Lets band together and cut the ties

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2015, 10:01 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneycat View Post
you are making the mistake of thinking that TOTV really represents the villages, it doesn't. It represents mostly the whiners, Real people handle issues without the crying and whining. Grow up! sheesh!
the villages mgmt expects you to be adults and not constantly complain about every little thing.
The main problem with this 'forum' is that it fosters this moan and groan culture as opposed to a lets do something, the OP at least supported doing something albeit she did it by posting where nothing happens, here!
Highlighted sections are so true, and getting worse by the year.

TOTV is really Squawk Of The Villages
Old 04-03-2015, 10:04 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default I Can't Believe what I Am Reading

I noted a number of usernames on this thread who in the past were highly critical of the political forum. Yet here we find them in a political and hotly debate about saving chairs from people whom appear quite heavily invested in the topic and act and speak like their in a scene from West Side Story

First the entertainment at the square isn't all that great. The crowd in the square(s) have been and continually grows larger and larger so that you have hardly room to walk let alone dance. The lines to get food or drink are long. The food on the square is passable. Along with the crowds people have to put up with other people's dogs.

Does that really sound all that inviting to you?

Personal Best Regards:
Old 04-03-2015, 10:30 AM
Eternal Member

[QUOTE=rubicon;1039578]

I noted a number of usernames on this thread who in the past were highly critical of the political forum. Yet here we find them in a political and hotly debate about saving chairs from people whom appear quite heavily invested in the topic and act and speak like their in a scene from West Side Story

First the entertainment at the square isn't all that great. The crowd in the square(s) have been and continually grows larger and larger so that you have hardly room to walk let alone dance. The lines to get food or drink are long. The food on the square is passable. Along with the crowds people have to put up with other people's dogs.

Does that really sound all that inviting to you?

Personal Best Regards:[/QUOTE

The squares ARE fun places to go!! Most of the programs are entertaining. There are a few that are not good but most are pretty good and some are excellent.

Usually, there is plenty of room for dancing. When the best entertainment pays in high season, things are very crowded. Live with it.

Not too many people bring dogs. They are no problem.

Yes, the squares ARE inviting!
Old 04-03-2015, 10:34 AM

It's getting pretty bad I heard someone put chains on the chairs at Spanish a week or two ago and special events got out the bolt cutters and threw away the chain. What is wrong with people..
Old 04-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
I'm glad that so many think this is a problem, like me. I'm also glad that so many have suggestions and thoughts on how to solve the problem. It seems to me that taking away the chairs, though it would make the problem go away, does not really solve the problem. It simply creates another set of problems. I'm not in favor of punishing the many because of a problem created by a selfish and inconsiderate few who deem themselves privileged.
The way to solve this problem is to enforce the rule that is already in place. (1) Put up "no saving" related signs at each venue. (2) Announce "no saving" at each venue each night. (3) And most importantly, have the applicable sheriff's department there at each venue to enforce the rule.

I'm not opposed to the demonstration against the selfish that is proposed by the OP, and in fact it may ultimately take that to get enough attention to the issue, but I'm pretty sure that somewhere during these confrontations Bubba or Mr. Hothead Villager, whether alcohol fueled or just aggressive by nature, is going to punch, push or otherwise physically assault someone and people will get hurt. Our community will be publicly embarrassed, and the public impression of our community will be tarnished. When they do it is primarily the fault of the SELFISH SAVERS, but it is also a liability for the Villages Entertainment and the sheriff's office. A court will see it that way when a jury awards damages. They can't claim that they didn't know this problem exists.

Seriously, if there are circumstances brewing where there might be some sort of dangerous physical confrontation, isn't it the responsibility of the sheriff's office to anticipate that, recognize it for what it is, and provide law enforcement personnel to see that it doesn't get out of hand? OK, I get it that this isn't exactly a terrorist attack we are talking about here, but it doesn't have to be. Eventually someone is going to get hurt because of this problem, and those who are responsible for controlling it, but are choosing to ignore it, will be held liable. I'm sure trial lawyers will swarm over this like sharks to blood in the water.

The nightly entertainment that we enjoy is a tremendous benefit for many who call this community home, and for that I express my sincere and heartfelt thanks to The Villages Entertainment Division, and to the merchants in the various squares. But it currently has a problem that needs to be fixed, and soon.
I couldn't agree more. It's only a matter of time before something very bad happens.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:47 PM
Gold member

Just checked the web cams. Front row is going fast!
A Community Watch person was standing by; maybe making sure seat savers are not really schmucks but just rather entitled.
I'm going to first drive down to get my mail and park across 3 spaces because I can then get me one of them open seats pdq.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:59 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I couldn't agree more. It's only a matter of time before something very bad happens.
You mean like a warning shot?
Old 04-03-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnGirl View Post
Now what. The rope cutters are forming a little mini gang, to take charge. Remember there were only 11 names on that petition, I hardly call that a majority. Shame on you for going and looking for trouble. Truly, if The Villages finds this entertainment a liability they WILL stop the entertainment. STOP and think before you do anything.
Many do not want their names on a petition even though they want this problem fixed.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudoll View Post
Many do not want their names on a petition even though they want this problem fixed.
I am not in favor of intentionally seeking out confrontation, but I agree. I do not believe the petition is any indicator of the magnitude (or lack thereof) of the problem. I didn't sign the petition and I'm opposed to seat saving. I think there are plenty others.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:32 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Like I said this thread is playing out like a scene from West side Story

Not too inviting to me
Old 04-03-2015, 05:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneycat View Post
you are making the mistake of thinking that TOTV really represents the villages, it doesn't. It represents mostly the whiners, Real people handle issues without the crying and whining. Grow up! sheesh!
the villages mgmt expects you to be adults and not constantly complain about every little thing.
The main problem with this 'forum' is that it fosters this moan and groan culture as opposed to a lets do something, the OP at least supported doing something albeit she did it by posting where nothing happens, here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
Highlighted sections are so true, and getting worse by the year.

TOTV is really Squawk Of The Villages

And we have more moaning and groaning about others moaning and groaning, good one...
Old 04-03-2015, 05:15 PM
Eternal Member

How soon before we get a live action, blow by blow running commentary on the group of TOTV'rs who went to Brownwood to cut the chair ties with the OP of this thread leading the charge - scissors in her hand.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member

The webcam is not working, so we will require a play by play.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:36 PM

Hey if this is the biggest issue we have to deal with then that's a pretty good thing eh? I love it here!!!
Old 04-03-2015, 05:36 PM
Gold member

The webcam is still not working. I hope there is no trouble there.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.