Life after self quarantine??

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2020, 09:15 AM
Default Life after self quarantine??

So the better half and I have gone through the 14 day self quarantine, no symptoms and do not seem to be ill. She brought up a great question this morning, what now? Are we free and clear to go back to a normal routine, respecting the distancing and sanitary instructions? Do we start another 14 days if we go to any store? How do you apply any type of logic to these directions being put out by all levels of government and public health officials? Testing is another question, if you got tested and are negative do you ask for a test again in 14 days if you go out in public? If everyone is not on the same 14 day quarantine schedule how does this work to eliminate the virus?

Not being dismissive of the virus or what is being recommended/done to stop the spread but I could not even begin to answer these and many other questions. So was looking for a little help from all the mental power out there in TV. WHAT DO YOU DO NEXT?
Old 03-29-2020, 10:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

It helps cause you were potentially effected, you would know in the 14 day period or you wouldn’t be contagious at the end of 14 days. You still have to keep social distances and wash everything after you have contact with unknown sources. No, it will not be back to normal for quite awhile.
Old 03-29-2020, 11:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
So the better half and I have gone through the 14 day self quarantine, no symptoms and do not seem to be ill. She brought up a great question this morning, what now? Are we free and clear to go back to a normal routine, respecting the distancing and sanitary instructions? Do we start another 14 days if we go to any store? How do you apply any type of logic to these directions being put out by all levels of government and public health officials? Testing is another question, if you got tested and are negative do you ask for a test again in 14 days if you go out in public? If everyone is not on the same 14 day quarantine schedule how does this work to eliminate the virus?

Not being dismissive of the virus or what is being recommended/done to stop the spread but I could not even begin to answer these and many other questions. So was looking for a little help from all the mental power out there in TV. WHAT DO YOU DO NEXT?
My two cents ... stay self-isolated for probably at least two more weeks. Maybe we'll get the all clear whistle, maybe not.

In the meantime, the two most important things to do (in addition to self-isolating) are a) wash your hands frequently and b) do NOT touch your face. According to an ER doctor from NYC who posted on YT, 99% of the cases he's seen are self-introduced by the virus entering your body via mouth, nose or eyes by touching those areas with your hands.
Old 03-29-2020, 11:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
So the better half and I have gone through the 14 day self quarantine, no symptoms and do not seem to be ill. She brought up a great question this morning, what now? Are we free and clear to go back to a normal routine, respecting the distancing and sanitary instructions?
Bottom line... experts predict most of us will become infected. IF you're in the "vulnerable population", life does not return to normal until the threat (virus) is eliminated. Since we have no way of eradicating it, no one is "safe" until a vaccine is available, about 18 MONTHS from now.

If you're in the vulnerable population, you need to plan on socially isolating and exercising extreme care until you are vaccinated.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, bourbon in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!" -- Hunter S. Thompson
Old 03-29-2020, 12:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by B767drvr View Post
Bottom line... experts predict most of us will become infected. IF you're in the "vulnerable population", life does not return to normal until the threat (virus) is eliminated. Since we have no way of eradicating it, no one is "safe" until a vaccine is available, about 18 MONTHS from now.

If you're in the vulnerable population, you need to plan on socially isolating and exercising extreme care until you are vaccinated.
That is the truth. This is a nightmare in many ways. I am glad to be alive, but I know that people will risk getting infected and become infected. Not all will die but within the next week we all will lose someone who we know well to this damned virus. We still have choices to save our own neck and others too. It is going to get far worse before it gets any better. Everyone is doing everything possible all over the world and we only have one tool. Patience.

Tags
quarantine, days, question, virus, public

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.