Life in Greater Brownwood vicinity?

Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2018, 05:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
When we move, it'll be to our final owned property. After that, it'll be assisted living, a "home," or the grave. I realize moving is a hobby for some of you, but for others, we move when we have to, not when we want to. I don't want to move at all and now that we have to, MY first choice would be the desert, not Florida. But it's not my decision to make so no, I don't have choices. I can either move where my spouse chooses to move, or he says he'll miss me.

I certainly have input into this, but the decision is ultimately his. And so, I'm looking at all possible options so that I am able to be at peace with this process.

To those who criticize me so blatantly here, you can thank yourselves for my attitude.
Our moves were not a hobby, house One was a vaca home, and a place for one set of parental units. House Two was a place for other set of parental units. House Three is where we live.

I am so sorry that in soon to be 2019 you are not able to have a say in the place that you would be happy to call home.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:32 PM
Veteran member

We live right near Brownwood and love it. Rarely ever need to go to SS area and find ourselves going to LSL area less and less now. In just the past few months we have seen 4 new shopping Plazas go up that are within a 5 minute golf cart or Auto ride with more to come soon. Plus, all sorts of new Amenities just south of 44 being built now that will be golf cart accessible within a year or so on top of the great amenities we already have here by Brownwood. Life is GREAT here and only getting better ! (and exciting to watch the daily progress)

Old 12-16-2018, 08:32 AM
Veteran member
Default Antique row

I was surprised to learn there is an Antique Row/resales behind Main Street along the train tracks. There is a parking lot near Bargains and Blessings.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
When we move, it'll be to our final owned property. After that, it'll be assisted living, a "home," or the grave. I realize moving is a hobby for some of you, but for others, we move when we have to, not when we want to. I don't want to move at all and now that we have to, MY first choice would be the desert, not Florida. But it's not my decision to make so no, I don't have choices. I can either move where my spouse chooses to move, or he says he'll miss me.

I certainly have input into this, but the decision is ultimately his. And so, I'm looking at all possible options so that I am able to be at peace with this process.

To those who criticize me so blatantly here, you can thank yourselves for my attitude.
I think this post explains a lot about the demeanor of your posts in general and am sad that this is not a happy and exciting process for you as it is for so many of us.

As far as your last statement, I think the criticism you are seeing is probably a result of the presentation and tone of your posts, especially not knowing your circumstances until now. My experience in TV is this - if you come down and walk the streets with a smile on your face you will most likely get that and more in return. We have found we could have easily made fast friends with people we encountered just walking down the street, or bumped into in a rec center, or even while standing in line somewhere as we could have in our own neighborhood. In other words, don't base your attitude about TV on your interactions on this forum. All you need to do in TV is to reach out and ask a simple question or extend a smile to another person and you will experience the abundance of warmth and acceptance in the vast majority of people who live and/or work there.

Wishing you all the best as you wade through the process of this important decision. I hope you find happiness and contentment wherever you land.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:38 AM
Platinum member

Quote:

Every person has a choice, spouse or not. It sounds like you will be able to find like-minded people wherever you end up. The Villages is filled with really nice people and some nasty ones, too. Just like there are up north. I hope you are able to view this time in your life as a positive one and make positive changes so you can be happy. People of my generation are more likely to follow unconvention to find their happiness.. I am 50...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2018, 11:24 AM
Location: California, Massachusetts, California, Virginia, Morocco, Massachusetts, Buttonwood

It seems to me that many people move to TV, thinking a couple of things. First, that what they see now will always be. It's almost like they ignore the fact that things change. Second, that whatever choice they make for where they live will be permanent. And if that choice is wrong, or changes, that they somehow did something wrong.
We will be moving to TV in just over three months. We think our eyes are wide open to all the possibilities. One of those possibilities is that at some point, we may decide that TV is just not for us. I highly doubt it, but it is possible. We're trying to enter retirement looking at it as an adventure, knowing we will make some good choices and some bad ones. It's all part of the process.
I'm pretty sure that the southern area, Fenney, DeSoto, McLure, et al, will be much different in five years than what they are now. Ten years, they may be unrecognizable. When they started Fenney, I read the posts saying, "Yeah, but where are the golf courses?". Well, so far there are four. And it's less than two years into it. I think the folks who chose to live down there right now will be rewarded with a fantastic experience, it will just take some time and patience.

From our research, and visits to TV, we know that there are good points as well as bad. Just like anywhere else. We choose to keep a positive outlook.

Hope I haven't offended anyone, and if I did, I apologize.
Closed Thread

Tags
brownwood, villages, rest, life, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.