Let the carnage begin.....

Closed Thread
Old 12-25-2016, 08:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
All true, but there is a much better chance that a golfer with a half reasonable handicap knows etiquette than those that have never been on a real course before. I don't play exec courses either, but I can only imagine they resemble the lunar landscape.
I have a higher handicap, but I know how to take care of the course. I fill my divots, repair my ball makes plus one or two others, and rake out bunkers. I did not need to attend the good golf school to do this. Low or high handicap, exec or championship course, it comes down to the player's respect for the course and others.
Old 12-25-2016, 10:32 PM
Default Carnage on the Golf Course

Methinks a Golf Course is a perfectly good waste of a good Rifle Range.. Perhaps we should convert a few...
Old 12-25-2016, 11:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
I have a higher handicap, but I know how to take care of the course. I fill my divots, repair my ball makes plus one or two others, and rake out bunkers. I did not need to attend the good golf school to do this. Low or high handicap, exec or championship course, it comes down to the player's respect for the course and others.
Perhaps I should have proposed x years of golfing experience rather than a random handicap. The idea was to avoid rank beginners if they have no idea of golf etiquette.
Old 12-25-2016, 11:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Does everything have to be to the letter of the law? GE, I take it as a wonderful sense of humor. No violence or Ice Picks, Fireworks, Sidearms, just some locker room humor from an avid golfer. Oh I forgot locker room humor doesn't go over to well anymore! I love it. Keep it coming.
Old 12-25-2016, 11:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by m103619 View Post
Methinks a Golf Course is a perfectly good waste of a good Rifle Range.. Perhaps we should convert a few...
Methinks a Golf Course is a perfectly good waste of a dog park. Kidding of course! Too many gators in the ponds.
Old 12-26-2016, 05:03 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Love Of The Game

The nice thing about this stage in my life coupled with living in The Villages is that I can play golf about as much as I want or not. I have a choice from a number of championship and executive courses. The game is really now a game and as such I dropped maintaining my handicap altogether along the way

I seldom ever keep score on the executive courses but still play by the rules of golf . I walk the executive courses and carry a bag for exercise. i enjoy listening to the birds feeling the breeze on my face chatting with guys i often meet at the first tee.

Sometimes the course is not what it should be but its a course. Courses like human beings should be taken as you find them

Of late the executive courses have been in good shape. I play with guys who play at all skill levels but understand the prominent point is that we share the love of the game together.

But mostly for me its the thrill when at some point I will succeed and strike the pure shot.
Old 12-26-2016, 05:57 AM
Sage

Better yet a Trap,Skeet or a sporting clays range
Old 12-26-2016, 07:56 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Sad, but now they will be back on the executive courses....
Old 12-26-2016, 07:59 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The nice thing about this stage in my life coupled with living in The Villages is that I can play golf about as much as I want or not. I have a choice from a number of championship and executive courses. The game is really now a game and as such I dropped maintaining my handicap altogether along the way

I seldom ever keep score on the executive courses but still play by the rules of golf . I walk the executive courses and carry a bag for exercise. i enjoy listening to the birds feeling the breeze on my face chatting with guys i often meet at the first tee.

Sometimes the course is not what it should be but its a course. Courses like human beings should be taken as you find them

Of late the executive courses have been in good shape. I play with guys who play at all skill levels but understand the prominent point is that we share the love of the game together.

But mostly for me its the thrill when at some point I will succeed and strike the pure shot.
Well said. The executive courses are a great walk and I enjoy the many people I meet.
Old 12-26-2016, 12:09 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Back to OP'S original post, I agree golf etiquette is really lacking by too many golfers in The Villages. Of course, golf should be fun and for most of us who no longer play "competitive golf" it's a high priority. However, there is no excuse for not fixing ball marks, raking traps, filling divots and practicing golfing etiquette as we have fun playing golf here in The Villages. And don't forget to play "ready up" golf so we can all have fun. Fore!
Old 12-26-2016, 12:34 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Well said. The executive courses are a great walk and I enjoy the many people I meet.
Hi Bay Kid: Went out this morning for my 9 hole walk and greeted the grass, hello grass, hello trees, hello birds, hello sun and oh the aroma of freshly sprayed fertilizer.

One could be in church and thinking about playing golf or out playing golf thinking about God
Old 12-26-2016, 12:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Back to OP'S original post, I agree golf etiquette is really lacking by too many golfers in The Villages. Of course, golf should be fun and for most of us who no longer play "competitive golf" it's a high priority. However, there is no excuse for not fixing ball marks, raking traps, filling divots and practicing golfing etiquette as we have fun playing golf here in The Villages. And don't forget to play "ready up" golf so we can all have fun. Fore!
Thank you---exactly my point from the beginning until the psychics descended and read more into it than there ever was
Closed Thread

Tags
divots, row, tee, green, begin

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.