wash cycle has elapsed. But then went on to say that this is the way these new energy saving washers are supposed to work . Duh ??? Home Depot after a lot of pressure offered a deal. We don't like it but will probably take their offer. We will have to pay a 15% restocking fee and a $79.00 pick up fee. This SAMSUNG washer, only three and a half months will cost us $180.00..
I do plan to look into Coffeebean's suggestion. We consumers apparently are giving up having clean clothing in the name of saving water and electricity.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:01 PM

I have a top load Samsung model WA400PJHDWR washing machine and top rated by consumer reports. It does a great job in cleaning clothes using HE Tide pods and never had a problem with the level of water, agitation, etc. Maybe its the model type or the installation??
Old 02-13-2015, 07:04 PM
Sage

[quote=Warren Kiefer;1011901]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Warren, maybe if you take coffeebean's idea and search the Maytag reviews, you will find a fix for your Samaung.

It's so bad when a company won't stand behind their product, or even admit there is a problem with it. Good luck.[/Q

Today, my wife ( fantastic lady) did a load of two sheets and two pillow cases and took photos thru the entire wash cycle. By the way we will be happy to share these photos with anyone thinking of buying a top load SAMSUNG washer. The photos clearly show the top sheets never getting wet nor rotating down thru the water as the technician says they should do. My wife took the photos to Home Depot and talked with management. The lady agreed that the top of the load didn't appear to get wet or change from top to bottom position even after 12 minutes (photo of clock) of the wash cycle has elapsed. But then went on to say that this is the way these new energy saving washers are supposed to work . Duh ??? Home Depot after a lot of pressure offered a deal. We don't like it but will probably take their offer. We will have to pay a 15% restocking fee and a $79.00 pick up fee. This SAMSUNG washer, only three and a half months will cost us $180.00..
I do plan to look into Coffeebean's suggestion. We consumers apparently are giving up having clean clothing in the name of saving water and electricity.
I surely don't understand the restocking fee for a defective product. Hope they don't sell it to someone else.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:59 PM
Gold member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I did some internet searches this morning and found this you tube video on how to adjust the water in a Samsung washer. It's pretty detailed and worth watching as he eventually shows you how to adjust by just turning a screw.

Hope this helps. I can't imagine the frustration you must feel and hope I can help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9sySGXiGZA
Thank you so much. I will investigate farther tomorrow. If such a adjustment is possible. I wonder why one of the four technician service men did not do it.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:08 PM
Gold member

[quote=jnieman;1011995]
Quote:

I surely don't understand the restocking fee for a defective product. Hope they don't sell it to someone else.
Home Depot and Samsung both claim there is nothing wrong with our washer even though we provided time lapse photos showing a portion of the small load never becoming wet. They also stated with a straight face that a normal sized comforter could be washed in the 5 inches of water. Surely they know this is not true.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:12 PM
Gold member

[quote=jnieman;1011995]
Quote:

It is just another ploy to make it more difficult for us. You are right, there should not be a restocking fee. In the past three years I have paid Home Depot more than 12 thousand dollars for major home improvement products. I need the rethink shopping there in the future.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:34 AM
Gold member

Sears in Summerfield, having Kenmore and Whirlpool, is good.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:43 PM
Veteran member

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio top loader HE washer. I couldn't get used to the idea of no agitator, low water levels and about 2 TBS of liquid detergent, but I can honestly say I've had no problems with the machine. The clothes/blankets/pillows are always clean when removed. The machine does get a little funky smelling after about 6 months, so I do a hot wash with about 2 cups of white vinegar and it's fine.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.