Let’s Be Kind To Our Businesses

Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2020, 09:04 AM
Default Let’s Be Kind To Our Businesses

I know that during these trying and uncertain times we are all using social media to rant and rave and report our experiences as we start to move around our community.

It seems to be obvious that [I]everyone[I] has an opinion about how we should be proceeding now and our business owners and managers are no different.

If you go to a place of business and they aren’t following what you think meets your individual standards you are free to leave and go elsewhere.

Let’s not come on here for the sole purpose of bashing and shaming them. Put yourself in their shoes and try to have a little compassion. We are going to need these businesses to be alive and thriving when we get through this.

Just my thoughts. Thanks.
Old 05-18-2020, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolSells View Post
I know that during these trying and uncertain times we are all using social media to rant and rave and report our experiences as we start to move around our community.

It seems to be obvious that [I]everyone[I] has an opinion about how we should be proceeding now and our business owners and managers are no different.

If you go to a place of business and they aren’t following what you think meets your individual standards you are free to leave and go elsewhere.

Let’s not come on here for the sole purpose of bashing and shaming them. Put yourself in their shoes and try to have a little compassion. We are going to need these businesses to be alive and thriving when we get through this.

i generally agree with you but if a business does not follow proper sanitation and can make us ill I sure would want to be aware of it.
Old 05-18-2020, 09:42 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Zaikov View Post
i generally agree with you but if a business does not follow proper sanitation and can make us ill I sure would want to be aware of it.
If you could see all that goes on in a restaurant kitchen you wouldn't eat at most of them.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
If you could see all that goes on in a restaurant kitchen you wouldn't eat at most of them.
Probably true but if I know about them I can avoid them
Old 05-18-2020, 11:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:

It goes the other way around too. If you go to a business that is open, then as a customer you would want the company's employees to be safe. So it's on you to wear a mask to prevent YOUR germs (whatever kind they may be), from ending up all around their store. Especially if you need an employee's assistance for something, thereby engaging them in one of those "personal space" communications.

Risk reduction, risk reduction, risk reduction. Can't stress it enough. You can't eliminate or guarantee that germs won't spread. But you can reduce the risk with simple, mostly painless, often no-cost steps. Wash your hands, don't touch your face, wear a mask if you can't keep a 6' distance.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Zaikov View Post
Probably true but if I know about them I can avoid them
Sadly, employees of the companies people visit can't avoid their customers. No matter how well a store's staff handles their own prevention measures, they cannot be guaranteed that some foolish customer with an allergy doesn't walk in and sneeze an asymptomatic virus all over their products or their clothes of their sneeze-guard or the cash they hand over to the cashier.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:24 AM
Veteran member

Loved the OP's statement. Well said and true ,THEN , The bashers go In .....SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2020, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Her post had nothing to do with being anxious to eliminate restrictions. It was about common courtesy, which your post lacks.
Thank you. As you can see by the piddling numbers of people who have even bothered to read this post let alone respond, “we” here are much more interested in snarkiness and Ill will than kindness. It’s a sad state of affairs. ☹️
Old 05-18-2020, 03:24 PM

Naldo's on 466, every server wearing a mask. Bravo in Lake Sumter, no server or cook wearing a mask.
Old 05-18-2020, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,653 Times in 1,496 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDVeteran View Post
Naldo's on 466, every server wearing a mask. Bravo in Lake Sumter, no server or cook wearing a mask.
Naldo's please.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:15 PM

Welcome to TV. Pretty sad.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:39 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by too17 View Post
Welcome to TV. Pretty sad.
Poster has great comments. To this post, people who are snarky didn't get that way when they came to TV, they were like that before.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Thank you. As you can see by the piddling numbers of people who have even bothered to read this post let alone respond, “we” here are much more interested in snarkiness and Ill will than kindness. It’s a sad state of affairs. ☹️
Carol I know you and I know you didn't mean to sound unfair. We can't forget we are in an unprecedented situation and people's lives are REALLY at risk. There are so many unfounded rumors and so much incorrect information floating about that everyone is tense and on edge and even worse, some are following some rather aggressive groups who are angered by their "loss of freedom". I see it as a medical emergency, with the facts not yet well researched and established, AND a terrible financial disaster as well, where peoples means to put food on their tables is being thwarted by the lack of customers who fear for their lives.

It's a mess and if people are a bit snarky, they have reason to be. No one wants to die, or lose someone to the virus and no one wants to see real people's businesses tank, or watch the worlds economy fail and witness the terrible disaster that would bring.

It is called being between a rock and a hard place.
Old 05-18-2020, 05:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Day 14, playing golf everyday, first week ate out 7 times. Week 2 ate out 1-2 times a day. Again more than I eat out in months. Since other half has gone into the Covid zone, I am doing everything I can to boost economy.

Week 2 still negative
Old 05-18-2020, 06:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It goes the other way around too. If you go to a business that is open, then as a customer you would want the company's employees to be safe. So it's on you to wear a mask to prevent YOUR germs (whatever kind they may be), from ending up all around their store. Especially if you need an employee's assistance for something, thereby engaging them in one of those "personal space" communications.

Risk reduction, risk reduction, risk reduction. Can't stress it enough. You can't eliminate or guarantee that germs won't spread. But you can reduce the risk with simple, mostly painless, often no-cost steps. Wash your hands, don't touch your face, wear a mask if you can't keep a 6' distance.
It is nearly impossible to keep a 6 foot distance when a waiter/waitress is taking your order in a restaurant. I was not planning on wearing a mask once seated in a restaurant. The wait staff come and go while the patrons are eating and drinking. I just can not imagine having to place my mask on and off every time the wait staff comes to the table. Having said that, I do expect the wait staff to always wear a mask when serving patrons. I'm not protecting the wait staff but I expect them to protect me. It doesn't seem fair does it?

Last edited by coffeebean; 05-18-2020 at 06:22 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
let’s, business, businesses, bashing, purpose

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.