Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2013, 12:55 PM
Default Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance

Received a letter in the mail from The Seniors Coalition stating Liberty Mutual could save you money on your auto insurance. Before I call for a quote, thought I'd reach out to see if any Liberty Mutual customers are satisfied with this company. Thank you.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:28 PM

Wow! "zero" responses. Can't believe no one uses Liberty Mutual Ins. Co. for their auto insurance.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:36 PM

USAA - Only way to go for any insurance, if you qualify!
Old 10-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Sage

I can't recall hearing Liberty Mutual mentioned on this forum before.

Regarding the letter you received, don't ALL of these types of letters say that they "could save you money on your auto insurance?"

Good luck. It doesn't hurt to find out more information.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:42 PM

We have used Liberty Mutual Ins for years in RI and here in FL. We are satisfied with their service and always someone available to talk with any questions or concerns we have had.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We have liberty mutual up north. .lowest rate for us on home and auto
Old 10-19-2013, 08:03 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant View Post
Received a letter in the mail from The Seniors Coalition stating Liberty Mutual could save you money on your auto insurance. Before I call for a quote, thought I'd reach out to see if any Liberty Mutual customers are satisfied with this company. Thank you.
We have Liberty Mutual auto, home and liability insurance. Can't say that I'd recommend them to a first-time customer. We originally had their auto insurance for forty (yes 40) years and also included our first home in NY, then our condo in FL, plus a personal liability policy. Stupid, stupid, stupid: you should change carriers once in a while just to get lower rates. We did not, solely because our Florida windstorm coverage was grandfathered in.

When I turned 65, they raised our premium just because I was in a higher risk age group. Then my wife had a small accident that paid $2000 to fix the other driver's car, but no damage to her car. They raised our premium for that. Then they were going to raise the premium for her to turn 65.

So, in disgust, I dropped the Liberty Mutual car insurance, and got a much cheaper policy from Hartford. (saved about $1200) Then Liberty Mutual doubled the liability premium, because we did not insure our cars with them.

Now, to add insult to injury, Liberty mutual contacted us, and offered auto coverage at a premium that matched our new Hartford policy. So, I grudgingly went back with them, just to get rid of the surcharge on the liability premium.

I dislike the company, but I guess that the devil I know is better than the devil I don't know.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:13 PM

Thank you all for the above info.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:32 AM
Platinum member

We had Liberty Mutual in VA. When we moved to FL, we were told that they did not insure here, so we had to find new insurance.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.