Lifestyle Preview

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2017, 12:51 PM

the lifestyle preview is the only way to check TV out.. great choice. Yes Brownwood has nightly entertainment (as do all the town squares) and brownwood is within walking distance if you are staying at the Alden Bungalows.. As for the sales person showing you things, tell him or her when and how you want to do this - they are no pressure people here
Old 06-05-2017, 01:45 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I second Raynan suggestion, Tony Trussler was our Villages agent as well, and he is definitely not pushy. After our LSV and return home we put our Baltimore home on the market and sold it in one day. There was really no need to travel back down, since we were buying a new home, you have to take what's been built. So we bought a CYV off the website sight-unseen. That night Tony came over to the home and took pictures inside and out and emailed them to me.

I've seen Tony every year that we've been here, because we've been invited to all of his 'thank you' lunches, I think that's been five of them. As far as his background, Tony is British and you'll know that the minute he talks. From what he told me, he came over to America around 1977 and settled in the New York area he's a Yankee fan, that I know is for sure. Call the Lake Sumter sales office and ask for Tony Trussler if you don't already have a salesman.
I've already been dealing with a villages realtor. She must have been given my name by the preview people. I've been communicating with her and sent her info on the places I've viewed online. She is going to meet me tomorrow afternoon to start looking.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:21 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,759 Posts

If you want to see all available preowned homes for sale (other than FSBO's) you may want to contact a Realtor with MLS. As you may know, a Realtor can function as a buyer's agent, a transaction agent or a seller's agent so you might want to let them know how you desire to proceed with them.

As has previously been posted the real estate agents that work through The Villages (VLS) solely represent the developer with regards to the sales of new homes. They are sales agents or brokers licensed by the state of Florida, but not Realtors. On VLS resales (if you can get a VLS agent to show you any), I don't know if it is possible to contract one as a buyer's agent. I suspect they probably represent the seller but possibly may be allowed to function as transaction agents. I would ask. My Villages agent evaded showing me even one resale, even after I made multiple requests to him. He told me he sold mostly new homes and alluded (possibly after winning a sales contest, I really have no idea) to having ridden on one of the developer's private jets. Maybe someone will post here the name of a Villages agent who was happy to show them resales.

As I understand it Villages agents receive higher commissions for selling new homes and are likely otherwise incentivized to push spec homes the developer has already built, homes under construction or homes planned to be built soon. I have no problem with that. However I do feel potential buyers should be aware of it.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 06-05-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Maybe someone will post here the name of a Villages agent who was happy to show them resales.
When we were looking we used Sharon Crenshaw with the VLS team. She was not at all pushy and was more than willing to show us all the resales we wanted to see. We ended up buying new, mainly because we couldn't find a resale on a "view" lot that we liked. Sharon was a pleasure to work with and can be reached at 352-638-2762.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:17 PM
Veteran member
Default TV realtors

I'm surprised at the experiences of the posters. We worked with Michelle Halloy of The Villages and she showed us everything that related to what we were looking for. Couldn't have asked for a better experience. New, used, no problem.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
If you want to see all available preowned homes for sale (other than FSBO's) you may want to contact a Realtor with MLS. As you may know, a Realtor can function as a buyer's agent, a transaction agent or a seller's agent so you might want to let them know how you desire to proceed with them.

As has previously been posted the real estate agents that work through The Villages (VLS) solely represent the developer with regards to the sales of new homes. They are sales agents or brokers licensed by the state of Florida, but not Realtors. On VLS resales (if you can get a VLS agent to show you any), I don't know if it is possible to contract one as a buyer's agent. I suspect they probably represent the seller but possibly may be allowed to function as transaction agents. I would ask. My Villages agent evaded showing me even one resale, even after I made multiple requests to him. He told me he sold mostly new homes and alluded (possibly after winning a sales contest, I really have no idea) to having ridden on one of the developer's private jets. Maybe someone will post here the name of a Villages agent who was happy to show them resales.

As I understand it Villages agents receive higher commissions for selling new homes and are likely otherwise incentivized to push spec homes the developer has already built, homes under construction or homes planned to be built soon. I have no problem with that. However I do feel potential buyers should be aware of it.

An excellent comment and 100% true!
Old 06-07-2017, 08:13 AM
Platinum member

Well, I'm here and staying at the Alden Bungelos. This is quite a place... Last night I went up to the square and had a beer and listened to the band. Don't know their name but they were good. Lots of folks dancing.

Today my sales rep is taking me to look at some two bedroom villa's. I want one on the newer side. Like built in 2005 to now.

It woke up to a pleasant rain this morning and went up to Dunkins at the square. Sitting in the screened lanai writing this drinking coffee.

Very peaceful here. Just how I like it. I'm about to give the golf cart a try around my neighborhood. Watch out!!!
Old 06-07-2017, 10:15 AM
Veteran member

Sorry about the rain but we desperately need it. If you came two weeks ago we looked like a desert. Have fun on your stay. If you get lost just ask someone to help. Most of us have been newbies and the cart path system is both amazing and confusing. When we made our lifestyle I ended up on Buenaventura Vista in the cart by mistake.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
35 miles west of Boston.
Hmmm... Not too far from Marlborough?
Old 06-07-2017, 11:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Well, I'm here and staying at the Alden Bungelos. This is quite a place... Last night I went up to the square and had a beer and listened to the band. Don't know their name but they were good. Lots of folks dancing.

Today my sales rep is taking me to look at some two bedroom villa's. I want one on the newer side. Like built in 2005 to now.
Did the lead singer play guitar and look like Buddy Holly? That was Johnny Wild and the Delights, they're the hottest band in TV since they first appeared here about a year ago.

If you look at CYV built in 2005, you'll actually be going north of 466, up around the softball fields and polo grounds. This development moves very fast, if you want to stay in the newer areas, south of 466A, then don't look at any villas built before 2012. The oldest village in the new area would be Sanibel and they didn't break ground there until 2011.
Old 06-07-2017, 01:15 PM

Not sure if you have ever been to the Villages, but 5 days isn't really enough to experience the lifestyle.
My husband and I visited friends for a week for 3 years. This past year, we rented for the month of January. During that time we fell in love with the lifestyle and purchased a home.
Since my husband still teaches, we are only able to be there for the month of January, so the house is a rental the rest of the time.
The home is available for rent if you have an interest in staying longer.
It is located in the Village of Delmar and minutes from Spanish Springs Village Square. My daughter recently stayed at the house and she walked to the Square.

If you are interested, please call or text and you will let you know how to find photos on a website.

Jean
585 694 3279
or email jricciuto@rochester.rr.com

Hope to hear from you
Old 06-07-2017, 02:13 PM
Sage

Quote:

It woke up to a pleasant rain this morning and went up to Dunkins at the square. Sitting in the screened lanai writing this drinking coffee.

Very peaceful here. Just how I like it. I'm about to give the golf cart a try around my neighborhood. Watch out!!!
I agree the band was Johnny Wild and the Delights.

A different lifestyle here in TV. Very laid back and relaxing.

You can as much as you want or as little as you want.

I'm sure you will love it here!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 06-07-2017, 09:08 PM
Platinum member

Well, I took the cart out and I got lost, I mean really lost lol. My realtor had to come and find me. God bless cell phones when you need them.
We looked at patio villas, courtyard villa's and cottage homes. We dicided to look at one more and then call it a day.

As soon as I looked around I really liked it. When I looked further I kinda fell in love so to speak. I'm a single guy so the size of a patio villa works for me. I made an offer and we are waiting for the reply.

It's a very young patio villa about two miles from Brownwood Square. The wait begins.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:16 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,759 Posts

Wow! Sounds like you scarfed the Kool-Aid right down. It only took you a few hours before you made an offer to purchase? And you used a Realtor, not a Villages agent? Congrats!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 06-08-2017 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:09 AM
Veteran member

Download the free Villages App. You'll never be lost again. Though every time I pull off a cart path someone offers to help if I'm lost.
Closed Thread

Tags
preview, lifestyle, section, adjust, brownwood

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.