Lemon clothes washer

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Gold member
Smile Lemon clothes washer

I am hoping the site manager will not move this post to the business section as they did previously. I am seeking others that have had problems with low water levels in their SAMSUNG washer. The water level sensors have been replaced 3 times, but no matter how large or small the load of clothing, we only get 5 inches of water. At times some of the clothing never gets wet.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:38 PM
Platinum member

We have a Samsung washer and dryer, about 15 months old, and have had no problems.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:54 PM
Sage
Default Not enough water

I have a L G washer and I think the water level is way too low. I have to put all of my clothes on a "normal" cycle and push the "extra water" feature. This seems to help. I always feel like I'm wasting energy because some of my clothes could go on the "30 minute" cycle if the water level were better. The normal cycle runs 50 minutes. It's a shame these front loaders work like this.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,505 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
I am hoping the site manager will not move this post to the business section as they did previously. I am seeking others that have had problems with low water levels in their SAMSUNG washer. The water level sensors have been replaced 3 times, but no matter how large or small the load of clothing, we only get 5 inches of water. At times some of the clothing never gets wet.

We need feedback please - on a Samsung washer/dryer combination
Old 02-10-2015, 11:10 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
I have a L G washer and I think the water level is way too low. I have to put all of my clothes on a "normal" cycle and push the "extra water" feature. This seems to help. I always feel like I'm wasting energy because some of my clothes could go on the "30 minute" cycle if the water level were better. The normal cycle runs 50 minutes. It's a shame these front loaders work like this.
Washing clothes in a pint of water is not "washing" in my book. People need to boycott these expensive "water saver" front loaders and go back to the tried and true, traditional top loaders at half the price to show the dissatisfaction with the front loaders. Another complaint I hear from friends all the time is how mildew stink grows in the big rubber gasket at the bottom inside of the door unless they clean it meticulously every time when finished washing.

Our plain vanilla, top-loader GE washer that came with the CYV built in 2007 is a hardworking machine running every day, and it spins the clothes almost dry. We'll run it till it croaks and then try to find a good top loader by Whirlpool.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:53 PM
Veteran member

Warren, have the technicians admitted it's in fact a flaw? I kind of assumed that's what we're stuck with now.

I have a LG high efficiency top loader and hate that there's so little water. I might as well put my clothes in a bucket, dampen them, and slowly rotate the bucket back and forth a quarter turn. The washer has no agitation to speak off, which I can see because of the clear glass top. I end up running each load twice, each time with the extra rinse setting.

If anyone still makes them when I need a replacement, I'm going back to a regular, inexpensive top loader with a full size agitator! Maybe even one with a wringer.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I am appalled at what a terrible job our agitatorless washer does compared to my 16-year-old front loader up north. So wish I had brought it down. It used more water than those today and actually got the clothes clean.

Warren, good luck. I'm ditching mine for a normal agitator soon. You might want to do the same.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
We have a Maytag Bravo washer and had the same problem. I couldn't imagine washing clothes in such little water. I did find a couple of cycles on the machine that will run the clothes in enough water. On our machine the "hand wash" cycle and the "bulk" cycle run with the normal amount of water. The "normal" cycle and other cycles do not. So I use the hand cycle for most everything except towels and sheets which I use the bulk cycle for. It works well and does not beat up the clothes. I hope this will help even though you have a different machine perhaps you have similar cycles on your machine.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:50 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,103 Times in 1,336 Posts

If you really want clean clothes that smell great look at Pure Wash for your washing machine. NO more soap, only cold water! I have it at home and here. Give it a look.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member

We have had a Kenmore front loader for 10 years and have been quite happy with it. It does use very little water but the clothes always come out clean. I have no experience with the current generation of front loaders. The rubber gasket can grow mildew unless you leave the door open a crack after the washer is used so that it can dry. It took us a bit of time to figure that out. Overall, I don't see it as a big problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
Washing clothes in a pint of water is not "washing" in my book. People need to boycott these expensive "water saver" front loaders and go back to the tried and true, traditional top loaders at half the price to show the dissatisfaction with the front loaders. Another complaint I hear from friends all the time is how mildew stink grows in the big rubber gasket at the bottom inside of the door unless they clean it meticulously every time when finished washing.

Our plain vanilla, top-loader GE washer that came with the CYV built in 2007 is a hardworking machine running every day, and it spins the clothes almost dry. We'll run it till it croaks and then try to find a good top loader by Whirlpool.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I am intrigued and googled it. I found a review on Consumer Reports. They indicated that it wasn't so good at removing stains (they tried mud, blood, grass, chocolate, etc.). They also estimated that the break even point (how long it would take to recover the cost of the unit by not having to buy detergent) was at about 8 years. Have you seen good results on non-stained clothes and perhaps use detergent on clothes with bad stains? Any other feedback you can share?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
If you really want clean clothes that smell great look at Pure Wash for your washing machine. NO more soap, only cold water! I have it at home and here. Give it a look.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
I am intrigued and googled it. I found a review on Consumer Reports. They indicated that it wasn't so good at removing stains (they tried mud, blood, grass, chocolate, etc.). They also estimated that the break even point (how long it would take to recover the cost of the unit by not having to buy detergent) was at about 8 years. Have you seen good results on non-stained clothes and perhaps use detergent on clothes with bad stains? Any other feedback you can share?

What did I miss? This washer doesn't use soap?

OMG
Old 02-11-2015, 08:50 AM
Gold member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
Warren, have the technicians admitted it's in fact a flaw? I kind of assumed that's what we're stuck with now.

I have a LG high efficiency top loader and hate that there's so little water. I might as well put my clothes in a bucket, dampen them, and slowly rotate the bucket back and forth a quarter turn. The washer has no agitation to speak off, which I can see because of the clear glass top. I end up running each load twice, each time with the extra rinse setting.

If anyone still makes them when I need a replacement, I'm going back to a regular, inexpensive top loader with a full size agitator! Maybe even one with a wringer.
The last technician stood before the washer with the third set of identical replacement parts and said " putting these parts in will not fix the problem. "it is a Samsung and you have what you have"... Ours is a glass to, so we can easily what the washer is doing inside and at times after the wash has finished, there are dry spots on the clothing. Yes there are several washers that have the old style agitators.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
The last technician stood before the washer with the third set of identical replacement parts and said " putting these parts in will not fix the problem. "it is a Samsung and you have what you have"... Ours is a glass to, so we can easily what the washer is doing inside and at times after the wash has finished, there are dry spots on the clothing. Yes there are several washers that have the old style agitators.

I have learned that the more bells and jingles on appliances the more problems you have.

In washers I go for BIG capacity. AND I always add TIDE.

Gracie from Cincinnati home of Proctor and Gamble.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:55 AM
Dancing Thyme

I had the same problem with a front loading washer that I bought here at Sears when I moved into my home. I wanted a front loader to wash quilts (which I do often because of my dawgs) and avoid going to a laundromat. However, I agree with Warren, there were many dry spots on the quilts because of a low water level and many times, the quilts still had spots on them when the wash was finished.

Called Sears, they sent a repairman, he said nothing was wrong with the washer and that the water saving system was working properly. I called Sears and said will you take it back and give me a top loader, extra large capacity? Yes, they did and I've been happy with it for 6 years. I love working with Sears.

PS, I still have to go to the laundromat once a month, but its worth it for nice clean quilts.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.