Let's Get Real

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2022, 11:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Let's Get Real

Lets get real. The Villages is also the world leader as the largest "Dog Park" in the world. It seems like every where you go in the villages you are subject to dogs and their relieving themselves. They are at the Mail Stations which is used as a Dog Park. They are also in all of the Squares using whatever bush or tree is available. Lets not forget everybody's lawn, and god forgive the area's around the Shuffle Boards, just outside swimming pools and the open spaces around club houses. I am sure I am leaving some out but this is a start. We are dog lovers and in fact had one for years and would never think of allowing him to relieve himself outside our own property or at a self in closed dog park. When we see someone allowing their dog to use a private property (lawn, etc.) we are amazed there are people who are so within them selves that they totally disregard the other person rights and privacy. At Lake Sumter we watched a dog relieve itself in a small area of shrubs and a little while later two workers from the Villages get down and weed the
same area without gloves. Dog's do carry bacteria and can spread or create infections.
Now, I know that every dog lover will be outraged that anyone would challenge the right
for them to use other people's property for a outhouse for dogs. As I said we owned dogs
for many many years and always considered the other person. Since there is no law which protects the general and private property of others this behavior will most likely
not change and we must endure the behavior in the future. All those dog owners who respect other THANKS, those that don't SHAME.
Old 01-16-2022, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,664 Times in 1,502 Posts
Default Laws exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Lets get real. The Villages is also the world leader as the largest "Dog Park" in the world. It seems like every where you go in the villages you are subject to dogs and their relieving themselves. They are at the Mail Stations which is used as a Dog Park. They are also in all of the Squares using whatever bush or tree is available. Lets not forget everybody's lawn, and god forgive the area's around the Shuffle Boards, just outside swimming pools and the open spaces around club houses. I am sure I am leaving some out but this is a start. We are dog lovers and in fact had one for years and would never think of allowing him to relieve himself outside our own property or at a self in closed dog park. When we see someone allowing their dog to use a private property (lawn, etc.) we are amazed there are people who are so within them selves that they totally disregard the other person rights and privacy. At Lake Sumter we watched a dog relieve itself in a small area of shrubs and a little while later two workers from the Villages get down and weed the
same area without gloves. Dog's do carry bacteria and can spread or create infections.
Now, I know that every dog lover will be outraged that anyone would challenge the right
for them to use other people's property for a outhouse for dogs. As I said we owned dogs
for many many years and always considered the other person. Since there is no law which protects the general and private property of others this behavior will most likely
not change and we must endure the behavior in the future. All those dog owners who respect other THANKS, those that don't SHAME.
Actually, laws do exist. They, unfortunately, are seldom enforced except when a property owner builds a case, gathers evidence and brings in law enforcement. Lot of work to prove to a self entitled jerk that they do not own your property. Meanwhile, poor dog gets labeled as the problem because the jerk owner refuses to respect the property of others. If property owner asks dog owner to " please keep off the grass", rather than a simple "okay", they get a list of excuses (none of which are truly valid) and get labeled as "grouchy" or unfriendly. Good, responsible dog owners never allow their dogs on someone else's property without permission from the owner before hand.
Old 01-16-2022, 12:01 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,178 Times in 759 Posts

I see most dog owners pick up their droppings, but I also see the little poop bags left at the curb, I guess the magic poop collector gets these .... or maybe not...
Old 01-16-2022, 12:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

MOST dog owners do what is right.
And just like all other "reporting" these days the isolated or minority (not race) incidents are presented as if a general condition (not inferring that is what the OP has done).
Old 01-16-2022, 12:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,563 Times in 509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
And here it freaking goes again.

Some of you just like hearing yourself .
Old 01-16-2022, 12:49 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
And here it freaking goes again.

Some of you just like hearing yourself .

It's just wishful thinking that the offender's would see the errors in their ways.
Old 01-16-2022, 01:47 PM

Maybe, they will read this post and change their ways, naahhh, wishful thinking
Old 01-16-2022, 02:17 PM
Veteran member

I love dogs, but g r o s s....
Old 01-16-2022, 02:34 PM

Next up a Costco thread
Old 01-16-2022, 02:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Oh good. Another dog poop thread.
Old 01-16-2022, 03:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,664 Times in 1,502 Posts
Default Alright!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
Oh good. Another dog poop thread.
Lot more entertaining than another covid thread. 😆
Old 01-16-2022, 03:49 PM

Go to the FRESH FARMERS markets -- it's like a dog parade.. why on EARTH do you take them?? stroll them around in little wagons etc. (have you regressed back to taking care of a child?)

I witnessed a lady in PUBLIX with a poodle with a SERVICE DOG jacket- YEAH RIGHT !

When will society wake up? These poop monsters need to be treated like canine.. remember when humans were the superior race?
Old 01-16-2022, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-US View Post
Go to the FRESH FARMERS markets -- it's like a dog parade.. why on EARTH do you take them?? stroll them around in little wagons etc. (have you regressed back to taking care of a child?)

I witnessed a lady in PUBLIX with a poodle with a SERVICE DOG jacket- YEAH RIGHT !

When will society wake up? These poop monsters need to be treated like canine.. remember when humans were the superior race?
There is nothing wrong taking your dog outside for a walk in a public space. If people have so many problems dealing with dogs they should have moved to a community that does not allow pets.
Old 01-16-2022, 04:01 PM

Last I looked we have ZERO grass at Brownwood.. or in publix. Why are we walking dogs in these areas? Didn't they build dog parks for this reason? If nobody is using them I say put more homes in and get more taxes and fees then.
Old 01-16-2022, 04:03 PM
Veteran member

I don't have an issue with dogs, but in the grocery store...? I don't think dogs need to be in stores or restaurants. Maybe I'm just old fashioned.
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, dogs, property, park, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.