Lemon clothes washer

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2015, 03:39 PM

I'm enjoying this topic. Next time I plan to buy the biggest, most energy inefficient washer I can find. I can't stand these pretty things that don't work.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:40 PM
Gold member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I did some internet searches this morning and found this you tube video on how to adjust the water in a Samsung washer. It's pretty detailed and worth watching as he eventually shows you how to adjust by just turning a screw.

Hope this helps. I can't imagine the frustration you must feel and hope I can help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9sySGXiGZA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
Here is a video that shows at least two water limiters, with one being a plastic plug inside a water line coming in at hose connector.

Don't try this stuff yourself! But this does show where some of the problems are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gYXdfg9TFg

Thanks to both of you for the help. I did go the web sites and got a few ideas. The first solution did work but it requires a lot manipulation. The second that I plan to try is to manually make some adjustments to the water sensor. But I do applaud you both for a job well done. I was able to get tons of information from the web site and also was comforted that I now know hundreds have experienced the same problem with a Samsung washer. It did raise the question that since four technicians had come to my home, none offered the solutions shown in the video.

:BigApplaus e:
Old 02-15-2015, 12:53 PM
Gold member
Smile

[QUOTE=BobandMary;1012434]I'm enjoying this topic. Next time I plan to buy the biggest, most energy inefficient washer I can find. I can't stand these pretty things that don't work.[/QUO

Most of these problems started years ago and came from two areas. First it was government energy saving regulations, secondly it was the manufacturers competing with each other to sell more appliances that supposedly save more energy. All of this was done without any consideration of the consumer getting a well made and efficient appliance. As to clothes washers, the consumer actually lost efficiency and the cost of washing clothes has in fact risen. I today's machines the amount (load) recommended is about one fourth as the older agitator machines our parents used ( you figure it out)...... There is one company SPEED QUEEN, that is totally USA made and has the mechanic of those older type washers.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[quote=Warren Kiefer;1012996]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobandMary View Post
I'm enjoying this topic. Next time I plan to buy the biggest, most energy inefficient washer I can find. I can't stand these pretty things that don't work.[/QUO

Most of these problems started years ago and came from two areas. First it was government energy saving regulations, secondly it was the manufacturers competing with each other to sell more appliances that supposedly save more energy. All of this was done without any consideration of the consumer getting a well made and efficient appliance. As to clothes washers, the consumer actually lost efficiency and the cost of washing clothes has in fact risen. I today's machines the amount (load) recommended is about one fourth as the older agitator machines our parents used ( you figure it out)...... There is one company SPEED QUEEN, that is totally USA made and has the mechanic of those older type washers.
We bought a brand new Maytag three years ago with a biggum capacity and ordinary settings. Nothing energy saving on it at all that I can see. There are still choices.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.