Life in Greater Brownwood vicinity?

Closed Thread
Old 12-14-2018, 08:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,511 Times in 3,104 Posts
Default Life in Greater Brownwood vicinity?

I love the Spanish Springs area, and I love the Sumter Landing area. Why? Because there's tons to DO, both in and out of the vicinity. Wherever we live, we'll be there for the rest of our lives, presumably. I drove outside the Villages near Fenney and there was absolutely NOTHING there. If you want something to do, you either accept the limited same 50 stores and restaurants in Brownwood, or you drive 20 minutes north to the rest of The Villages, or even longer to get out of the Villages completely.

Where are all the things to do? I mean other than Brownwood, which was nice, but just like I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life going to the same mall every few days, I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life going to Brownwood every few days. I like a little variety.

Are there any of the kajillion clubs you can join, active in the Fenney area? Or do you have to go up to Sumter? What about places to go outside the Villages? Any museums, auto repair shops, movie theatres (I know, there are some in TV. Variety, people. Variety.)? Bodegas? Book stores? An Antiques Row with luncheonettes and boutiques tucked away somewhere within a 10 minute drive?

Last edited by OrangeBlossomBaby; 12-14-2018 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Hope you find that place so you can be happy......I'm sure there are homes for sale in Spanish Springs or Sumter. It will be years till you find what you want south of 466A.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 12-15-2018, 02:16 AM

Glenbrook, Polo ridge, Saddlebrook, Glenview C.C.....Best of all worlds, across B.V., Polo fields,.Go east Savana, Spanish Springs.. Go south(tunnel of trees) Lake Sumter Landing....Going west, the fabulous Southern Trace strip mall..Distance by cart, not too long, not too short.. For a fast car getaway 466...All IMHO...
Old 12-15-2018, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

They paint and draw and clay and ballet dance and line dance and play their violins and tubas and trace heritage and play Mah-jong and Mexican Train at all of the rec centers south of 466 and will continue to do so. They have Publix and Walmart and Aldi's and Lowes in those parts too. Build it and they will come. The developer is poised to build and rent retail to those businesses who decide to move here and reap some profits. Don't really think there is much to do at squares other than eat and drink and buy overpriced stuff. After a while....for us less than a year, the squares weren't much draw. We have golf buddies and art buddies, and card buddies and often socialize with them.

I wonder about your observation skills Mrs. Jazzeeuula.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:21 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

No matter where you live it will the same surroundings day after day....and the same things to do...
Old 12-15-2018, 07:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Wherever we live, we'll be there for the rest of our lives, presumably.
Do you understand and appreciate the freedom you will have in retirement?

You can live one place and then, if you are not happy, you can move somewhere else. You cannot be afraid to think for yourself.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:47 AM
fw102807

If you don't like the Fenney area don't move there. Not everyone wants the same things as you. I am tired of people thinking that just because they believe something everyone else should too.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

You do know the same amenities, clubs, movies, shopping, is available to those who live anywhere in TV.

We all have to leave the bubble for points N or S of TV!!!!

Some of us moved in when there was no shopping on Rolling Acres, no Lake Sumter Landing.....nothing S of 466 (not 466 A).....and now we are surrounded by it all.

There is a place in TV that will suit your needs. Brownwood and S, in the not too distant future will be surrounded by TV amazing evolution and it's draw on retail, shopping, etc, etc.

The perceived problem is so easy to solve.....just do it!
Old 12-15-2018, 07:56 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,339 Times in 1,447 Posts

You don't have "The Vision" South of 44 isn't for everyone but those of us down here wouldn't change. If you compare this area to a year ago, you can only imagine what it will be like a year from now. I had to drive up Morse yesterday to Lake Sumter and could not wait to get out of that traffic and back down here where it's less stressful. I only go to Spanish Springs if there is a special event or to enjoy KB's a couple times a year. There are some nice restaurants in Leesburg, Mt. Dora is not far from here, Inverness, etc. Places that you, being up North, probably don't frequent. Don't have to worry about us, we're all one big happy family and getting bigger by the day.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
I love the Spanish Springs area, and I love the Sumter Landing area. Why? Because there's tons to DO, both in and out of the vicinity. Wherever we live, we'll be there for the rest of our lives, presumably. I drove outside the Villages near Fenney and there was absolutely NOTHING there. If you want something to do, you either accept the limited same 50 stores and restaurants in Brownwood, or you drive 20 minutes north to the rest of The Villages, or even longer to get out of the Villages completely.

Where are all the things to do? I mean other than Brownwood, which was nice, but just like I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life going to the same mall every few days, I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life going to Brownwood every few days. I like a little variety.

Are there any of the kajillion clubs you can join, active in the Fenney area? Or do you have to go up to Sumter? What about places to go outside the Villages? Any museums, auto repair shops, movie theatres (I know, there are some in TV. Variety, people. Variety.)? Bodegas? Book stores? An Antiques Row with luncheonettes and boutiques tucked away somewhere within a 10 minute drive?
Really?
Old 12-15-2018, 09:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:

You will find a lot of people moved here when LSL was newly built. Could care less about the squares. Since you seem to be happier with ready up and running area, it might be the best fit.
Then again average move here is 2.5 times. We are at move number 3. So you have choices
Old 12-15-2018, 10:11 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

I'm not going to bite.

Old 12-15-2018, 10:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I'm not going to bite.

Better off Swimming over to The BlueFinster!
Old 12-15-2018, 10:18 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Better off Swimming over to The BlueFinster!
But do they take reservations???
Old 12-15-2018, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

We live 3-1/2 miles from LSL and 4 miles from Brownwood. I like both of those squares, since they changed Katie Bells we don't find ourselves going to SS very much. We still go to the area, we shop at Kohls, Belks, etc and eat at all the places on 441/27. It's only about 9 miles if you go up Morse, so all three squares are in play.

If it were me, I would live in my area, namely the area around Seabreeze Rec Center. St. James, Duval, Gilchrist or Pinellas. We go to Brownwood 3 days a week for the MVP health club. Also you have McAlister's Deli, Toojays, Flippers and a new BBQ is opening are nearby. Plus those two squares have nicer seating for the live music and those two movie theaters are nicer and get some of the bigger movies. Overall, LSL and Brownwood are both very nice. Close to our villages is the new Trailwinds project which has Lowes, Aldis, ABC Liquor, Jersey Mike's is opening in January, and a Taco Bell and Wendys are getting ready to break ground.

Three miles down 466A is the Colony Shopping Center and the new Walmart Grocery store. The area around Buena Visa and 466A in my opinion, is the happening area. If you're a golfer you have Bonifay, Cane Garden, Havana, Belle Glade and Evans Prairie all within a 20 minute cart ride.
Closed Thread

Tags
brownwood, villages, rest, life, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.