Less snarkiness with names

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2020, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The suggestion is fine.
It of course has certain associated risks, which for the most part can be mitigated with common sense.
Ahhhh ….. common sense. The most uncommon thing in the world.
Old 03-10-2020, 06:14 AM
Sage

Then there are those who are attributed to having being rude...but are not. I think abitrarily jumping to conclusions on what someone meant without maybe a P.M. to them would suffice.

I know of some folks who have left ToTV because they were misunderstood with comments they've shared. Friends of mine, whose faces I know as well as their names. Some others would say they'd never have an account here due to the snarkiness. Now, I personally think ToTV is tame compared to some links I've seen online. Our whole culture seems to be less than polite and I wonder if it's due to technology or what the heck is going on.
Old 03-10-2020, 06:15 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,809 Times in 756 Posts

Just an observation. Many complain about "snarky" or "mean" posts, but still return consistently. Makes one think that they might be afflicted with an addiction. On the other hand, one's disagreeing with another does not necessitate a derisive response. It can just be a disagreeing view. Perhaps some take a disagreeing view as being mean or bullying and take it personal because another does not share their same view?
Old 03-10-2020, 06:30 AM

Of course....the problem with social media is people hide their identity so they can be mean. For that reason I have stop almost all forums because people are just mean. It’s sad
Old 03-10-2020, 06:40 AM

go to " the villages friendly folks" facebook page. Snarky, rude, mean is not allowed and the people are deleted from the group if they do that. It is patrolled all the time by the administrator ( Angie Fox) and she takes no prisoners.
Old 03-10-2020, 06:51 AM

Well, do you want the truth are do you want politically correct responses. Seems to me people should be permitted to reply without fear of reprisal and in today's world to hear the truth, there should be some identity protection.

Last edited by allsport; 03-10-2020 at 06:52 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-10-2020, 06:58 AM

Some people deserve to be ignored. That is what I do to snarky.
Old 03-10-2020, 07:39 AM

put your name and address out there and find out. blast!
Old 03-10-2020, 07:41 AM

Could very well be
Cowards lash out anonymouslyThe world is full of them and always will be get used to it it’s not going away
Old 03-10-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinganimals View Post
I know I am going to get blasted with this post, just as all posts do but I wonder if there would be less people being snarky and rude and downright mean if we had our names and village as our username instead of hiding behind a made up username.
We can always ignore the rude remark. Replying to a snarky or rude post&comment just makes it worse. Plus I thought there is an Admin in this blog, no? Btw, lovinganimals is not your real name, is it? Just kidding.. My username is my real name... :-) And yet it won’t stop me from making a rude comment if I want to.. It’s all about manners and etiquette.. -myk
Old 03-10-2020, 12:19 PM

Hi Terri TVG!! Yes lunch!! It's been 3 or 4 years!

Last edited by lovinganimals; 03-10-2020 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykvalentin View Post
We can always ignore the rude remark. Replying to a snarky or rude post&comment just makes it worse. Plus I thought there is an Admin in this blog, no? Btw, lovinganimals is not your real name, is it? Just kidding.. My username is my real name... :-) And yet it won’t stop me from making a rude comment if I want to.. It’s all about manners and etiquette.. -myk
Hi! No, lovinganimals is not my real name but I did post it in the comments after asked. I dont mind because I'm not on here to make rude comments, I actually like people lol! I just hate to read innocent posts that are twisted to make the OP sound dumb or ignorant. It's a shame
Old 03-10-2020, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Just an observation. Many complain about "snarky" or "mean" posts, but still return consistently. Makes one think that they might be afflicted with an addiction. On the other hand, one's disagreeing with another does not necessitate a derisive response. It can just be a disagreeing view. Perhaps some take a disagreeing view as being mean or bullying and take it personal because another does not share their same view?
Yes I understand what you are saying but I'm talking about totally innocent posts. For example someone posted about a bobcat attacking a duck nest near her yard. And to that, some posts were made about the bobcat having a good lunch or whatever. This person obviously cares about nature and animals. That response was totally unnecessary. So it's not politics or opinions I am against, it's just people being unkind.
Old 03-10-2020, 01:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I have been an advocate for abolishing anonymous posts for years. It would seem that a majority of online posters don't have the courage of their convictions.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:46 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,134 Times in 322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Mine is Mark Morris.
That is unbelievably funny....
Closed Thread

Tags
username, names, hiding, village, made

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.