Lets band together and cut the ties

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2015, 06:02 PM
Gold member
Default Lets band together and cut the ties

Tomorrow night Rocky and The Rollers are playing in Brownwood. Lets band together and cut the ties on the chairs. Let the savers stop us. Won't happen.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:14 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
Tomorrow night Rocky and The Rollers are playing in Brownwood. Lets band together and cut the ties on the chairs. Let the savers stop us. Won't happen.
If it not going to affect you personally, just let it go.

If you get there and there are seats tied together AND there is no place for you to sit - go right ahead and cut a tied chair loose for you and your date.

However, plan ahead! You KNOW Brownwood will be mobbed that night with families here for Easter.

Snowbirds and very crowded conditions will be gone very soon.

WHY GO LOOKING FOR TROUBLE?
Old 04-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Gold member

Not looking for trouble. There are several threads about this and everyone is complaining but not doing anything about it. Sign petitions, complain all you want but commenting on TOTV is useless.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:29 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,772 Times in 512 Posts

Quote:
Not looking for trouble. There are several threads about this and everyone is complaining but not doing anything about it. Sign petitions, complain all you want but commenting on TOTV is useless.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

No doubt most moved here under the total belief that things like this would be promptly handled. Unfortunately as with most problems the silence from the Villages Management is deafening. Now it has escalated to the point there could possibly be verbal if not physical confrontations as a result of this issue not that there hasn't been already. We and most we know hardly ever go and never go to the squares when there is a popular group there due to this issue.

The silence from the Villages Management that could easily fix this continues. I think we were duped thinking into these type things would not be a problem but are left with the reality that the Villages will do basically nothing.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Peace.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
If it not going to affect you personally, just let it go.

If you get there and there are seats tied together AND there is no place for you to sit - go right ahead and cut a tied chair loose for you and your date.

However, plan ahead! You KNOW Brownwood will be mobbed that night with families here for Easter.

Snowbirds and very crowded conditions will be gone very soon.

WHY GO LOOKING FOR TROUBLE?
I agree with Sandtrap. I hate the seat-saving as much as the next guy, but we don't need organized groups of "rope-cutters" running amuk. LOL Give it a couple more weeks and all will be forgotten until next year.

(P.S. that is not a slam against seasonal residents...it's just that the "high season" is the only time this seems to be an issue).
Old 04-02-2015, 07:54 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Despite the belief things don't matter to some and not all, complaints should be expressed on the villages resident survey on matters. I use the survey to voice my concerns as well as things I'm pleased with. I feel better doing so.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:23 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepingItReal View Post

Now it has escalated to the point there could possibly be verbal if not physical confrontations as a result of this issue not that there hasn't been already. We and most we know hardly ever go and never go to the squares when there is a popular group there due to this issue.
You are missing a lot of enjoyment by not taking part in the evening entertainment.

I have lived full time in The Villages a bit over 5 years and go to Lake Sumter Landing or Spanish Springs at least once a week. We know to arrive about a half hour early and to bring our own chairs. No problem!

We have NEVER seen verbal altercations nor physical altercations.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepingItReal View Post

No doubt most moved here under the total belief that things like this would be promptly handled. Unfortunately as with most problems the silence from the Villages Management is deafening. Now it has escalated to the point there could possibly be verbal if not physical confrontations as a result of this issue not that there hasn't been already. We and most we know hardly ever go and never go to the squares when there is a popular group there due to this issue.

The silence from the Villages Management that could easily fix this continues. I think we were duped thinking into these type things would not be a problem but are left with the reality that the Villages will do basically nothing.

Well, that seems a little over-dramatic.

You think that "most people" who moved here were under some kind of impression that seat-saving was strictly controlled? The first time I visited here (in January 2009) I was invited to join a group who had roped off a row of seats. I didn't realize there was anything wrong with it then. I have since realized that it is wrong....but neither scenarios influenced my decision to move here.

I stay away from the squares during high season, not because of seat-saving, but because of the crowds and traffic. I figure I have the hazy-lazy days of summer to enjoy the squares and I'll leave the chairs, parking spots and restaurants for those who only have a few months to enjoy TV.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:39 PM
Sage
Default Lets band together and cut the ties

Quote:
...We know to arrive about a half hour early and to bring our own chairs. No problem!....
No problem to you. Why do you so insist everybody must feel as you do.
Quote:
...We have NEVER seen verbal altercations nor physical altercations.
Because you have let the seat-savers win and dictate how you visit the squares. Not everybody wishes to do so.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
Well, that seems a little over-dramatic.

You think that "most people" who moved here were under some kind of impression that seat-saving was strictly controlled? The first time I visited here (in January 2009) I was invited to join a group who had roped off a row of seats. I didn't realize there was anything wrong with it then. I have since realized that it is wrong....but neither scenarios influenced my decision to move here.

I stay away from the squares during high season, not because of seat-saving, but because of the crowds and traffic. I figure I have the hazy-lazy days of summer to enjoy the squares and I'll leave the chairs, parking spots and restaurants for those who only have a few months to enjoy TV.
Yeah. What he said.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
We know to arrive about a half hour early and to bring our own chairs. No problem!
With all due respect, when popular entertainers are at the Squares, parking is very limited.
There are many people who find it difficult to carry chairs, especially if they are parked blocks away.
So for those people, the lack of chairs is a problem.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:32 AM

Quote:
You are missing a lot of enjoyment by not taking part in the evening entertainment.

I have lived full time in The Villages a bit over 5 years and go to Lake Sumter Landing or Spanish Springs at least once a week. We know to arrive about a half hour early and to bring our own chairs. No problem!

We have NEVER seen verbal altercations nor physical altercations.

I must be totally lost on how to do the squares. Snowbirds will be gone for the most part within the next 2-3 weeks. Would you be willing to meet my husband and I about 30 mins before the show the next time Rocky ATR's are at Spanish Springs, and show us how you work it. Not trying to sound stupid here, but we just haven't had the same experiences that you talk about, and would appreciate your demonstrations. I am sincere in this, not trying to be sarcastic. Thanks.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

What is allowed and not allowed has been presented several times in the Daily Sun and the two property owners organizations.

Saving is not allowed. Saving is OK if one is on the dance floor or at one of the drink booths.

If saving chairs becomes a liability issue for TV as so many venues have over the years we can be sure TV will do something about it.

Something like removing the chairs and not allowing the bringing of chairs to the squares.

Or something else residents will dislike even more than "saving chairs".

Remember the buffalo?
Remember when the squares (not Brownwood of course) used to be open to celebrate News Years eve into the morning?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.